• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

It's safe to say that there have been several recent sales of AF15 in a variety of grades that have exceeded the highest sale prices for those grades recorded by GPA.

While I don't doubt you, how do derive this information?

I sold one of them for a price that crushed the GPA-recorded high, and learned from the dealer to whom I consigned it that several other sales had done so, too.

I think the same thing is going on with Hulk 1. From what I can ascertain, many dealers are no longer reporting to GPA, on anything. Can't say I blame them. If they report, that just sets the bar higher for them to purchase. These are crazy times !

I do blame them if they refuse to report. Back to some of my original point, if the dealers are the only ones who have the information then they will be the only ones who benefit. That is bad for the hobby.

Disclaimer - I know in many cases they have tried and are not allowed to report. Not all dealers are the same. Yada yada yada.

What dealers used to report to GPA that no longer do? Do you have any evidence of this at all? Thanks

Yes, but I'm not going to name names. If you buy a book from a dealer and you don't see it recorded in GPA that pretty much suffices as 'evidence'. On the other side of this, there's been a lot of discussion and finger pointing in other threads about people using the pump and dump, shilling fake sales to up the prices in GPA. As I said, these are strange times in the hobby.

I wasnt around in the hobby, or probably alive when this might of happened, but anyone remember when one could buy a mega key and it wouldn't be known for months or years that it was bought for X amount of dollars? Because I would have to think there was a time like that right? Where Shows were the only times big time dealers and collectors could get together and talk.

One day Ill join this club. My Goal is to find one for under 2k but as a broke College student that doesnt seem like it will happen. But Im always looking.

-Christian

Edited by Kystix

One day Ill join this club. My Goal is to find one for under 2k but as a broke College student that doesnt seem like it will happen. But Im always looking.

That ship may have sailed, outside of maybe a real used .5 or resto copy. 2c

I wasnt around in the hobby, or probably alive when this might of happened, but anyone remember when one could buy a mega key and it wouldn't be known for months or years that it was bought for X amount of dollars? Because I would have to think there was a time like that right? Where Shows were the only times big time dealers and collectors could get together and talk.

-Christian

I hope you find one.

3.0 ow/w only pic I have of my child ha ha. My poor baby suffers paper loss from ct removal. Flawless back cover though and is structurally sound.

IMG_0469_zps80614ea6.jpg

:applause: Very nice and bright copy congratulations! Did you have the CT removal done yourself?

-J.

3.0 ow/w only pic I have of my child ha ha. My poor baby suffers paper loss from ct removal. Flawless back cover though and is structurally sound.

IMG_0469_zps80614ea6.jpg

:applause: Very nice and bright copy congratulations! Did you have the CT removal done yourself?

-J.

I've had this book maybe a year and change. I traded for it as is. Previous owner had the ct removed don't recall the grade I was told in it's ct form.

IMG_0469_zps80614ea6.jpg

-J.

I've had this book maybe a year and change. I traded for it as is. Previous owner had the ct removed don't recall the grade I was told in it's ct form.

Phil, I believe you were considering getting this back into a restored state. I'm glad you decided against it. I think it looks solid as is.

Thanks for all the kind words :foryou:

Bob, I'm happy I didn't. It really is a nice book for the grade. At first I was reluctant to do the trade because it's not your average comic due to the scraping/paper loss of the ct. So I didn't know how the market would treat it if I ever did need to resell. I've had it for a while now and just happy I got in. Good chance I would have never made it into the club unless it was a complete rag.

That one 4.5 ended up going for 15.5k. A very strong price. I for one thought it was a very fairly graded 4.5 by any measure.

AF 15 just remains super crazy hot.

-J.

Based on trends $15.5 could be in the rear-view mirror very soon...

FYI - agree on the grade overall, would need the book in hand to a full evaluation though.

Not exactly a funny book, but I thought it would be a good one to share with this crowd. This is my 3rd painting commission from Ryan Heshka, a fellow boardie. I had him tweak this one a little bit from the original...As usual, he hit it out of the park again…

photo1_zps3b987e35.jpg

Not exactly a funny book, but I thought it would be a good one to share with this crowd. This is my 3rd painting commission from Ryan Heshka, a fellow boardie. I had him tweak this one a little bit from the original...As usual, he hit it out of the park again…

photo1_zps3b987e35.jpg

:golfclap:

Pics of the other two?

Pics of the other two?

Here they are…

5673797005_2075732310_b.jpg

6218798549_7c2a060344_b.jpg

Pics of the other two?

Here they are…

Wow, very cool! Those colors are outstanding!

Any interest in sharing the boardie's name (i.e. his call-sign or whatever since you gave his real name)? Maybe via PM?

Would love something to commission one or two things myself.

Edited by rfoiii

Pics of the other two?

Here they are…

Wow, very cool! Those colors are outstanding!

Any interest in sharing the boardie's name (i.e. his call-sign or whatever since you gave his real name)? Maybe via PM?

Would love something to commission one or two things myself.

Absolutely! His name is Ryan Heshka, goes by RyanH on the boards.

Check out this thread.

Got Heshka? thread

And you can check out a lot of his funny book pieces here…