• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

This price on Ebay for 3.0 is insane.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-3-0-First-Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-Spiderman-NO-CHIPPING/254413962936?hash=item3b3c40feb8:g:KgUAAOSwgbhaSSuZ

Not too long ago, before I just purchased my 3.5, I offered 16.5k for it and he refused and countered 38k lol.  That will sit there unsold forever

2 hours ago, DT0428 said:

I dunno. The seller added description is fairly convincing:

THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST CGC 3.0`S IN EXISTENCE
IF NOT THE NICEST!
 I WOULD NOT QUESTION THIS BOOK IF IT WERE
TO BE IN A CGC 4.5 HOLDER!

NO MARVEL CHIPPING

THIS IS ONE OF THE 3 MOST IMPORTANT COMICS IN 
COMIC BOOK HISTORY WITH ACTION #1 & DETECTIVE #27 
BEING THE OTHER TWO. 

IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE AMAZING FANTASY #15`S
WILL BE OUT OF REACH FINANCIALLY FOR MOST COLLECTORS.
HERE IS A CHANCE TO PURCHASE A CGC 3.0 WITH THE LOOKS OF A 4.5!
Edited by NoMan

18 hours ago, DT0428 said:

This price on Ebay for 3.0 is insane.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-3-0-First-Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-Spiderman-NO-CHIPPING/254413962936?hash=item3b3c40feb8:g:KgUAAOSwgbhaSSuZ

Not too long ago, before I just purchased my 3.5, I offered 16.5k for it and he refused and countered 38k lol.  That will sit there unsold forever

Hey, hold on, bro -- this copy has no Marvel chipping!!  :roflmao:

On 6/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, drbanner said:

The AF 15 data on the left in the graphic below includes grades from 3.5 to 6.0 and has a couple of the Peak-AF 15 prices, it doesn't include "those crazy CC auction prices" (which I guess Metro will eventually report to GPA) and of course doesn't include the Clink prices since they don't report. The data on the right show Peak-Hulk1 occurring about 2 years ago before prices stagnated. I'll revisit this in six months and we'll see if the AF15 graphic continues to look like it does now...or more like the Hulk 1 data. (thumbsu

Almost 3 years later and mid-grade AF 15 prices have dropped off their peak values and remain depressed/stagnant...Hulk 1 creeping up ever-so-slightly.

216716193_Hulk1_AF15_35_60_Jan23_2020.thumb.jpg.4ce35602d7e739b07447840d7dc046eb.jpg

Lou thinks this is pretty cool!

Lou_F.jpg.4e5593da80f39efb84a097c50a4da4a4.jpg

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

Should be around there seems right. There are what like 5 other 9.4 copies, who knows which ones have been pressed up to this grade.

Yeah and (4) 9.6s. Matt's presser needs an overhaul with that much work...:smirk:

Wish CGC had 2 grading scales. Natural and UnNatural grades.

1 minute ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Maybe I am wrong but $900 000 to $1 million dollars seems right. I guess we will wait and see.

Sure the book could hit 7 figures. (shrug)

Edited by peewee22