• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Welcome back to the club Dan!  Yeah I know the feeling of not having an AF #15 in your collection.. It was a big hole for me too, but luckily managed to buy another copy.

Thanks Brian! I'm happy you have your sweet copy as well. Yes, if you've owned an AF, it's most likely been the staple or one the major staples in your collection. When it's gone, it's a tough one to swallow for sure. It's weird, as I found out that nearly everything in my collection was expendable to get Spidey back. He's number 1! 

2 hours ago, Drummy said:

From one Dan to another -- congrats, man!  After you moved the 6.0 you got from me, I wondered how long it would take before you got back in.  Books looks TERRIFIC. (thumbsu

Thanks Dan! It was a heartbreaker when I did, and you know I loved it greatly. I’m definitely happy to be back in, and there’s already sense of calmness lol now when I think about and look at my books. 

Hard to know if it's slowing down completely - Sig Series alone will keep a fair number of buyers away, and the chipping + PQ doesn't help on that particular copy.  I'd like to see another 4.0 with top eye appeal get listed to compare apples with apples...

ps that 3.5Q is great!

2 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

GPA shows a sale of a 4.0 for 53,500 on May 16th.  I don't think the book is slowing.

really? from 53500 to 40 isnt slowing?? sure it may not be a pristine 4.0, but a difference ~20% is fine based on the appearance for the same grade? doesn't seem right

Edited by drmanhattanite

1 hour ago, drmanhattanite said:

really? from 53500 to 40 isnt slowing?? sure it may not be a pristine 4.0, but a difference ~20% is fine based on the appearance for the same grade? doesn't seem right

as many have noted, that book had just about everything wrong with it for the grade. terrible chipping, cream pages, and a stan lee signature are all no-nos for me and many, many other collectors. you can't assess the entire af15 market based on comparing this below average book with the may 16th sale. it's apples and oranges, in spite of both being af15s. 

9 hours ago, drmanhattanite said:

you can buy it for 61K. It's ok as far as SL sigs go. At least he didn't ruin the cover. I dunno. Everything is so crazy now, who knows. You should buy it for 61k and then say you'll sell it for 81l then I'll buy it and say I'll sell it for 100k. That's how we'll do this. 

7 hours ago, drmanhattanite said:

I was pointing out that it was just 1 sale and this high sale was only a few days before.  Sales go up and down on this book and 1 sale isn't a definite trend.  Also, there is a 4.5 on comiclink with 2 days ago that is already at 42k. 

20 hours ago, drmanhattanite said:

This sale is an outlier. Parts of the book on the edge are missing (call it Marvel Chipping but it's still missing pieces) which accounts for the lower price IMO. Not the most attractive copy but still nice. (thumbsu