• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2021 at 7:17 AM, jeffreyk said:

An Amazing Fantasy 15 in CGC 4.0 just sold for $35,850 on Hakes auctions!  Another really strong sale.

Hake's - AMAZING FANTASY #15 AUGUST 1962 CGC 4.0 VG (FIRST SPIDER-MAN).

Yeah I got outbid on it.  :frown:

my copy has marvel chipping but for price I750347592_AF15frontnew1.jpg.6d948536d118cd5b3f48aca41ad63c1b.jpg got for last year its still alot higher in cost now

49 minutes ago, DT0428 said:

Yeah I got outbid on it.  :frown:

my copy has marvel chipping but for price I750347592_AF15frontnew1.jpg.6d948536d118cd5b3f48aca41ad63c1b.jpg got for last year its still alot higher in cost now

Nice book!  Actually not too much MC, just that piece out of top right corner.  Good spine area, well-centered, colors seem bright.  

Edited by Pantodude

11 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

where are all the af15 sales now that blow gpa out of the water???

Yes, seems like the number of AF15 available in any grade is significantly fewer than in prior months/years, particularly 6.0 and above.  With all the exuberance in the market recently, sellers might be holding out for more clarity on current values.   Makes cents to wait for sufficient recent sales data in the grade to be sold.  The spike in the other and often much more numerous SA and BA keys suggest that mid-grade AF15s could fetch a significant premium over end of last year.  If AF15 is now relatively undervalued despite its lofty valuation, who really wants to be the first to sell that AF15 6.0 at auction?   It could fetch a lot more later this year after the dust settles and new lows are established across the board.    

Edited by Pantodude

32 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Prices seem to be falling for this book

There's a Spiderman movie scheduled to be released near year-end.  Give it some time, you'll probable see interest heat up on AF 15 after mid-year.  All the attention lately seems to be on some keys of X-Men and Daredevil in particular, aside from the usual movie and TV show speculations (which has seen mkt prices multiply x4 and higher, practically overnight).  Although some top graded squarebounds have been on fire very recently.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:02 PM, NoMan said:

That 9.0 on CL at auction now, how much does the Curator Pedigree affect (effect?) the price? (If such a question can be answered) $470,000 with 7 days to go seems pretty steep. But what do I know....?

59 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Prices seem to be falling for this book

Which is it?

I don't think prices are falling, I also don't think it is on the trajectory of X1 or DD1 in % gains, but it commands a hefty entry price so once the others catch up I think the gains are going to be about the same.

Looks like to me the 1.0 to 5.0  are all trading higher than they were. CL auctions seem to be strong this past week and some IG sales I have seen suggest the books still moves quickly at certain prices.

28 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

I hope we're not buying this book due to movie hype and dollars. Although those are nice ancillary benefits, I would hope we're buying AF15 because we love the book and character. 2c:x

Very true. Mine would only leave for a nicer copy.

1 hour ago, DT0428 said:

Strong sale for a 3.5 on Heritage. Glad to see this book picking back up

F77E2780-47C5-4249-A631-D88B0450D6AE.png

I'm not glad lol. 

I've got a .5 incomplete, but was hoping to add a low grade complete in the next year or two. That's moving out of reach quick.