• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Could this 2.5 hit a new GPA high this Sunday? Got a ways to go to get over $12,995 but last minute bidding.... Thoughts? I'm assuming the buyers premium added in does not affect the GPA price, right?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-pages/a/121716-13226.s?type=cgcforum-weeklycomics-041617

1 hour ago, Philreal said:

Could this 2.5 hit a new GPA high this Sunday? Got a ways to go to get over $12,995 but last minute bidding.... Thoughts? I'm assuming the buyers premium added in does not affect the GPA price, right?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-pages/a/121716-13226.s?type=cgcforum-weeklycomics-041617

Buyers premium is added into price

2 hours ago, Philreal said:

It won't be me setting the gpa high, i'm from california and paying 10 percent tax is a deal breaker

5 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Great looking book!  I don't think I've ever seen a book with a subscription crease get a 6.0 but with how nice it is I can see why.  No chipping, sharp corners and nice colors.  

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Great looking book!  I don't think I've ever seen a book with a subscription crease get a 6.0 but with how nice it is I can see why.  No chipping, sharp corners and nice colors.  

Yeah back then a subscription crease from the top to bottom would grade at around a 4.5 as the highest.  Things have now changed I guess.

43 minutes ago, comicquant said:

37 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yeah back then a subscription crease from the top to bottom would grade at around a 4.5 as the highest.  Things have now changed I guess.

I looked at the scan of that copy also. Since the subscription crease was more profound from mid to the bottom of the cover, it didn't down grade more lower.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:
8 hours ago, comicquant said:

Nope. I've seen books in higher grades with a sub crease under the Borock era.  In fact I've slabbed some.

It all depends on the severity of the crease.

8 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Nope. I've seen books in higher grades with a sub crease under the Borock era.  In fact I've slabbed some.

It all depends on the severity of the crease.

Wish I knew that then or I probably would've bought a few books with lighter sub crease.  Practically boardies then were talking about how the highest grade for it was a 4.5, mostly 4.0.  I don't recall anyone saying that it would grade any higher.  

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Wish I knew that then or I probably would've bought a few books with lighter sub crease.  Practically boardies then were talking about how the highest grade for it was a 4.5, mostly 4.0.  I don't recall anyone saying that it would grade any higher.  

I've seen light sub creased books at 5.5 (remember the Detroit trolley aa16)  maybe even 6.0, though the example escapes me at the moment