• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2020 at 8:45 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 1/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, Dark Knight said:

Not a fan of the magnifying glass zoom feature, prefer the whole book enlarged with scrolling if someone wants to take a closer look.

+1

On 1/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, namisgr said:

+2 on the magnifying glass being a lousy replacement for large high resolution scans.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:30 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 1/12/2020 at 12:28 AM, comicquant said:

They could all take a lesson from HA...  

Yeah, sure love those super sized scans. But HA juice up the colors though, so don't learn too much.

+3 on the use of the lousy magnifying glass.  :p

I actually prefer their old 3-size (i.e. small, medium, & large) system which they used to have in place as "large" was big enough for me to see everything already. (thumbsu

I acutally prefer it over HA's never-ending supersizing of scans which can be so overdone to the point of seeing things that actually aren't there.  (shrug)

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I actually prefer their old 3-size (i.e. small, medium, & large) system which they used to have in place as "large" was big enough for me to see everything already.

(thumbsu

50 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+3 on the use of the lousy magnifying glass.  :p

I actually prefer their old 3-size (i.e. small, medium, & large) system which they used to have in place as "large" was big enough for me to see everything already. (thumbsu

I acutally prefer it over HA's never-ending supersizing of scans which can be so overdone to the point of seeing things that actually aren't there.  (shrug)

On 1/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, www.alexgross.com said:
On 1/12/2020 at 3:30 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Yeah, sure love those super sized scans. But HA juice up the colors though, so don't learn too much.

are you accusing heritage of 'juicing?'

The juicing may not actually be intentional.

Every digital camera / scanner captures details differently and none is perfect. Most are close but I don't think I've ever seen a perfect scan where a book looks exactly like the natural book in hand.

16 hours ago, AdamLogan said:

After many, many years of being patient for the purpose of finding a copy that I love for the right price - this arrived today.

I was able to acquire this from a second owner who had loved this copy for over 40 years, and at a great price. With that being the case, I will likely put it back into the market quickly and use the returns to buy up into a blue label copy.

For the moment though, I am happy to be part of the team - and even more excited for this beautiful book to have a home with us for the time being!

5E404487-E19E-4F3F-935D-77E6DDFD00D2.jpeg

Congratulations! 

31 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I am quite sure that the rather severe Marvel chipping along the entire right hand edge of this particular copy here had a serious down draft on the final price.  :p

:whatthe: what you doing in this neighborhood @lou_fine :whee:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I am quite sure that the rather severe Marvel chipping along the entire right hand edge of this particular copy here had a serious down draft on the final price.  :p

It's a bit low and more of a 3.0 price these days but really not a big surprise. IMO it's not a bad looking book it's just typical chipping & not really any better or worse than most AF15s in that grade tier (2.5/3.5). There is no doubt lower grade copies have dipped a bit this past year or so & If your in the market for a low to mid range example I really feel it may be a good time to make a move. Like most hobbies perception is 9/10th of reality However, I wouldn't wait too long. History has shown you can't keep a radioactive spider down forever.

Edited by I am not Glenda

3 hours ago, Tbone911t said:

I don't think it does refresh unfortunately. 

Screenshot_20200122-103343_Firefox (1).jpg

Thanks I went and looked and it did stop at 17,500 still wat cheap from last year. I would have bid if it was 4.0 I could live with 17,500.

30 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Just glad I got my SS 2.0 back in 2016... dip never regressed to those prices, plus a rebound looks to be underway as others have noted.