• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I've honestly never heard anyone put forth her first appearance as a top-3 book.  Not sure where that one sits on the leaderboard but I'm sure Gal Godot has brought it up a few spots.

Maybe because she's not on the cover. I rarely see her first app on Dealer Wanted ads... it's always comics like AC 1, Tec 27, AF 15, Hulk 181.. comics that show the character on the cover so the general public will know what they're after

58 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Maybe because she's not on the cover. I rarely see her first app on Dealer Wanted ads... it's always comics like AC 1, Tec 27, AF 15, Hulk 181.. comics that show the character on the cover so the general public will know what they're after

Strange Tales #110 and Iron Man #55 (neither of which is remotely in the same league as the books you've mentioned, nor in the same league as each other) have a similar problem.

EDIT:  Let me restate that -- ST 110 is in a higher tier (value-wise if not demand-wise) than Hulk 181.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 6/3/2020 at 6:21 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I've honestly never heard anyone put forth her first appearance as a top-3 book.  Not sure where that one sits on the leaderboard but I'm sure Gal Godot has brought it up a few spots.

My number 3 is Marvel 1 or Cap 1. Cap 1 gets the nod for popularity. MC 1 gets the nod for rarity 

So I was advised two ways of pursuing the AF 15

1. Continue to buy blue chip books ie. ASM 2,3,13,14,101,129

IH 181

And trade for AF 15

2. Save up my money for 3 yrs and buy it outright

What do you think the best route is?

Imo first route would be hard because I would have to let go of a bulk of my collection to fund the trade

Second route, God forbid if anything happened in the 3 yrs we would have liquid funds to cover it and if nothing did then in 3 yrs we would have the money to get the book. Also the problem with this route is I won't be able to collect any books in that span

8 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

IH 181

And trade for AF 15

Imo first route would be hard because I would have to let go of a bulk of my collection to fund the trade

Second route, God forbid if anything happened in the 3 yrs we would have liquid funds to cover it and if nothing did then in 3 yrs we would have the money to get the book. Also the problem with this route is I won't be able to collect any books in that span

I'm kind of in a similar situation. 

I really want an AF15 because I believe it will continue to get further and further out of reach.  But man, that's a big financial commitment. 

I thought about possibly selling big books to fund the purchase and then slowly replacing those,  but it's hard to justify giving up books that you cherish.  

Of your two options,  #1 is more fun. Your buying and selling and enjoying the hobby. #2 is probably more practicle and cheaper in the long run. 

GL and let me know what you decide to do. 

12 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I'm kind of in a similar situation. 

I really want an AF15 because I believe it will continue to get further and further out of reach.  But man, that's a big financial commitment. 

I thought about possibly selling big books to fund the purchase and then slowly replacing those,  but it's hard to justify giving up books that you cherish.  

Of your two options,  #1 is more fun. Your buying and selling and enjoying the hobby. #2 is probably more practicle and cheaper in the long run. 

GL and let me know what you decide to do. 

I love stuff like this on the Boards. To see guys excited about buying and making a plan. :golfclap:

On 6/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

IH 181

And trade for AF 15

Or you could do a time payment option?

Now granted a 3 year term won't happen but I bet you could find an 18 month,  Depending on when you buy you might get lucky and when you are done with your terms it will have appreciated significantly .

This would be the best option in my mind , then your money us actually going towards the book , removing any temptation to spend it on something else.

If something tragic happened you would be out your deposit but a good dealer would refund the payments made.

Just a thought anyway , best of luck!

3 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

Now granted a 3 year term won't happen but I bet you could find an 18 month,  Depending on when you buy you might get lucky and when you are done with your terms it will have appreciated significantly .

This would be the best option in my mind , then your money us actually going towards the book , removing any temptation to spend it on something else.

If something tragic happened you would be out your deposit but a good dealer would refund the payments made.

That is a good idea

We were gonna put about $1400 CDN away per month over the next 36 months and try and get a 4.0-5.0 I could save for 18 months and then do the 18 month payment thing after that.

I have a couple people who have the book in those grades so:wishluck:

2 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

Gonna be tough finding a seller who will be fine with an 18 month monthly payment plan especially on mega key books where the price of purchase is locked in at that price.  Chances are a book like AF #15 has a greater probability of moving upwards in value rather than downwards, so would be somewhat of a loss for the seller.  If the time payments were cut down to a max of 6 months which is more doable, then I can see it happening.  

22 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Gonna be tough finding a seller who will be fine with an 18 month monthly payment plan especially on mega key books where the price of purchase is locked in at that price.  Chances are a book like AF #15 has a greater probability of moving upwards in value rather than downwards, so would be somewhat of a loss for the seller.  If the time payments were cut down to a max of 6 months which is more doable, then I can see it happening.  

This is true, 18 is unlikely but not impossible. 6,8,12 more likely. Just depends on the terms I guess. I have seen some sellers extending 24 months however. Or alternatively he could just get a lower interest loan that extends even further. There is always a way to make it happen, and I hope he finds it .

Edited by UncleBEN

On 6/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, UncleBEN said:

This is true, 18 is unlikely but not impossible. 6,8,12 more likely. Just depends on the terms I guess. I have seen some sellers extending 24 months however. Or alternatively he could just get a lower interest loan that extends even further. There is always a way to make it happen, and I hope he finds it .

That's what I need... a Hulk 1 on a 6 month payment plan.