• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, NoMan said:

That 9.0 on CL at auction now, how much does the Curator Pedigree affect (effect?) the price? (If such a question can be answered) $470,000 with 7 days to go seems pretty steep. But what do I know....?

What book has the first appearance of the Curator? lol

1 minute ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Yes, I updated as recently as 3 minutes before the end. It is taken off now as it is no longer live. It is weird that the price didn't update for me. Maybe they knew I was not a chance to bid!

I had a sniper bid on another book that did not update, I showed as winner at 1 second on my screen but bids showed I lost by two bids so it seems there was a lag tonight. 

5 minutes ago, PKJ said:

I had a sniper bid on another book that did not update, I showed as winner at 1 second on my screen but bids showed I lost by two bids so it seems there was a lag tonight. 

You would think with all that money at stake, they would have better auction management software.

Just now, Albert Thurgood said:

You would think with all that money at stake, they would have better auction management software.

To be fair I showed the Curator copy at 510 right before it ended but looking at the bid history something certainly is happening. I was trying to get that  9.0 Albedo 2 and thought I hit the bid late enough to land it but somehow there was two bids after me, Here is the bid history on the Curator AF15 and the Albedo I was in on below it.

2/23/2021 8:34:53 PM ET  $566,000
2/23/2021 8:34:53 PM ET  $536,000
2/23/2021 8:34:19 PM ET  $490,000
2/23/2021 8:30:55 PM ET 

$510,000

Albedo Bids Three bids at 14 second mark.

2/23/2021 8:22:14 PM ET  $7,100
2/23/2021 8:22:14 PM ET  $7,022
2/23/2021 8:22:14 PM ET  $6,612

Commiserations!

That has happened to me, too. It was with a different auction house and with a book that I needed but is not of much interest to anyone else. I got sniped with literally 2 seconds to go. I wonder if it was a real snipe or a safeguard that a book does not sell for too low a price. 

the finish of both the 5.5 ss Lee @ $61,500 and the 4.0 @ $29,750 seems to indicate a rebound in prices for our beloved Af 15(about time)...... gpa of the 4.0 was $22,800 from sept/20 and this one was cr/ow with mc.

46 minutes ago, jjfversion1 said:

That's a really strong price for a 4.0 with MC.

22 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

the finish of both the 5.5 ss Lee @ $61,500 and the 4.0 @ $29,750 seems to indicate a rebound in prices for our beloved Af 15(about time)...... gpa of the 4.0 was $22,800 from sept/20 and this one was cr/ow with mc.

I'll believe it when I see it.  The market is bonkers right now, and that 9.0 just shattered the roof, but I haven't yet seen any evidence that mid-grade copies like my 5.0 have seen any movement.  I bought mine to hold, so I'm not upset about it or anything, but I would like to see at least some modest appreciation.

im in the exact same boat as you ( the proud owner of a 5.0 that I decided to purchase amidst the hype of 2017) that I have no intent of selling. The comic link close tonite of the 4.0 was up 30% from last gpa in sept/20, so I would say that is nothing but good news for us 5.0 guys. ( also as mentioned the 5.5 ss Lee went for a wild 61.5k) Those data points give some indication that the book is on the upswing in all grades ( I hope)

14 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  The market is bonkers right now, and that 9.0 just shattered the roof, but I haven't yet seen any evidence that mid-grade copies like my 5.0 have seen any movement.  I bought mine to hold, so I'm not upset about it or anything, but I would like to see at least some modest appreciation.

3 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

im in the exact same boat as you ( the proud owner of a 5.0 that I decided to purchase amidst the hype of 2017) that I have no intent of selling. The comic link close tonite of the 4.0 was up 30% from last gpa in sept/20, so I would say that is nothing but good news for us 5.0 guys. ( also as mentioned the 5.5 ss Lee went for a wild 61.5k) Those data points give some indication that the book is on the upswing in all grades ( I hope)

Good to hear.  I know I've said this before so I apologize for repeating myself.  But I bought my AF 15 5.0 and my X-Men #1 9.0 around the same time, for around the same money.  I think you know which one has been the better investment.

8 minutes ago, jeffreyk said:

There were sales of two cgc 4.5s in January for 38,400 and then 32,500.  Based on this, I believe a 5.0 should be close to 40k right now.  I also own a 5.0!

Yes, so that would make it more or less stagnant as compared to 2017.  Definitely not in line with the crazy upward surges so many other books are experiencing right now.