• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Just now, chrisco37 said:

You're talking out of your behind.  The above comments are ridiculous.   I've subbed and bought both companies.   They pretty much have been in line with one another from what I've seen.  

My first sub to CBCS, I pre-graded going by what I thought they'd come back from CGC (I had no other frame of reference).  Got them all correct.   Only times I've ever been stunned by a submission were both with CGC; one was the first submission, so pretty common experience there, and the other made me very, very happy.    

CBCS = less money than CGC....99% of the time simple as that.

47 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, but that's not what you said. 

48 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

CBCS = less money than CGC....99% of the time simple as that.

It's more like 70% from books I've followed

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

You really expect people to take your word over his?  Who are YOU?  :banana:

Mind you I've qualified my statements with books I've followed 

but a large data sampling would reveal similar results across the

spectrum, I suspect

Edited by G.A.tor

I think the formula I've seen is this:

1. CGC Graded

2. No Chipping (at most one piece)

3. Good color on the suit and title.

If you book has all that, its gonna crush and seemingly outperform in today's market per GPA. If you have 2 of the 3 it will do well but more normal price range. If it has only 1 expect low average pricing. Page quality i think is about the most important part of a book but it doesn't seem to play into this push for new high prices on this book which REALLY surprises me.

Ladies - if a thought enters my stream of consciousness about AF 15, am I required to post about it? And if so, must I post said thought immediately without hesitation?  hm

10 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Ladies - if a thought enters my stream of consciousness about AF 15, am I required to post about it? And if so, must I post said thought immediately without hesitation?  hm

I'm considering reporting you to the authorities because of the non-hypothetical implications of your hypothetical question.   You're clearly thinking about AF15 already.

18 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'm considering reporting you to the authorities because of the non-hypothetical implications of your hypothetical question.   You're clearly thinking about AF15 already.

It's like mind control!!  :idea:

31 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

So now you are the Voice for 'most of us'. How can you make a statement like this and expect anyone to take your comments seriously ? Your statements are obviously not well thought out as you continually pull out random statistics to sound impressive. You have single handedly ruined this, and other, threads with your ridiculous comments in order to pump up books you own. Please consider taking a break from posting. We need a rest.  

That sums it up.  Too bad I can't find the "Multi-like" button.  

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

So now you are the Voice for 'most of us'. How can you make a statement like this and expect anyone to take your comments seriously ? Your statements are obviously not well thought out as you continually pull out random statistics to sound impressive. You have single handedly ruined this, and other, threads with your ridiculous comments in order to pump up books you own. Please consider taking a break from posting. We need a rest.  

I based myself on comments on this board about CBCS. You guys can buy CBCS graded books I will continue to pass on them as I am sure many others will as well.

Funny I talk about CBCS everyone and their mother come and blast me but when another member says the exact same thing everyone and their mother jumps on the hate CBCS wagon.

You like CBCS buy them you can have them all I don't want a single one of them. CGC is #1 in the hobby and trying to say CBCS is it's equal is one big lie (newer collectors and no so new collectors should know this before buying a CBCS graded book and thinking they got a great deal....if it looks to good to be true then most likely it is)!!

For me CBCS = a junk grading company simple as that. Those that what to lie to themselves can go right ahead it's not my money your spending/wasting.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

11 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I based myself on comments on this board about CBCS. You guys can buy CBCS graded books I will continue to pass on them as I am sure many others will as well.

Funny I talk about CBCS everyone and their mother come and blast me but when another member says the exact same thing everyone and their mother jumps on the hate CBCS wagon.

You like CBCS buy them you can have them all I don't want a single one of them. CGC is #1 in the hobby and trying to say CBCS is it's equal is one big lie (newer collectors and no so new collectors should know this before buying a CBCS graded book and thinking they got a great deal....if it looks to good to be true then most likely it is)!!

For me CBCS = a junk grading company simple as that. Those that what to lie to themselves can go right ahead it's not my money your spending/wasting.

This line of thinking will have you totally missing some great deals. Buy the book not the label!

I bought an AF 15 cbcs 3.5 in January for under 9000! Spent like 400 on cpr and guess what? I got a cgc 3.5....

I think whoever bought the "weak" cbcs 8.5 last year would agree.