• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, gadzukes said:

You're right.  I like performing rescue missions myself, but seeing the full ashtray and the feet..... I wonder if it kept some bidders away?  

You're selling something for $5000.... how about taking a couple extra minutes to make the photos look good?  Maybe unfold the folded over areas of the cover?

And something is going on with the big toenails. Could be smoker nails (shrug)

Edited by peewee22

11 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So I know there was a couple of years where CGC books were questionable (so I've heard) 2016. Would it be recommended to buy a book from that era?

Why were they questionable? Easier grading standards?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a graded book from 2016. But as the saying goes,  buy the book,  not the grade. 

Graders can have bad days. Standards change and when spending 5 figures on a book,  you should really make sure you can identify flaws and buy the right book at the right price.  

To me, that seems like a lot of marvel chipping for a 6.0  Collectors are taking notice of the amount of marvel chipping compared to the given grade, more so now than in the past.  This is being reflected in the hammer price.  

12 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I wanted to say "At least the spine looks great" but then I zoomed in and saw a color breaking crease that goes up almost the entire spine.  I'm sorry, but when you add the MC, that might be the worst 6.0 I've ever seen.

My 4.0 almost looks better.

P1100419.JPG

Beautiful 4.0! 

I agree, the 6.0 leaves a bit too be desired. I'm not totally surprised by the price. 

21 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I wanted to say "At least the spine looks great" but then I zoomed in and saw a color breaking crease that goes up almost the entire spine.  I'm sorry, but when you add the MC, that might be the worst 6.0 I've ever seen.

My 4.0 almost looks better.

P1100419.JPG

Thats a nice looking 4.0.  That 6.0 on heritage has alot more chipping than my 3.5.  I dont know, I feel a 6.0 shouldn't have any chipping1913358833_AF15new.thumb.jpg.291e63089499d340c4bd19d025b5d624.jpg

27 minutes ago, DT0428 said:

Thats a nice looking 4.0.  That 6.0 on heritage has alot more chipping than my 3.5.  I dont know, I feel a 6.0 shouldn't have any chipping1913358833_AF15new.thumb.jpg.291e63089499d340c4bd19d025b5d624.jpg

You have to wear gloves to handle your slabbed comics? :whatthe:

I've been doing it wrong all these years.