• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Holy crappola, AF15 on the move along with the rest of the market...

I decided 2 months ago after a long period where I stopped collecting to get back and try to complete my ASM run including AF15. During the last 8 weeks since I started looking the prices on some key books are up over 50%. Guess I was a few months too late. Now I have to decide whether to buy into this price cycle or wait to see if it drops back some.

2 minutes ago, Instigator said:

I decided 2 months ago after a long period where I stopped collecting to get back and try to complete my ASM run including AF15. During the last 8 weeks since I started looking the prices on some key books are up over 50%. Guess I was a few months too late. Now I have to decide whether to buy into this price cycle or wait to see if it drops back some.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a clear answer there. Prices have been crazy! 

8 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Holy crappola, AF15 on the move along with the rest of the market...

for sure, although i have to say this is one on CL was one of the best presenting 4.0 copies i have ever seen with zero chipping (not so for the heritage copy). hammer was 44.5k. around 10-12k higher than market rate has been until this month. 

af15-4.0-44k.jpg

2 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

for sure, although i have to say this is one on CL was one of the best presenting 4.0 copies i have ever seen with zero chipping (not so for the heritage copy). hammer was 44.5k. around 10-12k higher than market rate has been until this month. 

af15-4.0-44k.jpg

Exceptional eye appeal

3 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

af15-4.0-44k.jpg

Thumbs up, and I was looking at this CGC 1.0 auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274714934518

13k, hot damn.  Better with tax.

20 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

AF15 CGC 1.0 at 10k with 3 days left on CL.

And it has a date stamp around the time the book hit the newsstands!  Whatever your means, not every day you find a key in a desired grade, let alone with a neat date stamp (assuming you like them, and I do, a lot).  

Edited by Pantodude

14 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

And it has a date stamp around the time the book hit the newsstands!  Whatever your means, not every day you find a key in a desired grade, let alone with a neat date stamp (assuming you like them, and I do, a lot).  

me too

426.jpg

On 4/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, Bludriver said:

a graded 1.0 sold for almost $13,000 a few weeks ago on ebay so if 10K is the highest it goes it would be about what t sold for back in January. Its been around the 9K mark for the past 3 years.

Up to 10,750.  And unlike the ebay 1.0 for 13k (no qualifiers), this one has a detached cover.

11 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Up to 10,750.  And unlike the ebay 1.0 for 13k (no qualifiers), this one has a detached cover.

Giving how well books are doing on CL right now, I suspect it breaks 13K as well. 

3 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I think by sometime this summer we will see 1.0 reaching 20k. I mean why not it's the #1 SA book and my opinion a top 2 book of all-time with TEC27.

Or will everybody be freed from their home prison after the bulk of the population gets vaccinated and finally be able to go out and about spending their money on restaurants, bars, travel, and the like?  hm  (shrug)