• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

Nice copy! At first glance you look right at the missing color on the left side and wince a little, but then you look at the right side...WOW, the right half of that book is high grade.

To me, that's a VERY desirable 3.0. You did well. How does the back look?

Here's the back of the book...some water damage...

Sorry for the bad lighting

23ED0083-EA04-4395-97EF-CCB1947457E9_zpsjcdc74cb.jpg

Nice copy! At first glance you look right at the missing color on the left side and wince a little, but then you look at the right side...WOW, the right half of that book is high grade.

To me, that's a VERY desirable 3.0. You did well. How does the back look?

Here's the back of the book...some water damage...

Sorry for the bad lighting

23ED0083-EA04-4395-97EF-CCB1947457E9_zpsjcdc74cb.jpg

That's still a very nice looking 3.0!!

I owned a 7.0 once upon a time (2002 or so), but sold it to fund other purchases. Finally back in the club with a 3.0 that cost more than what I got when I sold the 7.0. Ha.

I wasn't actively looking for an AF 15, but I saw this one and kept going back to it over and over again until I finally pulled the trigger. IMO, the perfect example of "buy the book, not the grade". They eye appeal here is simply off the charts.

AF15_30a_zpse23bd63f.jpg

I owned a 7.0 once upon a time (2002 or so), but sold it to fund other purchases. Finally back in the club with a 3.0 that cost more than what I got when I sold the 7.0. Ha.

I wasn't actively looking for an AF 15, but I saw this one and kept going back to it over and over again until I finally pulled the trigger. IMO, the perfect example of "buy the book, not the grade". They eye appeal here is simply off the charts.

AF15_30a_zpse23bd63f.jpg

That is a beautiful 3.0 with great edges. I assume it had color touch that had to be scraped off to garner a blue label with those weird scratches but wow what a pretty book. How's the back? If there are no big pieces missing I think you have the prettiest 3.0 out there.

I just saw the note of tape on interior cover. Probably would have graded much higher under the old rules.

Edited by comicdey

AF15_30a_zpse23bd63f.jpg

That is a beautiful 3.0 with great edges. I assume it had color touch that had to be scraped off to garner a blue label with those weird scratches but wow what a pretty book. How's the back? If there are no big pieces missing I think you have the prettiest 3.0 out there.

I just saw the note of tape on interior cover. Probably would have graded much higher under the old rules.

It depends on what defect the tape is attempting to correct and the overall grade of the book. (thumbs u

-J.

AF15_30a_zpse23bd63f.jpg

Why is that only a 3.0 hm

What is the GPA on AF15 6.0?

Looks like this dude opted to let comic connect re-list his 6.0 after the auction mis-hap rather than taking his $30k+ he got from the first auction and running out the backdoor with it.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=580276

-J.

22-25k which means if this auction pops 30k this book is still hot as fire.

Final price: $32,166

What was the prior close? I forgot.

What is the GPA on AF15 6.0?

Looks like this dude opted to let comic connect re-list his 6.0 after the auction mis-hap rather than taking his $30k+ he got from the first auction and running out the backdoor with it.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=580276

-J.

22-25k which means if this auction pops 30k this book is still hot as fire.

Final price: $32,166

What was the prior close? I forgot.

:o Guess the gamble paid off well for the seller. It went for $30k the first time around in the prior botched auction.

-J.

This one will be interesting.

VERY nice copy that has a chance to set a new GPA for a .5.

This is a classic buy the book and not the grade.

(part of the back cover is missing)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-Graded-5-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-8-62-OFF-WHITE-/131400611472?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e98163690

AF15_30a_zpse23bd63f.jpg

Yes, looks like there was a bit of CT removal, resulting in some paper loss along the spine. Such a shame, as the book was clearly very nice without it, and certainly didn't benefit from it.

Back cover is even better than the front cover - here's a scan:

AF15_30b_zpsaef65f66.jpg