• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Kids never get bored of super heroes and Disney will target them now that they own so many rights to the heroes we love. Preparing the next generation. And also they said they will be opening 3 theme parks dedicated to super heroes. I believe one in the US and 2 abroad. Read that somewhere last year.

Maybe. I am not making any predictions. Nobody thought kids would get bored with baseball either. Towns used to have 10 20 30 teams are now lucky to field a team. A lot of things I used to love that doesn't interest me at all now. Just because a kid went to all the marvel movies doesn't mean they will spend 80 grand on a comic book as adult. Maybe a lot will. I can't predict what will happen, just something to ponder.

17 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I do not see it happening people love super heroes they are global thing baseball is not. Yes people play baseball almost everywhere but most do not care for it and especially not like in the USA. Kids some times end up making really good money just like every generation and same with the current generation some do spend 80k and many many many times threw out a single year. By the way baseball cards I mean the key stuff are also doing very well even in this current climate.

Tens of millions of people collected comics in 90s. Cards way more so. Every kid I knew in 70s 80s 90s collected cards, they are again now some. How many kids collect comics now? Hundreds of thousands. So not a level playing field. You get as a adult what you miss or missed out of having as a kid with your adult disposable income.

Anybody who collects cards wants a babe ruth or who ever not ever seeing them play. I didn't have action 1 as a kid but would be interested in one. Problem could be collectors alive. Majority of guys who are between 30 and 100 collected cards. Of course some women but not a majority. Right now people in their 30s to 50s have came back into the hobby and hence price increases. Just like comics but a even larger scale. When we all die off then who replaces us? That I dunno. Maybe kids today will want this stuff still. Kids I know and see don't collect anything or much and certainly not comics and cards. Not many at least, certainly not a majority. I haven't seen comics or cards at every gas station, grocery convenience drug store for 20 some years. Hey you could be right. I just wonder how this new consumer base will come about.

55 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

You will see things will be fine for this hobby trust me I have been in it since the mid 1960's. It's always the same some with doubts and some without doubts in the end things where fine.

If I am still around. Dont see it happening any time soon if it does come back to earth. I never been a gloom and doom person but yes they been around forever. Just now I see a legit possible reason. These movies have been amazing for comic book values. For 10 years a comic worth example $500 then next 6 years it would be $700 avengers hits and bam $1500 and steady increases at faster increments. 

On a  sports card side note. Will the 90s inserts ever come back close to their 90s values? From storage auctions and house clean outs I have a room full of 90s cards. 

11 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Well, we've got this CGC 8.0 graded copy ending in just a bit more than 2 weeks from now on the CC Event auction site:

ama12.772.jpg

Already sitting at $112K and it will be interesting to see if they can beat the $180K HA price point for a CGC 8.0 graded copy or even their own $192K which they were able to get this past December in their Winter Event Auction.  hm  :taptaptap:

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, we've got this CGC 8.0 graded copy ending in just a bit more than 2 weeks from now on the CC Event auction site:

ama12.772.jpg

Already sitting at $112K and it will be interesting to see if they can beat the $180K HA price point for a CGC 8.0 graded copy or even their own $192K which they were able to get this past December in their Winter Event Auction.  hm  :taptaptap:

I love an AF15 with a bright white CCA, price circle, and date box. These seem to be a little tanned. Still a beautiful copy.

I wish the Heritage 8.0 auction had sold for more, but whateves. It will be interesting to see the what the CC 8.0 sells for basically right after the Heritage 8.0 sale.

Perhaps we will see if it sells for less because it goes to the Heritage underbidder or it sells for more because someone doesn't want to "miss out again" and we therefore can put a tested theory into motion. My theory. I will copyright it. 

That is my hope for the matter.

Seems like a foolproof plan. Thoughts?

Edited by NoMan

An AF15 cgc 4.5 just sold on heritage for 66k.  Crazy!  Prices will most likely be looking up hopefully.    https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-45-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7229-96169.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Edited by DT0428
misspelling word

9 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Or stop accepting prices that are to low and just move the book at a price that stabilizes things on an upward tread. Sell using buy it now and get things under control.

yeah at this time, people that are selling their AF15s need to stop auctioning and just set for buy it nows to stabilize prices

15 hours ago, DT0428 said:

given how completely out of the norm this is, i really wonder if it was a result of being signed by stan on page 1. that's all i can think of. the book presents well but has no real chance to be improved either, which can sometimes inflate a final price on a book. for now this is very out of line with recent trends. i would not sell mine if i were you until more data comes in showing that this is normal. i suspect it is not. 

17 hours ago, DT0428 said:

Maybe heritage will never get paid on this book.  Who’s the under bidder? Possible that we have 2 guys up to no good; Underbidder/winner

16 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:
21 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

One thing's for sure, AF 15 will always have strong interest

Luckily because SA are not as rare as GA. I also believe most SA heroes are more in demand than most GA heroes.

Edited 2 minutes ago by Batmanis#1

Yeah, I agree with the above.  Part of the reason is how these same SA heroes have appeared in movies, TV shows, ongoing comic book titles, etc so they have more exposure to the masses.  On the other hand, heroes like Sandman, Spectre, Hourman, Blue Bolt, etc are only known to actual people in the hobby.