• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, KCOComics said:

That's is an absolutely beautiful 5.0.  

Back cover stains? Rusty staples?  Interior issues? 

No rusty staples (very clean), no interior issues. Has some foxing on the back cover and a small tear near the staples on the back cover, which isn’t mentioned in the notes. Will post back cover a bit later. Still hard to rationalize a 5.0 (and hard to tell how CGC will respond to foxing)...but I adore the book, regardless the grade. Here are the notes:

01B0BF5E-C4BB-496D-B021-7B045010CA3E.jpeg

17 minutes ago, BarristerBaker said:

No rusty staples (very clean), no interior issues. Has some foxing on the back cover and a small tear near the staples on the back cover, which isn’t mentioned in the notes. Will post back cover a bit later. Still hard to rationalize a 5.0 (and hard to tell how CGC will respond to foxing)...but I adore the book, regardless the grade. Here are the notes:

01B0BF5E-C4BB-496D-B021-7B045010CA3E.jpeg

Well, I'm a big fan of the saying "buy the comic, not the grade".  Regardless of the grade, that comic is beautiful and I'm glad your thrilled with it. 

Edited by KCOComics

10 hours ago, KCOComics said:

That's is an absolutely beautiful 5.0.  

Back cover stains? Rusty staples?  Interior issues? 

The book looks great! From what I can tell, the grade was dinged due to the two small pieces/chips missing from the bottom edge and BRC.  Can't really see the creasing mentioned in the notes. 

Congratulations to BB!

It appears that a 3.0 AF #15 sells for around $16K or so from what I see online. I personally think that this comic will only keep going up in value every year, much like Action #1. Any speculation on where this comic (a 3.0, for example) might be, price-wise, in, say, five years? $20K? More? Less?

Its honestly depressing to see how this book has performed over the last year.  I keep tabs on this book and last night HA sold a really nice CGC 4.5 cr/ow with no chipping for 27k+ which is not positive.  It makes no sense to me why this book is selling so "cheap" compared to the other keys - TOS #39, JIM #83, etc.  Compared to other assets, this book should have exploded and yet its been stable/barely moved.

2 hours ago, dem1138 said:

Its honestly depressing to see how this book has performed over the last year.  I keep tabs on this book and last night HA sold a really nice CGC 4.5 cr/ow with no chipping for 27k+ which is not positive.  It makes no sense to me why this book is selling so "cheap" compared to the other keys - TOS #39, JIM #83, etc.  Compared to other assets, this book should have exploded and yet its been stable/barely moved.

Ever thought that maybe collectors are being more frugal in their buys (money)? Lots of uncertainty going on nowadays. hm

14 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Ever thought that maybe collectors are being more frugal in their buys (money)? Lots of uncertainty going on nowadays. hm

I think the slow down started before Covid. 

I think the book was so hot for so long it was due to level off. 

It's a book that won't stay down long..... but I'm crossing my fingers it will stay down for about 12 - 18 months so I can finally join this club!! 

3 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Absolutely.  I try to weigh a lot of factors before coming to a conclusion.  Its also why I compared how stagnant the book is compared to the other Marvel Keys which have done quite well.  Have you been following Original Art, Magic or Pokemon cards or how about Basketball cards?  Other collectible assets have done ridiculously well over the last few months.

11 hours ago, dem1138 said:

Absolutely.  I try to weigh a lot of factors before coming to a conclusion.  Its also why I compared how stagnant the book is compared to the other Marvel Keys which have done quite well.  Have you been following Original Art, Magic or Pokemon cards or how about Basketball cards?  Other collectible assets have done ridiculously well over the last few months.

AF15 has highs and lows like any collectible. Long term this book has done extremely well. It will bounce back. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, DT0428 said:

thls is why gpa numbers need to be taken with a big grain of salt. two 3.5 copies can be as different as night and day, as this faded copy proves. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:13 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

thls is why gpa numbers need to be taken with a big grain of salt. two 3.5 copies can be as different as night and day, as this faded copy proves. 

Completely agree. Buy the book not the grade as most say