• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Gee, it looks like they are just crawling out from every corner of the woodwork now......must be a spider nest around somewhere. lol

Besides the reholdered CGC 9.2 copy that CL just sold the previous week and the regraded CGC 8.5 copy that HA will come in their upcoming auction, we now have the 9.0 copy from CL, plus another CGC 9.0 copy in CC's upcoming Event Auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

Definitely not a rare book at all as there are at least a dozen copies coming up in the major auctions just on HA, CC, and CL alone, never mind the other smaller auction sites. hm

It could be similar to the effect Carl Icahn dropping a stock has within the investment community. He drops a stock and many follow. Obviously a much different context but when there are only a total of 20 people holding blue labels of 9.0 and above, a sudden sale of a 9.2 may spook some or possibly give others confidence to go ahead and cash in.

If anything, it might actually be the other way around. :gossip:

The CGC 8.5 copy on HA and the CGC 9.0 copy on CC had already been posted on their sites quite a few weeks ago, and well before the announced sale of CL's 9.2 graded copy. Not so sure about this latest 9.0 graded copy that will be in CL's upcoming Winter Auction though. (shrug)

Gee, it looks like they are just crawling out from every corner of the woodwork now......must be a spider nest around somewhere. lol

Besides the reholdered CGC 9.2 copy that CL just sold the previous week and the regraded CGC 8.5 copy that HA will come in their upcoming auction, we now have the 9.0 copy from CL, plus another CGC 9.0 copy in CC's upcoming Event Auction:

Definitely not a rare book at all as there are at least a dozen copies coming up in the major auctions just on HA, CC, and CL alone, never mind the other smaller auction sites. hm

It could be similar to the effect Carl Icahn dropping a stock has within the investment community. He drops a stock and many follow. Obviously a much different context but when there are only a total of 20 people holding blue labels of 9.0 and above, a sudden sale of a 9.2 may spook some or possibly give others confidence to go ahead and cash in.

The CGC 8.5 copy on HA and the CGC 9.0 copy on CC had already been posted on their sites quite a few weeks ago, and well before the announced sale of CL's 9.2 graded copy. Not so sure about this latest 9.0 graded copy that will be in CL's upcoming Winter Auction though. (shrug)

I didn't know the two were already announced (or listed for preview). Then the 9.2 could be nothing more than a brilliant move on Barton's part. You can settle for an 8.5 or a 9.0 a few weeks from now; or you can buy this 9.2 right here, right now!

I didn't know the two were already announced (or listed for preview). Then the 9.2 could be nothing more than a brilliant move on Barton's part. You can settle for an 8.5 or a 9.0 a few weeks from now; or you can buy this 9.2 right here, right now!

Yes, I got the Early Highlights pamphlet from Heritage which was postmarked December 15th and it's got the AF 15 in there along with the Church Hit and Blue Ribbon runs.

Hhmmm.......it's also got a CGC 8.5 graded copy of Seven Seas #4 with the classic Baker GGA cover. Now, that should be a really interesting one to watch since that book's been on fire lately. hm

More common BIG KEY, but scarcer in high grade and high demand. AF15 copies are readily available in the market place, but are not easily purchasable under 10-15% under fair market value. Very seldom, are there are four AF15's in high grade 7.5,8.5,9.0 Voldy, 9.0. These four books will attract bidders on different levels. There were many high grade Hulk 1's the last year and the market easily absorbed them and they all sold near or above fair market value. This is a great window of opportunity for anyone willing to add a high grade AF15. The market will absorb these insatiable copies easily.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

More common BIG KEY, but scarcer in high grade and high demand. AF15 copies are readily available in the market place, but are not easily purchasable under 10-15% under fair market value. Very seldom, are there are four AF15's in high grade 7.5,8.5,9.0 Voldy, 9.0. These four books will attract bidders on different levels. There were many high grade Hulk 1's the last year and the market easily absorbed them and they all sold near or above fair market value. This is a great window of opportunity for anyone willing to add a high grade AF15 and with the market can absorb these copies.

I think this is accurate. The 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0 have big enough price differences that each book will probably attract different groups of bidders.

More common BIG KEY, but scarcer in high grade and high demand. AF15 copies are readily available in the market place, but are not easily purchasable under 10-15% under fair market value. Very seldom, are there are four AF15's in high grade 7.5,8.5,9.0 Voldy, 9.0. These four books will attract bidders on different levels. There were many high grade Hulk 1's the last year and the market easily absorbed them and they all sold near or above fair market value. This is a great window of opportunity for anyone willing to add a high grade AF15 and with the market can absorb these copies.

I think this is accurate. The 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0 have big enough price differences that each book will probably attract different groups of bidders.

Yes, the prices swings are in the 50-100K depends on PQ and eye appeal. There are also a lot of window for upgrade opportunity for some folks or add another HG copy. ;)

There wasn't any calculation like that on my part. It was more like, "You think I could get that for the book? Let me think about it."

"I'm still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Ok, I'll do it."

Ship book via FedEx.

Feel sad driving out of the FedEx parking lot.

There wasn't any calculation like that on my part. It was more like, "You think I could get that for the book? Let me think about it."

"I'm still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Ok, I'll do it."

Ship book via FedEx.

I had a very strong offer on my 8.0 recently and turned it down. I feel sad when I check my bank account. You can't win either way Barton. (thumbs u

"I'm still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Ok, I'll do it."

Ship book via FedEx.

lol Now you can take home a pair of 9.0's with the proceeds! :popcorn:

"I'm still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Still thinking."

"Ok, I'll do it."

Ship book via FedEx.

Feel sad driving out of the FedEx parking lot but doing cart wheels as I head to the bank!.

Fixed that for you, Barton.

Way back in the pre-CGC days, I bought a high grade Spidey #1 and sent it to Susan Cicconi via FedEx for a restoration check. I called Susan to make sure the book arrived safely. She told me that it hadn't arrived yet. So I called FedEx to see what was going on and they told me they were experiencing some delays.

The next day, a buddy at work who knew about the situation clipped this photo from the New York Times and passed it on to me. I don't know if my book was on this plane, but the plane's intended destination makes me think it's possible. The book somehow did make it to Susan, though a day later than scheduled. It wasn't a fun couple of days. But the book did pass the restoration check.

32578886015_c184b53198_b.jpg

Way back in the pre-CGC days, I bought a high grade Spidey #1 and sent it to Susan Cicconi via FedEx for a restoration check. I called Susan to make sure the book arrived safely. She told me that it hadn't arrived yet. So I called FedEx to see what was going on and they told me they were experiencing some delays.

The next day, a buddy at work who knew about the situation clipped this photo from the New York Times and passed it on to me. I don't know if my book was on this plane, but the plane's intended destination makes me think it's possible. The book somehow did make it to Susan, though a day later than scheduled. It wasn't a fun couple of days. But the book did pass the restoration check.

32578886015_c184b53198_b.jpg

Always nice when your comic comes with a personal story

image_zps66yyodtt.jpg

image_zpscmrdsn6j.jpg

image_zpskpcjju94.jpg

image_zpslyt62noi.jpg

:banana::whee:

Obviously, I'm rooting for the next 3 big auctions. Really happy to have these. When I first bought the first 2 7.0's, I had to trade some other books to get them, but looking back there's no regrets. These 3 books are the backbone of my collection.

image_zps66yyodtt.jpg

image_zpscmrdsn6j.jpg

image_zpskpcjju94.jpg

image_zpslyt62noi.jpg

:banana::whee:

Obviously, I'm rooting for the next 3 big auctions. Really happy to have these. When I first bought the first 2 7.0's, I had to trade some other books to get them, but looking back there's no regrets. These 3 books are the backbone of my collection.

Unbelievably awesome!