• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

I sent my restored Action 1 and Tec 27 for reholdering (in new holders) - I just claimed insanity and held my breath for the couple weeks it took to go from Canada to Florida and back by Fedex - thank God it all worked out, but I was so stupid to risk it 

Hey I just risked my AF15 for a new holder. It's all worth it (after it comes back).

50 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Hey I just risked my AF15 for a new holder. It's all worth it (after it comes back).

funny -- I did those two big ones but I haven't done any of my AF15's ...... I think I will now, I'm clearly a big risk taker

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

If the new grading standard was applied, doesnt that imply regrading, i.e. A reassesment of the resto quality?

Well, yes .. it wasn't all that risk just for a new holder. I was sure my 6.5 ext. P A1 would probably get a more favourable grade with the new(er) restored grading scale.  And indeed I got an A-4   (better than an A-5)  :banana: 

38 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Well, yes .. it wasn't all that risk just for a new holder. I was sure my 6.5 ext. P A1 would probably get a more favourable grade with the new(er) restored grading scale.  And indeed I got an A-4   (better than an A-5)  :banana: 

Thanks for the answer.

Congrats on these Phenomenal books fishbone!!

On 9/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

the presence or lack thereof of marvel chipping and other unsightly defects seems to be more important to the value of this book than page quality, white pages notwithstanding. 

Creases, especially in the darker or logo areas of the cover, can have more visual impact than other defects.  Location, location.  As with anything else, it also depends on how bad the creases are.  Not all are created equal.   Page quality appears to be mattering a bit more nowadays, more of a phenomenon in the highest grades.   

Edited by Pantodude

5 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

An Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.0 OW/W is being auctioned off tonight at HA:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-60-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7236-92218.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Along with a 5.5 and 5.0.  Seems like blue 6.0s rarely come up for sale, compared to other grades.   Anyway, the bidding is looking solid so far, with likely a bit more to go, for this nice-presenting book for the grade. 

Outside the slight miswrap, presents very well.

4 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

If you look carefully there seems to be pre chipping on the CGC 6.0 there is a long line. To the right where it says MC then goes down to the top of the building.

I see the vertical crease you're referring to, but that is far too distant from the right edge to be called pre-chipping.

2 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

They are scarcer in 6.0 and higher just like many other book have a certain grade that separates most graded versus a mush smaller supply.

I remember @Ricksneatstuff Did an analysis and, at the time, a 5.5 copy or better would put it in the top 20% of graded copies.