• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
5 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Exactly what has happened to Hulk seriously in the last 5-6 years?

Sitting back, waiting to make it's move up.  :wishluck:

If I remember correctly, wasn't Hulk 1 the big SA mover about 5 or 6 years ago, just before the heat got transferred over to AF 15 starting in 2017 or thereabouts?  hm

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't Hulk 1 the big SA mover about 5 or 6 years ago, just before the heat got transferred over to AF 15 starting in 2017 or thereabouts?  hm

I remember it creeping up some during that time.  

14 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

given how completely out of the norm this is, i really wonder if it was a result of being signed by stan on page 1. that's all i can think of. the book presents well but has no real chance to be improved either, which can sometimes inflate a final price on a book. for now this is very out of line with recent trends. i would not sell mine if i were you until more data comes in showing that this is normal. i suspect it is not. 

The FF5 had Kirby signed inside the book and went less than the previous, I think it went $16,800 and last one was $22,000.  But this was the only thing different on this book, and it takes 2 people like the posts are saying. Also Ebay has a couple BIN AF15 5.0s at $41,000 and a 4.5 at $36,000 so makes no sense except the signature.  

It's frikkin' AF15,  It's the most important book of the SA, bar none.  It's one of the Top 5 most important comic books.  If it was 12-15 years older, it'd be #3 easy (I actually think it's #3, but I understand if people want to argue.  If there's a little dip now, it's not worth worrying about.  If you can hold it for 5 years, you should be in good shape.  It will bounce back.  It's effing Spider-Man.  

Just now, chrisco37 said:

It's frikkin' AF15,  It's the most important book of the SA, bar none.  It's one of the Top 5 most important comic books.  If it was 12-15 years older, it'd be #3 easy (I actually think it's #3, but I understand if people want to argue.  If there's a little dip now, it's not worth worrying about.  If you can hold it for 5 years, you should be in good shape.  It will bounce back.  It's effing Spider-Man.  

Curious, what else would be in the running for #3?  Marvel Comics #1?  Cap #1?  Showcase #4?

23 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

You rock! :banana:

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Curious, what else would be in the running for #3?  Marvel Comics #1?  Cap #1?  Showcase #4?

Marvel Comics 1 is my holy grail.  It’s never going to happen.

12 hours ago, tommyjasmin said:

Hi Alex - pretty sure all three were Heritage.  There was a Signature auction ending that day.  You can click through to the source of each sale below the ticker charts on the site.  www.alexgross.com

thanks. if all three are from the same source, given the outrageousness of at least one price in that sale (66k for a 35-40k book) i'd wait for data from other sources before drawing any conclusions. there are also numerous allegations of heritage playing games with final sale prices around the collector community. i hope the prices do go up as an owner of af15. but this is not enough data to draw any conclusions, imho.

15 minutes ago, chromium said:

After downsizing somewhat the last few years, these are the ones I decided to keep.

You don’t see a lot of old label AF15s around any more, but I never wanted the headache of having to send it to the US to get cleaned/pressed/reslabbed and importing it back to me in Belgium. 
I think it was graded the first year I was on the boards, so that must have been in 2002. 

FF8471DA-4F33-4384-8493-71A34D4750F1.thumb.jpeg.62a45132bc3a2fa4eaefd6c68e957bf2.jpeg

An amazing pair of funny books!   :applause:

12 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I’m finally in the club! Is it open bar in here??? 
seriously .. very happy to have finally gotten one of these.  Wasn’t sure it would happen for price constraints .. but after looking at a million very low grade copies pulled the trigger on the much nicer looking pence/plod...

05849116-AD61-4F5A-AA06-40009B414023.jpeg

I'm sorry, you're in the wrong club.  Pence copies don't count.:baiting:

Seriously though, that's a sweet copy.  Nice centering.  It's so rare to see the entire left side.  Probably too much CT for CT removal unfortunately.

Edited by gadzukes