• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

The only intention I have of influencing the market is to bring balance and reality based on my experience and my observations because a market that is false or too hot is unhealthy for everyone in the long run.

And using pricing for upgradeable books and applying them to copies that would never fetch those numbers is not healthy for the market.

I make money regardless of what the market does, so what pray tell else could be my motivation?

Which words did I twist? I have been clear, concise and consistent from the beginning of this discussion.

I explained why I thought the record prices were set (all 3 copies looked upgradeable and the copies that were not upgradeable did not sell for record prices), I explained that if the market accepts these record prices as FMV then the market would rise and I stated that I thought it was unhealthy (as did several other guys who deal in or collect big books).

You on the other hand said this:

But you have no idea who was involved or what the price was.

Interjecting the words "cut rate, low ball" is pure speculation on your part and you know nothing of the details.

Yes I agree I was speculating.  You did not provide any specifics.  I took what you did say and drew some conclusions.  

A far cry from "twisting" something.  :foryou:

-J.

17 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Hahahahaha.....Oh sooooooooo spot on!! That member cares about ONE thing and ONE thing only the agenda he/she (I don't know if your a man or a women) has going on. He/She is a dealer trying to manipulate the market in his/her favor it's so very obvious. Gator is a different story he is a stand up guy!!

Oh watch out he/she will not speak to you if you continue to act that way ohhh booo woooo poor us!!

You are the most petulant board member I've seen in years.

You've sent me 2 apologies via PM and I haven't accepted either because I know they're not sincere.

You're like a 12 year old on the side lines cheering on anyone that agrees with you and jumping on anyone who doesn't. That's why most people don't respond to you anymore.

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

We are, after all, only talking about a comic book here.  It's not as though you need some sort of advanced degree in finance to make an infoends opinion.  Dealer input is of course always valuable and appreciated, but the "I know better than you, so listen to and believe me and not your own eyes"-schtick is a little played out at this point.  

I just need to point out that nobody said the bold above.

Once again, you are injecting your words into someone else's.

Edited by VintageComics

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I just need to point out that nobody said the bold above.

Once again, you are injecting your words into someone else's.

You really think that was intended to be a direct quote from somebody (as opposed to a paraphrase that I just so happen to put into quotes so that it would be clear that I wasn't speaking in the first person)?  

Come on man. doh! Now you're just reaching.  

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

Come on man. doh! Now you're just reaching.  

It's not reaching. You're accusing people of specifically saying "I know better than you" when nobody did, of having personal agendas ( certainly don't - if you're accusing me, then what is my agenda?) and trying to manipulate the market.

In fact, using record prices  for upgradeable copies (and ignoring those copies that didn't set records) and then trying to establish that as a new range is market manipulation.

1 minute ago, SC22 said:

He/She is certainly no Gator!! Gator cares about us collectors and gladly shares information without all the blabla that he/she does.

I think Vintagecomics  (aka Roy) is very knowledgeable as well and brings a whole lot of value to the boards.  I may not agree with some of his opinions or methods of delivery all the time, but he is definitely an asset, and I hope you two can bury the hatchet because these boards are supposed to be fun after all.  :foryou:

-J.

4 minutes ago, SC22 said:

He/She is certainly no Gator!! Gator cares about us collectors and gladly shares information without all the blabla that he/she does.

I've been here for 13 years.

Everyone knows who I am and many have met me in person. I'm an open book.

GAtor and I are not only personal friends, we partner up on deals and we also happen to share the same opinion on AF #15 pricing.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

29 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I would not buy from you.....never!! I would gladly buy from Gator!! I don't need a side order of drama with my order!!

Your loss.  I bought my first copy of Fantastic Four #1 from Roy.  I was thrilled with the comic, happy with the price, and satisfied with the transaction without qualification.

Edited by namisgr

11 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Fwiw as I understand it the buyer of the CC 4.5 and 5.0 was the same person, not a dealer, and I don't think bought with the intention or intends to crack/press/resub. 

Thank you for clearing that up.  (thumbsu

I never believed the buyer of those books had any intention of doing that either.  

-J.

2 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

When buying a copy online through a scan- does a potential buyer worry about the gray background actually gray or it's become yellowish.  The current cc 7.5 (yellowish) vs cc 6.5(grayish).... That's my conclusion since both came from the same scanning source.  Any thoughts out there on this topic?

You are the only person in all the years I've been selling that thinks the gray background matters.  But hey,  something new to add to my customer perk list.

8 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

You are the only person in all the years I've been selling that thinks the gray background matters.  But hey,  something new to add to my customer perk list.

Really, it's always a thing thas bothered me, the gray becoming yellowish.  A gray gray and nice red red  is :cloud9:

Edited by Spiderturtle

2 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Ok but just an fyi I've bought and sold the 7.5 that is currently up for sale in the comiconnect auction twice.  

Were these quick flips or sales years apart?

2 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Ok but just an fyi I've bought and sold the 7.5 that is currently up for sale in the comiconnect auction twice.  

Since you've actually seen it in person is the scan representive of the gray background or has it turned yellowish gray?

17 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Clean grays are a plus for me. Look at the difference in these books esp the toning in the grays.

AF15 Screensaver.jpg

11.jpg