• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Never married I knew not to go down that road a long time ago....I don't know anyone that likes been married especially the men!! Give, give and from then on out it's take, take and take not for me....they don't give you much and to me it's not worth it!! I would not even pay 5$ on that so called ''investment''!! Hiding from someone to enjoy a hobby give me a royal break....seriously....I am a adult why in the world would I chose that over freedom!!

You may change your mind by the time you're old enough to get married...

5 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Never married I knew not to go down that road a long time ago....I don't know anyone that likes been married especially the men!! Give, give and from then on out it's take, take and take not for me....they don't give you much and to me it's not worth it!! I would not even pay 5$ on that so called ''investment''!! Hiding from someone to enjoy a hobby give me a royal break....seriously....I am a adult why in the world would I chose that!!

Many times guys are joking about hiding the hobby from the wife. My wife approves of me in the hobby. When I got a nice offer on my book (and temporary sold it), she made me "unsell" it. She knows the love I have for the hobby.

And some guys don't joke they really do hide it I think. 2c

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

You may change your mind by the time you're old enough to get married...

I am almost 40 so no thank you!! Never ever going to do that....I prefer the company of my pets....they are happy and always full of love!!

Edited by SC22

5 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Many times guys are joking about hiding the hobby from the wife. My wife approves of me in the hobby. When I got a nice offer on my book (and temporary sold it), she made me "unsell" it. She knows the love I have for the hobby.

And some guys don't joke they really do hide it I think. 2c

Hey you guys like been married so enjoy it....when you know it's not for you why do it....it would be a huge mistake and a waste of time and yes a lot of money. I don't want kids and I don't want to be in a relationship I am more than fine with those 2 things....actually way past fine!! But hey whatever rocks your boat....hey for most people that is what life is about....but for some it's not.

Edited by SC22

16 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Never married I knew not to go down that road a long time ago....I don't know anyone that likes been married especially the men!! Give, give and from then on out it's take, take and take not for me....they don't give you much and to me it's not worth it!! I would not even pay 5$ on that so called ''investment''!! Hiding from someone to enjoy a hobby give me a royal break....seriously....I am a adult why in the world would I chose that over freedom!!

I think every female boardie is cringing

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

I think every female boardie is cringing

Who cares!! Let them cringe!! I am not worried in the least bit about that.

Edited by SC22

24 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Dem has already stated that he knows the buyer of the two mid grade copies at the CC auction that sold and has directly disputed all of your assumptions about those two lonesome sales.  

Also, how would you then explain the multiple sales of 6.5 copies that happened a year before the CC auction for $50k+, that were more than 20 grand higher than any prior sale in that grade ?

-J.

Just to be clear, I knew of the buyer, I don't know him personally.  But Roy can reinforce what I wrote because he put on his PI cap and found out who the buyer was.  So he can speak to this in even greater detail than I can.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

The fact that the 8.5 sold for so much more than it did in the Voldy holder did raise a lot of eyebrows.   

But again, you are ever so slightly changing the direction of the facts (whether unintentional or not, I don't know).

It didn't raise eyebrows because it sold for $150K. It raised eyebrows because it sold months prior in another holder for half that price.

I think Ghosttown's big sale took a lot of people by surprise

It sure did. It shocked me too. I know Barton and I know Josh so I know it was a real sale. But it's important to remember that it was better looking than the Heritage 9.4 even though it was 'only' a 9.2 AND it was an exchange sale and not an auction. Those are both factors that should be weighed.

The panic buying perhaps started with the CC auction

Glad we finally agree.

I am more interested in what triggered the panic buying as a means for discerning future market trends.  

That's easy. just take a few huge arze auction prices and people will take notice. Any person who lives for capitalism will run with that for as hard and long as they can.

If you're trying to predict a price spike like this that came out of nowhere, there's no way of knowing that unless you're involved in the bidding and know how high you are willing to go. If it was so easy everyone would be doing it but most people don't bid like that. As Storms said earlier, most people don't like to be market leaders.

Although I did state last summer that Hulk #1 was looking very attractive and due for a spike. Sorry, can't help bragging a bit. Last time. Promise.  :banana:

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Dem has already stated that he knows the buyer of the two mid grade copies at the CC auction that sold and has directly disputed all of your assumptions about those two lonesome sales.  

Actually, you are again rewriting history again as we covered this. Dem heard about the buyer. I later posted that I know the buyer direcetly and corrected Dem's post because Dem got the grades wrong

The buyer bought the 4.5 (which he said looked amazing for the grade) and the Qualified 5.5 I think it was (can't remember the exact grade).

He did not buy the 5.0 or the 9.0.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Also, how would you then explain the multiple sales of 6.5 copies that happened a year before the CC auction for $50k+, that were more than 20 grand higher than any prior sale in that grade ?

Easy.

6.5 copies were selling right in the pocket of where they should have been selling.

6.0 copies were selling in the high $30's to low $40's and 7.0 copies were selling north of $60K.

The 'more than $20 grand higher than any prior sale' was 2013 sales prices.

Are you using sales prices from 3 years prior to show there was some sort of a spike in 2016?

Come on now.

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

Well, that explains everything to me now.

You treat your women like you do comics - as financial investments.

Mine gives more than she takes. I guess you teach people how to treat you.

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

This thread has officially jumped not only the shark but the killer whale.

Yep, we got em all here...women haters, market manipulators, history re-writers, hype'ers...

2 hours ago, SC22 said:

Do you think the whole world of comic book collecting is on this website (great great website that's not my point) there are tons of collectors that do just that collect on their own outside of the net. Here we are mostly 20 people talking to each other here in the SA section....yes I know many many just read....but I bet not even 5% of all collectors worldwide even bother reading what we write....and 5% is been generous....millions upon millions of people collect worldwide. They do what they please and buy what they want regardless of anything spoken here.

For the record, I'm not railing on you regarding your posts. If you want to keep us apprised of AF15 pricing developments, I'm good with that.