• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, fishbone said:

I'm trying to guess what my 5.0 might go for in today's insanity, and although no recent 5.0 sales that I know of (and recent these days is like a few days ago!), extrapolating from 2.5 sales, 4.0 sales and 6.0 sales, it looks like a possible $70-75K book - ??!!! Is that even possible ??!!!!

My mind just keeps exploding daily

I was thinking $10K-15K a point but as it gets to the higher grades, that rule of thumb doesn't seem to apply. Also, there's a premium for non marvel chipping issues, but I don't know how to quantify that. 

6 minutes ago, drmanhattanite said:

A 2.5 sold on Heritage sunday for 28800!

Doesn't Heritage charge a buyer's premium too? If so, that would have to factored into the price. 

21 minutes ago, Lpgk said:

I was thinking $10K-15K a point but as it gets to the higher grades, that rule of thumb doesn't seem to apply. Also, there's a premium for non marvel chipping issues, but I don't know how to quantify that. 

that's what I was thinking as well ...... and yes, the marvel chipping seems to be a big factor these days with these grail SA books , I agree 

1 minute ago, fishbone said:

that's what I was thinking as well ...... and yes, the marvel chipping seems to be a big factor these days with these grail SA books , I agree 

It's funny but I see a lot more AF15 with chipping come up for sale than the other big keys (FF, Hulk, JIM, TOS39, etc). Not sure if it's that people only want to let the substandard copies go, or if it is a lot more prevalent with that issue. 

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

It's definitely on my bucket list !! I think this is way under most peoples' radar, that it is so easy to just go in and look at this piece of GRAIL history !

Be sure not to take it with you when you leave. 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:44 PM, Lpgk said:

It's funny but I see a lot more AF15 with chipping come up for sale than the other big keys (FF, Hulk, JIM, TOS39, etc). Not sure if it's that people only want to let the substandard copies go, or if it is a lot more prevalent with that issue. 

ff1 and asm1 both often have tons of chipping too. hulk 1 seems to get a fair amount. jim83, tos39 and xmen1 seem to have way less chipping. since those that tend to chip most seem to be the ones made in the first year or so of superhero marvel books, (1962ish)  i'd guess that marvel improved the cover stock for their books around 1963 or 1964 and going forward. i bet some boardies have good info on this. 

12 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

ff1 and asm1 both often have tons of chipping too. hulk 1 seems to get a fair amount. jim83, tos39 and xmen1 seem to have way less chipping. since those that tend to chip most seem to be the ones made in the first year or so of superhero marvel books, (1962ish)  i'd guess that marvel improved the cover stock for their books around 1963 or 1964 and going forward. i bet some boardies have good info on this. 

FF#!, AF#15 and ASM#1 - you definitely see lots with MC , others not so much

1 minute ago, DocHoppus182 said:

@ADAMANTIUM @Wolverinex 

Sacrifices were made.  I have no regrets.  I figured it was now or never for me on this book.  Detached cover, yes.  Chipping, yes sir.  Mine? YES!  Obviously everyone has seen this copy.  I’m proud to finally own the one SA book I really thought that I’d never get.  The weight has been lifted....... 

4307D8F7-2736-49B4-8CB8-04C3291E7004.jpeg

Whoa! High ho silver....age! Wear yes, but a complete blue label = worth IT!!!!! :tink:

3 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

@ADAMANTIUM @Wolverinex 

Sacrifices were made.  I have no regrets.  I figured it was now or never for me on this book.  Detached cover, yes.  Chipping, yes sir.  Mine? YES!  Obviously everyone has seen this copy.  I’m proud to finally own the one SA book I really thought that I’d never get.  The weight has been lifted....... 

Hands down worth it. 

16 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

@ADAMANTIUM @Wolverinex 

You gotta message me the whole story! 

Edited by Wolverinex

32 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

@ADAMANTIUM @Wolverinex 

Congratulations! I like the cover date stamp as well. 

7 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

@ADAMANTIUM @Wolverinex 

Beautiful