• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Waited more 24h. Waited 4 business days actually, nada was the end result

Wow...that's really odd. When I pay for grader's notes, normally no less than 24 hours (one business day). You should get your notes or a grader's note refund and this is a high profile book.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

7 minutes ago, SC22 said:

+2

Hulk 1 has fallen way behind in 7.5 and lower. Wonder when it will start making a run....if it does make a run that is.

Hulk 1 has under perform AF15...at this rate AF15 is 1.5+X more than H1 in most grades.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

3 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Hulk 1 has under perform AF15...at this rate AF15 is 1.5+X more than H1 in most grades.

Seems like it so far kind of hard to believe Hulk 1 has not picked up at all just seems weird when they are like AC1 and TEC27. Those 2 books ''always'' gave a run at each other. Maybe I was wrong in comparing them to AF15 and Hulk 1.

Edited by SC22

1 minute ago, SC22 said:

Seems like it so far kind of hard to believe Hulk 1 has not picked up at all just seems weird when they are like AC1 and TEC27. Those 2 books ''always'' gave a run at each other. Maybe I was wrong in comparing them to AF15 and Hulk 1.

Since 2010, in the old AF15 Club, I mention AF15 is like the Mickey Mantle 52 Topps and Action 1 is the Honus Wagner T206. An Action 1 3.0 detached cover sold a few months ago for almost half million.

25 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

giphy.gif

Yeah woww I never knew I had such powers....I must be a X-Men....there's no way the market would have moved without me using my will....lollll!!

Imagine what I could do if professor X-Men helped me channel those powers I bet I could get any old comic book to be worth a FORTUNE (I am buying as many Howard The Ducks #1 as I can get my gready little fingers on.....here comes the money train)!! Oh this is soooo cool I am going to be so so rich!! Lolllll hahahaha....Ahhh the non sens some people believe in.....what garbage!!

Yodaaaaaaaaaa I can feel the force growing in my veins exponentially ahhhhh such power.....what a bunch of crock!!

Edited by SC22

21 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
26 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Waited more 24h. Waited 4 business days actually, nada was the end result

Wow...that's really odd. When I pay for grader's notes, normally no less than 24 hours (one business day). You should get your notes or a grader's note refund and this is a high profile book.

Call them and let them know what happened.

They had onsite grading in Chicago last weekend and that really sets them back. They may have been overlooked.

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Call them and let them know what happened.

They had onsite grading in Chicago last weekend and that really sets them back. They may have been overlooked.

Thanks, i got the same impression.  But unfortunately bree at cgc confirmed the bad news.  Rather have the notes then my $10 refund

11 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Thanks, i got the same impression.  But unfortunately bree at cgc confirmed the bad news.  Rather have the notes then my $10 refund

Sorry, I missed that you called them.

If the 7.5 goes to 6 figures...man...to go with a .5 selling for like 6500 yesterday on Comic Link. I think it will be more evidence that a frame shift has occurred in the pricing structure for this book. It cant just be upgrade-able and dumb buyers. Like a whole-cloth change in how this book is priced I would think. Im not sure its good for the prospects of new people joining the market. Anyone know of anyone selling this books for 2016 prices above 1.5? like 14k for a 4.0? Like is anyone willing to sell a nice copy of this book at prices below the standard of these new hyped up market? You can tell where the market is at by the cheapest price anyone legit is willing to sell the book unrestored (I think anyway). We have anyone going well under these auction prices at this time on in hand mid grade or higher copies?

47 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

If the 7.5 goes to 6 figures...man...to go with a .5 selling for like 6500 yesterday on Comic Link. I think it will be more evidence that a frame shift has occurred in the pricing structure for this book. It cant just be upgrade-able and dumb buyers. Like a whole-cloth change in how this book is priced I would think. Im not sure its good for the prospects of new people joining the market. Anyone know of anyone selling this books for 2016 prices above 1.5? like 14k for a 4.0? Like is anyone willing to sell a nice copy of this book at prices below the standard of these new hyped up market? You can tell where the market is at by the cheapest price anyone legit is willing to sell the book unrestored (I think anyway). We have anyone going well under these auction prices at this time on in hand mid grade or higher copies?

The current ha 6.0 and 4.0 and upcoming cl may auction should stabilize the pricing structure

All I know is that I'm feeling a bit disheartened. I have awful timing. I starting hunting a 4.0 AF15 about two months ago, before this current price spike. I missed the last 4.0 Ebay auction as the underbidder by just a couple hundred bucks (could've been more, who knows what the winning bidder bid). So, I look to ComicConnect and start to think the sky is falling at $30.5k. I've found a couple of other copies locally, but no one wants to sell because they think a 4.0 is now worth $30k. A 30% jump in value in a matter of weeks. I'm pissed. If the values hold, I'll understand it. I'll get it, but I won't like it. I'll have to start searching for a 3.0 range copy now... for what I was expecting to pay for a 4.0 only 6-8 weeks ago. Hell...

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Anyone know of anyone selling this books for 2016 prices above 1.5? like 14k for a 4.0? Like is anyone willing to sell a nice copy of this book at prices below the standard of these new hyped up market?

Didn't we just have several posts by board members here that there were quite a few AF 15's at the Chicago Con this past weekend and apparently none of them sold?  :gossip:

Even though some of them were apparently priced at only 2016 prices.  (shrug)

6 hours ago, SC22 said:
6 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I think the 7.5 will stop at $95k and the 6.5 will stop at $65k.

-J.

Could be we will see.

I highly doubt it'll stop at these dollars as posted here since the 2 books in question are already at $92.2K and $60K respectively, with still another 4 days plus the extended auction bidding time left to go.  :flipbait:

Just curious about that 9.6 that sold privately for 1.1 mil. It was talked shortly there after that due to 2 more 9.6s joining the census, that it would be a catastrophic loss should the owner ever try to sell. Well how about now? In this current surge in price across the board? Does it reach the 9.6 book(s)?

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Didn't we just have several posts by board members here that there were quite a few AF 15's at the Chicago Con this past weekend and apparently none of them sold?  :gossip:

To clear this up for posterity as someone who is now aware of what the askings were for the 5.5 and the 6.5 - the 5.5 in Chicago was at current market 2017 pricing (well, current for post last CC sales); the 6.5 was below market for 2017 pricing (and closer to pricing prior to last CC sales) but was not priced at 2016 pricing.  

As further evidence of the trickle down effect, it was also notable to see the AF #15 CGC 3.0 sell for 16K on CL last night.  That 3.0 was aggressively priced, by a national dealer who attends most major shows, prior to the last CC sales and wound up selling for a fair amount above what the last asking was before it was consigned to CL (which was right after the last CC sales).  Putting CC sales aside, 16K for a 3.0 is a big number.  You could get a just as nice (ow pages or better, no mc) 4.0 for that number not that long ago.

Edited by dem1138

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:
9 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Anyone know of anyone selling this books for 2016 prices above 1.5? like 14k for a 4.0? Like is anyone willing to sell a nice copy of this book at prices below the standard of these new hyped up market?

Like, can someone give me the name of a dealer selling an AF 15 4.0 unrestored for 17k?  Thats the 2016 pricing, if these CC and CL and HA sales are outliers or copies that can be upgraded, shouldn't I be able to find a 4.0 today for that price? Or at least under 20k with average PQ and Chipping? Thats what I cant understand. Im not a "take sides" guy but there seems to be 2 very clear camps here.

1. This is upgradeable book sales and outliers with maybe 10-15% price increase over the last 4 months.

2. There is a frame shift in how AF15 is priced and for how much its priced. The market has almost doubled in the last 6 months. 

There are some people trying to find the middle, and thats probably best way...but on some level either "A" or "B" has/is occurring. I think the quickest way is to find who is selling average PQ unrestored 3-4.5 copies of the book close to 2016 price averages. If they don't exist, its probably more likely option 2 is more accurate. If they do exist, Option 1 is more correct.  Anyone have any evidence for either?

9 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I think it will be more evidence that a frame shift has occurred in the pricing structure for this book. It cant just be upgrade-able and dumb buyers.

I want to make sure I'm not being misunderstood here because I was the one that initiated the conversation about books that upgrade.

I didn't say and I don't believe that every AF #15 (or any other book) that goes for a record price is upgradeable.

But I do believe that at least 2 (and likely 3) of the 3 record price books in the CC auction were upgradeable (I think it's worth noting that there were several other books that did not sell for record prices).

And I have stated from the beginning that I do believe that a sudden price surge like this can cause a new rise in prices if the market chooses to accept the new prices as a new range for FMV.

As far as 'dumb buyers', if buyers aren't privy to this discussion then they're not as informed as those that are privy to this discussion. That's not 'dumb' that's just a lack of knowledge.

Just now, VintageComics said:

I want to make sure I'm not being misunderstood here because I was the one that initiated the conversation about books that upgrade.

I didn't say and I don't believe that every AF #15 (or any other book) that goes for a record price is upgradeable.

But I do believe that at least 2 (and likely 3) of the 3 record price books in the CC auction were upgradeable (I think it's worth noting that there were several other books that did not sell for record prices).

And I have stated from the beginning that I do believe that a sudden price surge like this can cause a new rise in prices if the market chooses to accept the new prices as a new range for FMV.

As far as 'dumb buyers', if buyers aren't privy to this discussion then they're not as informed as those that are privy to this discussion. That's not 'dumb' that's just a lack of knowledge.

Fair enough, uninformed buyers.