• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Or will everybody be freed from their home prison after the bulk of the population gets vaccinated and finally be able to go out and about spending their money on restaurants, bars, travel, and the like?  hm  (shrug)

I started back  traveling for work about 2 months ago, I will say in 8 weeks the airports have went from ghost towns to pre covid levels so I think in certain parts of the country that is already happening. TSA throughput has been tracking close to 65% of 2019 numbers ( I could possibly own airline stocks so I may watch that closer than I should). For example, 4-7-2021 had 1.2m Travelers against 94K for 2020 same day. If this vertex is going to happen it is fairly close already.

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Or will everybody be freed from their home prison after the bulk of the population gets vaccinated and finally be able to go out and about spending their money on restaurants, bars, travel, and the like?  hm  (shrug)

i'm curious to know if it can be both, or if you're right that the end of the pandemic shut-in will mean less spending on collectibles. personally, i know many collectors who'd love to travel to a con to spend lots of money in person, once it's safe and everyone's vaccinated. 

and if much of this new money entering the market came from bitcoin guys who turned a few $500 bitcoin buys many years ago in 250k now, then i'm not sure travel will drain their budgets for acquiring collectibles too. time will tell...

4 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

A 1.0 was recently posted on Instagram with an asking price of $17,999.

Well, all I can say is, congratulations on getting your copy when you did. 

I know it was no small effort and you got an absolutely beautiful copy!  What was a fair price just a few months ago, now looks like an absolute steal! 

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Well, all I can say is, congratulations on getting your copy when you did. 

I know it was no small effort and you got an absolutely beautiful copy!  What was a fair price just a few months ago, now looks like an absolute steal! 

You're telling me!

On 11/30/2020 at 4:30 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Anyone looking for a 9.8?  (Purple label, of course.)

ama12.805_2.jpg

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900065

And no, it's not mine.

I was just browsing this topic and found this discussion. FWIW, I sent a scan of that book to Matt Nelson and he said it was an honest book and not one that would bother him. At any rate, it’s a beautiful book, if it were unrestored it’s probably at least a couple of million dollars in this market.
Personally, I think that the market probably punishes restored books too much. Restoration is accepted in all antique furniture and rugs, even cars and paintings. If I had to guess, it’s CGC’s work. IMHO, the day will probably come when such books trade for 20-25% of unrestored ones of the same grade. There are just so many new collectors and so few high-grade keys that the law of supply and demand will drive them up. But what do I know LOL. It is an interesting subject for sure. 

Edited by wallstreetrebel

22 hours ago, wallstreetrebel said:

I was just browsing this topic and found this discussion. FWIW, I sent a scan of that book to Matt Nelson and he said it was an honest book and not one that would bother him. At any rate, it’s a beautiful book, if it were unrestored it’s probably at least a couple of million dollars in this market.
Personally, I think that the market probably punishes restored books too much. Restoration is accepted in all antique furniture and rugs, even cars and paintings. If I had to guess, it’s CGC’s work. IMHO, the day will probably come when such books trade for 20-25% of unrestored ones of the same grade. There are just so many new collectors and so few high-grade keys that the law of supply and demand will drive them up. But what do I know LOL. It is an interesting subject for sure. 

Couple of million? 

Pretty sure this is the same book that was a 9.6 , slight color touch that Hammer snagged cheap before the market went bananas.

And yes it is a stunner, that we can agree on 

40 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

It's more than the what the last one went for and wasn't surprised that it did since this one looked better of the 2. Just keeps climbing.  Low grade copies are getting into low grade pre Robin Detective

territory 

On 4/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, exitmusicblue said:

A 1.0 with a detached cover for 14k... got my 2.0 Stan Lee SS for 10.5 back in the day.  Wahoo !

I bought my 2.0 for $3250! I remember exactly because if you google an AF 15 in overstreet at 2.0, the year i bought mine will have the price at $3250. I should do that so i know what year i bought it in lol  anyone collect older overstreets?

Edited by cujobyte

21 minutes ago, cujobyte said:

I bought my 2.0 for $3250! I remember exactly because if you google an AF 15 in overstreet at 2.0, the year i bought mine will have the price at $3250. I should do that so i know what year i bought it in lol  anyone collect older overstreets?

One of my OA colleagues got a raw for less than a buck back in the day... no words... 😊

Edited by exitmusicblue

1 hour ago, cujobyte said:

First, you have certainly seen a incredible return on your investment.

As for Overstreet Guides, I am trying to sell the 42nd Edition (2012 - 2013) on Ebay. There have been 86 views, but no buyers. At some point, I am just going to have to give it away.