• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

My copy,

Thanks Robb!!!

image_zpsa8ee9831.jpg

If anyone has a copy of the below for sale in 1.8 (blue or yellow), let me know:

Sgt Fury 1

Avengers 1, 4

Daredevil 1

Tales to Astonish 27

Strange Tales 110

Is ebay seller ComicMylars on the boards?July 14 he purportedly sold this 4.5 CGC copy for over 14K

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-4-5-1962-Origin-1st-Spider-Man-Movie-D4-121-cm-/351053894485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51bc715355&nma=true&si=%252BGMM1tGImJPOaaLYP%252BRnD6UElFg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yet they relisted that very same copy a few days later

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351117907998

Not trying to start a witch hunt, I'd just like to address what appears to be artificial inflation of the price. What is more troubling is that GPA picks up the sold price as a legit sale.

My copy,

Thanks Robb!!!

image_zpsa8ee9831.jpg

If anyone has a copy of the below for sale in 1.8 (blue or yellow), let me know:

Sgt Fury 1

Avengers 1, 4

Daredevil 1

Tales to Astonish 27

Strange Tales 110

Yep and all I need is a 3.5-4.5 with no MC to replace it with!

Is ebay seller ComicMylars on the boards?July 14 he purportedly sold this 4.5 CGC copy for over 14K

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-4-5-1962-Origin-1st-Spider-Man-Movie-D4-121-cm-/351053894485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51bc715355&nma=true&si=%252BGMM1tGImJPOaaLYP%252BRnD6UElFg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yet they relisted that very same copy a few days later

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351117907998

Not trying to start a witch hunt, I'd just like to address what appears to be artificial inflation of the price. What is more troubling is that GPA picks up the sold price as a legit sale.

I've bought stuff from there before and they are legitimate. He sells a lot of things on consignment. The most likely scenario is that someone hit the "buy it now" and then backed out on the sale or didn't pay so he re listed it. GPA is usually pretty good about picking up sales that fell through and not reflecting it in its data, so no need to worry.

What's more interesting to me is that great looking 5.5 in the heritage auction that has already obliterated the previous GPA high. :ohnoez:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-55-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7097-91280.s

-J.

Hey all, I'm starting my ASM collection and at one point want to add AF15 to my collection. I must admit, I have no idea of how to pursue this SA beauty (shrug)

While I have some saving to do, I was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction be it comiclink, connect, heritage or what have you.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey all, I'm starting my ASM collection and at one point want to add AF15 to my collection. I must admit, I have no idea of how to pursue this SA beauty (shrug)

While I have some saving to do, I was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction be it comiclink, connect, heritage or what have you.

Any help is appreciated.

Take it from someone who has completed the entire ASM run.Go for the big keys first,then the fillers will fall into place. (thumbs u

Any help is appreciated.

Take it from someone who has completed the entire ASM run.Go for the big keys first,then the fillers will fall into place. (thumbs u

Ditto.

Find the list of issues by rarity, Tom made it, and look it over to see generally which issues are hardest to find. Start a thread yourself discussing which issues should be hunted the most and which require the most patience, and fast available funds.

I can tell you some, grow a buying pool, and jump on only the big hardest books first. Avoid others unless they are a steal and easy to resell if you have to just to get back the money pool.

ASM 11 should be very close to the top of the list, not at all far behind AF 15, or ASM 1 and 2. That #11 is way harder to find than ASM 3-10, 12-23 etc. ASM 24-26 would be not far behind the first four, I'd place those next. Good luck and have fun.

My copy,

Thanks Robb!!!

image_zpsa8ee9831.jpg

Sgt Fury 1

Avengers 1, 4

Daredevil 1

Tales to Astonish 27

Strange Tales 110

(thumbs u

My old and first copy. I'll never forget when I first unwrapped it. I literally couldn't stop looking at it. I'm glad it went to another great dude. Congrats and Welcome to the Club.

Can't remember if I posted this here after I posted the grade in the WTB thread.

Nervous about getting this back as I bought it raw from a collector whom I didn't know with minimal provenance.

scan0411.jpg

scan0045-1.jpg

scan0046.jpg

Can't remember if I posted this here after I posted the grade in the WTB thread.

Nervous about getting this back as I bought it raw from a collector whom I didn't know with minimal provenance.

scan0411.jpg

scan0045-1.jpg

scan0046.jpg

Why are you nervous?

Did you resubmit and got the 3.0 back or did he sell you the label with the book?

Nice book btw!

It's safe to say that there have been several recent sales of AF15 in a variety of grades that have exceeded the highest sale prices for those grades recorded by GPA.

It's safe to say that there have been several recent sales of AF15 in a variety of grades that have exceeded the highest sale prices for those grades recorded by GPA.

While I don't doubt you, how do derive this information?

Several dealers reported extremely strong prices at SDCC. The current heritage auction has a GPA busting 5.5 on it as well.

-J.