• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

But then again look at this I am glad my collection all reside in older type CGC holders. I will never ever buy a new generation holder. I mean what is this moisture being squeezed out of the paper.

692105677_ghostrider.jpg.dffed64202ae27f

Wow, I was merely doing it for the Spidey city label but not worth potentially having damaged and CGC not covering insurance.  My regular insurance through collect insure also does not cover if CGC is reholdering.  Not worth the risk for an AF15 lol

Hi everyone,

Pretty new to the CGC hobby and this is my ultimate holy grail book. Finally got it recently! I really want to get it in a new CGC holder, a few questions:

1) Should I submit it for pressing and a regrade? Do you guys think this is a candidate for a higher grade? Please take a look!

2) If it's not a regrade candidate, should I simply get it in a new holder? 

Thanks guys!

lf.jpeg

Edited by twoseezy

1 hour ago, Batmanis#1 said:

It's so tightly sealed with these new holders when they open them who knows what can happen. Could potentially just pull off a large art of a signature. If I cannot find a book in the holder type holders I simply don't buy it till one becomes available. I could not stand my TTA27 looking like this. Looks like all the moisture being squeezed out of the paper no thanks.

I don't think Newton rings have anything to do with "moisture."

1 hour ago, Batmanis#1 said:

My guess it's because of the newer holders in the last few years. Older holders don't squeeze the books like the new ones. My guess the newer holders that had all those ''oil'' looking rings/marks are the worst of the worst. I would be happy owning one of those. I purchased a TTA27 in such a holder sold it back right away could not stand it. The newer ones after that I would not worry about.

WTF?  Meaning that contract 

Edited by NoMan

2 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I have no idea if they started that due to the newer holders. Just my opinion and gut felling. I could be wrong.

God I have a big book that was holderd in 2016 I think. It resides in a safe deposit box and I trip if its getting that holder crushed thing going on. It’s signed by SL on page 16 or whatever and I’d like to get a new label that says SL written on page 16. I’d have to fly to Florida. I ain’t mailing that thing

12 hours ago, NoMan said:

yeah, do more research on Newton Rings. I know what that are and what causes them. It's a visual blight and nothing else.

Comics are a visual product, therefore a visual blight really is a problem. Unless you're only buying them as shares.

Edited by kustomizer

21 hours ago, twoseezy said:

Hi everyone,

Pretty new to the CGC hobby and this is my ultimate holy grail book. Finally got it recently! I really want to get it in a new CGC holder, a few questions:

1) Should I submit it for pressing and a regrade? Do you guys think this is a candidate for a higher grade? Please take a look!

2) If it's not a regrade candidate, should I simply get it in a new holder? 

Thanks guys!

lf.jpeg

Your best bet is to post front and back pics in the hey buddy, can you spare a grade forum.  Nice book!  

On 9/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

My guess it's because of the newer holders in the last few years. Older holders don't squeeze the books like the new ones. My guess the newer holders that had all those ''oil'' looking rings/marks are the worst of the worst. I would be happy owning one of those. I purchased a TTA27 in such a holder sold it back right away could not stand it. The newer ones after that I would not worry about.

I think this waiver is not right as a comicbook should be able to be removed from its holder without any damage or color lift or whatever, especially if it being removed by the company that certified it.  I have several books that I want reholdered, mostly the 2nd generation holder.  Is that holder safe for removal?  I have had a few books reholdered in the past with no issues.

58 minutes ago, jeffreyk said:

I think this waiver is not right as a comicbook should be able to be removed from its holder without any damage or color lift or whatever, especially if it being removed by the company that certified it.  I have several books that I want reholdered, mostly the 2nd generation holder.  Is that holder safe for removal?  I have had a few books reholdered in the past with no issues.

Agreed.  The more I think about it, the more this waiver represents an admission that their product is not designed to avoid damaging the book.  It seems insane for them to let their customers come to that conclusion.

8 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Agreed.  The more I think about it, the more this waiver represents an admission that their product is not designed to avoid damaging the book.  It seems insane for them to let their customers come to that conclusion.

Yep..that was what I thought when I read it.  The only reason I want to reholder some of my 2nd generation slabs is due to some of them have a minor crack.  But now there is a risk of a lower grade?  I have had books reholdered in the past and they were all fine so this seems kinda strange.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Bump thread until AF15 becomes a million dollar book! Come on, Mamma needs a new pair of shoes!

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/spider-man-comic-amazing-fantasy-15-sells-record-1-1-million-article-1.112875

On 9/17/2020 at 12:54 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

For me I would not take the risk of shipping anything over $2500 I could not take the loss if the item was lost or stolen on the way there or on the way back to me. Just not worth it.

Buy insurance , CIS covers all this.

CBCS makes a better holder now period and they have no such disclaimer , makes me think about making the switch 

Edited by UncleBEN

7 hours ago, DT0428 said:

I have CIS and they do not cover insurance if CGC is reholdering. I asked. They only cover shipping phase with signature. That’s what’s keeping me from changing my AF15 second generation holder

Of course they don't , I don't know any insurance that covers damage by another party . Just like they wouldn't cover damage you caused . Say you dropped a slab or tore a page while reading , etc .... perhaps I miss read the posters thread but he was concerned about shipping loss .