• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, lou_fine said:
20 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:
22 hours ago, VintageComics said:

The fact that before and after eBay prices 'blew up' and that sellers changed listings to note the CC sale is the evidence.

Have any of these Ebay copies sold?

Now, that is definitely a key question to ask?  (thumbsu

Although sellers can always ask for more money, it doesn't mean that the books are going to necessarily sell at that higher price point. 

7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

There were a few that sold.

I think someone hit a BIN for $24K on a 4.5 a few weeks ago.

Easy to check if you just filter SOLD listings in Advanced Search.

Yes, this is also what I remember seeing.  (thumbsu

Substantially lower prices on the AF 15's on a price per point basis after the last CC auction and pretty well back to where they were in the $5K to $7K range in terms of price per point.  Definitely nowhere close to the $8 to $10K+ price range that CC was able to achieve with their last set of auction results.  hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely nowhere close to the $8 to $10K+ price range that CC was able to achieve with their last set of auction results.  hm

Yeah, I imagine there would be a lot of sellers of low/mid-grade copies at $8K - $10K a point!  :preach:

21 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Yeah, I imagine there would be a lot of sellers of low/mid-grade copies at $8K - $10K a point!  :preach:

I'd just like to get 5k a point for the lower grades (3.5 and under)

On 4/18/2017 at 6:12 PM, VintageComics said:
On 4/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, lou_fine said:

Roy;

I'll tell you what's absurd.  :screwy:

Is it true that the housing market is now so hot in your area that some homes are now even selling for a million dollars over their asking price.  :blush:  :flipbait:

:devil:

:idea:

That's why you should trade in all of your AF 15's and other Marvel SA keys to use as a down payment and then use the power of leverage to double or triple your money in a short period of time.  Especially with home prices increasing by a 30% to 40% rate on a year over year basis.

Oh, maybe too late now since I heard your provincial government has just imposed a 15% purchase tax on home purchases by non-residents along with rent controls.  Must have gotten tired of all those flippers coming in and buying up entire floors of condo units with minimal deposits only and then flipping them back out at massive profits even before the final payments are due.  :censored:

And now we know why real money from China and the other Asian countries has not and most likely will never enter into the comic book market for books like AF 15's and the like, because they are simply too busy making millions on real estate transactions which has always been the #1 vehicle in terms of their historical investment culture.  hm

52 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, drbanner said:

I'd just like to get 5k a point for the lower grades (3.5 and under)

Has there been a change on a price per point basis for these relatively lower grade copies of AF 15's on a before and after basis in terms of the big 3 sales in the last CC auction?   hm

42 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Has there been a change on a price per point basis for these relatively lower grade copies of AF 15's on a before and after basis in terms of the big 3 sales in the last CC auction?   hm

Some folks are reporting very aggressive asking prices at C2e2 for af15

test will be if any actually sell

8 hours ago, dem1138 said:

I heard AF #15s were sparse at the show. 

Maybe folks don't want to sell? I'm sitting on a bunch waiting to see "if" this limited surge holds, or returns to some semblance of reality

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Maybe folks don't want to sell? I'm sitting on a bunch waiting to see "if" this limited surge holds, or returns to some semblance of reality

Agreed.  I have a bluechip (no mc, ow/w pages) CGC 4.5 that I am open to selling but now starting to think otherwise, especially before this CC auction ends.

33 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Agreed.  I have a bluechip (no mc, ow/w pages) CGC 4.5 that I am open to selling but now starting to think otherwise, especially before this CC auction ends.

I sold 2 of my 3  cgc 4.5 , ow or better, no mc copies for 24k&25k earlier this year. Thought I got "strong " money. Both were nicer than the 4.0 at 30? In the cc auction 

On 3/21/2017 at 4:35 PM, Sqeggs said:

In May 2014, I listed a 5.0 OW-W copy with no MC (or other significant problems) on the boards asking $16,500.  I ended up accepting $15,000 for it.  

I've been wrong (many times!) before ... but these price increases aren't sustainable.

Stein's Law:  "Anything that can't go on forever, won't go on forever." 

And on that note,I like to congratulate everyone holding a copy of AF15 at this pinnacle point in time. You are a lucky bunch of sons a beeches

Edited by Junkdrawer

Just now, Junkdrawer said:

And on that not, I like to congratulate everyone holding a copy of AF15 at this pinnacle point in time. You are a lucky bunch of sons a beeches

I wish I had ante'd up at the time and purchased a slightly nicer copy. If I sold my 3.5, I couldn't afford to get back into the market. 

1 minute ago, piper said:

I wish I had ante'd up at the time and purchased a slightly nicer copy. If I sold my 3.5, I couldn't afford to get back into the market. 

At least your in it!!

32 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

And on that note,I like to congratulate everyone holding a copy of AF15 at this pinnacle point in time. You are a lucky bunch of sons a beeches

AF15 will continue to grow over time it will slow down eventually then pick back up....same as AC1 and TEC27. These 3 books are all in my opinion still very undervalued compared to other key collectibles in other hobbies.

Edited by SC22

29 minutes ago, piper said:

Any news or just in general over the past while?