• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I think a true test of this books value will be to see how a superior graded copy sells when it has nearly ever negative going against it outside of grade.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1171202

This book ends tonight, its at 26k right now.

1. CBCS not CGC

2. Below average page quality

3. Strong marvel chipping and pre-chipping.

4. Decent eye appeal with detractors as mentioned, but not outstanding.

those 4 will be weighing on this book and its final price. How this book does will tell a lot about the price/value of this book. It has no realistic upgrade potential, Chipping, and doesn't have outstanding eye appeal (nice red though).  If this thing goes 41k or higher, yeah this book evolved this isnt one offs and bubbles (in my opinion).  Its in a well known auction house with a strong track record of sales on this book and books in general. Lets see how capt average flys.

The only actual "detractor" for the book is the name on the holder that it's in.  It may not be totally fair or logical but it is what it is.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

8 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I think a true test of this books value will be to see how a superior graded copy sells when it has nearly ever negative going against it outside of grade.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1171202

This book ends tonight, its at 26k right now.

1. CBCS not CGC

2. Below average page quality

3. Strong marvel chipping and pre-chipping.

4. Decent eye appeal with detractors as mentioned, but not outstanding.

those 4 will be weighing on this book and its final price. How this book does will tell a lot about the price/value of this book. It has no realistic upgrade potential, Chipping, and doesn't have outstanding eye appeal (nice red though).  If this thing goes 41k or higher, yeah this book evolved this isnt one offs and bubbles (in my opinion).  Its in a well known auction house with a strong track record of sales on this book and books in general. Lets see how capt average flys.

Backed to life, back to reality. (music)

The Marvel chipping was not that that bad, dude.

Not if we want to debate because it was a CBCS book that is a more viable. 

That CBCS sale did suck though.

Edited by nWo_22

3 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

The 6.0 Sparkle City book has crossed the 40k mark.  However, anyone notice it's being bid on by a bidder with only 1 feedback rating?  :eek:

Maybe someone with 2 Ebay account trying to scare off other bidders hoping to get the book for less money.

5 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Ended at 5400$.

1 hour ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Maybe someone with 2 Ebay account trying to scare off other bidders hoping to get the book for less money.

They should block that bidder with the Ebay rating of 1. That is what I would do.

1 minute ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

They should block that bidder with the Ebay rating of 1. That is what I would do.

Why? Everyone has to start at 0 on eBay and build up their feedback. How can anyone build up their feedback if they get blocked from bidding on big ticket items?? Just because someone has a low feedback number, it doesn't mean they aren't a serious bidder.

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

Why? Everyone has to start at 0 on eBay and build up their feedback. How can anyone build up their feedback if they get blocked from bidding on big ticket items?? Just because someone has a low feedback number, it doesn't mean they aren't a serious bidder.

Agreed but makes the auction look bad maybe that's bidder's intention.....who knows....but who starts off on Ebay with a 55k to 60k purchase most likely very very few if any.

I have had some in the past on my Ebay account I simply blocked them did not care if they where serious or not I did not want to find out either way.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

5 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Agreed but makes the auction look bad maybe that's bidder's intention.....who knows....but who starts off on Ebay with a 55k to 60k purchase most likely very very few if any.

I have had some in the past on my Ebay account I simply blocked them did not care if they where serious or not I did not want to find out either way.

Remind me never to bid on any of your items on ebay. Why does it "make the auction look bad"? Do you KNOW this bidder isn't a serious bidder? Or are you just speculating? Why can't you start off bidding on a big ticket item? Do new ebay members have a dollar limit placed on their bids? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

Remind me never to bid on any of your items on ebay. Why does it "make the auction look bad"? Do you KNOW this bidder isn't a serious bidder? Or are you just speculating? Why can't you start off bidding on a big ticket item? Do new ebay members have a dollar limit placed on their bids? :facepalm:

Simply strange that's all. I have already sold everything I wanted to sell so no more worries on my end. If this seller if OK with it let him do what he wants....in the end it's no my problem.

But if the book sells to the guy with that 1 feedback no one here or almost no one here will believe the final sale price.....and most people here wanted to know how much a book with marvel chipping would end at....so yes there are negative effects if that person is a bad bidder. And then the debate will continue until another auction occurs that people will put their trust into.

44 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

+1

I'm pretty sure SparkleCity would right away contact any low feedback bidders to check whether they are serious about purchasing any item.  I've done business with them before having both won books and consigned major key books through them and they have always been honest and well-trusted.

3 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Sure you guys are all brave it's not your auction not so sure you would be a happy camper if it was.

8 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Simply strange that's all. I have already sold everything I wanted to sell so no more worries on my end. If this seller if OK with it let him do what he wants....in the end it's no my problem.

But if the book sells to the guy with that 1 feedback no one here or almost no one here will believe the final sale price.....and most people here wanted to know how much a book with marvel chipping would end at....so yes there are negative effects if that person is a bad bidder.

People will believe it when it gets posted to GPA. But to "financially profile" someone as not a serious buyer because of a low feedback number is inane.

"they have always been honest and well-trusted."

Is that so?

At any rate, outside of comic connect the AF 15 results I think are relatively consistent.  One auction result or a series of them in the same auction isn't a market indicator, and if you're jumping on the book (as a buyer) I think you're taking a big risk.  If you're selling and convince someone to pay the "new hot price" for the book without more data points on such a common book, then you're maxing out as a seller and good for you.  Good for the hobby long term?  Uncertain.

1 hour ago, Foolkiller said:

"they have always been honest and well-trusted."

Is that so?

At any rate, outside of comic connect the AF 15 results I think are relatively consistent.  One auction result or a series of them in the same auction isn't a market indicator, and if you're jumping on the book (as a buyer) I think you're taking a big risk.  If you're selling and convince someone to pay the "new hot price" for the book without more data points on such a common book, then you're maxing out as a seller and good for you.  Good for the hobby long term?  Uncertain.

Simple math just like the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle baseball card (1000's of them exist).....the demand simply outpaces the supply. It's the #3 book in the entire hobby. Millions and million of people collect Spidey stuff worldwide.

Simple math just like the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle baseball card (1000's of them exist).....the demand simply outpaces the supply. It's the #3 book in the entire hobby. Millions and million of people collect Spidey stuff worldwide. People use to say the Mantle card will crash over and over again the price has risen.

I understand that and I'm not predicting a crash per se.  what I'm saying is that sudden jumps for no reason with out more data points are not indicative of a sudden tectonic shift in prices.  Demand can be artificially created.  Same as with any other market.  I don't know about this claim that millions and millions of people collect spidey stuff worldwide, but I will agree millions and millions of people recognize him world wide as an iconic character.  Doesn't mean necessarily that the price jumps in AF 15s are warranted or not being artificially created.

1 hour ago, Foolkiller said:

I understand that and I'm not predicting a crash per se.  what I'm saying is that sudden jumps for no reason with out more data points are not indicative of a sudden tectonic shift in prices.  Demand can be artificially created.  Same as with any other market.  I don't know about this claim that millions and millions of people collect spidey stuff worldwide, but I will agree millions and millions of people recognize him world wide as an iconic character.  Doesn't mean necessarily that the price jumps in AF 15s are warranted or not being artificially created.

Possible not but not likely.

People use to say (and still do by the way) the Mantle card will crash over and over again the price has risen you could have gotten a PSA 9 for maybe 50 000$ 10 years ago now you will pay 2.5 to 3 million dollars for the same exact same card and even more for a psa 10 (that goes for all grades).

I became a believer and then sold my 1952 Mantle for 13 000$ just 2 years later it is now a 40 000$ to 45 000$ card in the same exact grade.

Simple math just like the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle baseball card (1000's of them exist).....the demand simply outpaces the supply. It's the #3 book in the entire hobby. Millions and million of people collect Spidey stuff worldwide. People use to say the Mantle card will crash over and over again the price has risen.

Is it ahead of Bat #1, Sups #1, Flash #1, Marvel  #1, ...?