• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Internet pricing is good....and bad. I like the snail's pace that Overstreet adopted decades ago. I enjoy the traditional annual guide (not just the pricing data). I still like frozen concentrated OJ, too.

In reading the last few pages of posts, looks like you've got bigger fish to fry.

Nah.  I'm good. lol

-J.

12 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Exactly, what is the point of any of this constant financial chatter. Listen to your own advice. 

I am listing current sales so that people know whats going on not everyone follows auction houses. Do I cover every single sale no....I cover only the 3-4 auctions houses I follow. If it can help someone even one person out there that is my goal.

Edited by SC22

3 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I am listing current sales so that people know whats going on not everyone follows auction houses. Do I cover every single sale no....I cover only the 3-4 auctions houses I follow. If it can help someone even one person out there that is my goal.

Come on, so now you are claiming to be a great humanitarian with all this ?  Explain to us how your constant pimping of the book is helping anyone. Sure, it makes those holding the book smile but how exactly does it help anyone ? 

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Come on, so now you are claiming to be a great humanitarian with all this ?  Explain to us how your constant pimping of the book is helping anyone. Sure, it makes those holding the book smile but how exactly does it help anyone ? 

I like to smile.  :shy:

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

I don't know the exact official sale date of SC22's purchase of his 6.5 AF 15 for $35k but it would have been sometime in Nov. 2016 If I'm not mistaken. 

I will go on record and say that there is no way an AF #15 CGC 6.5 for $35K sat on Comiclink without being purchased.

Do you know how I know that? Because I bought a CGC 6.0 for resale for roughly that price at the same time and I thought I got a bargain.

That CGC 6.5 for $35K would have been snatched up in the blink of an eye at that price by a dealer or an astute collector.

50 minutes ago, SC22 said:

What is the point of knowing the date I purchased my AF15 who really cares. I paid 35 000$ and again who really cares!!

:facepalm:

It matters because we are trying to establish a timeline with sales as data points.

When you bought your AF #15 CGC 6.5 for $35K from Comiclink is one of the points that jaydogrule's debate hinges on.

So when did you buy your book from Clink?

18 minutes ago, SC22 said:

No, you're pushing the books you own. Why don't you list books like Adventure 247? Showcase 17? Showcase 30? Journey 83? Showcase 6? Strange Tales 110? Green Lantern 1? Our Army at War 83? Do you own these copies? You're pumping your books under the altruistic guise of helping others. 

Don't insult the intelligence of those around here. 

12 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I will go on record and say that there is no way an AF #15 CGC 6.5 for $35K sat on Comiclink without being purchased.

Do you know how I know that? Because I bought a CGC 6.0 for resale for roughly that price at the same time and I thought I got a bargain.

That CGC 6.5 for $35K would have been snatched up in the blink of an eye at that price by a dealer or an astute collector.

:facepalm:

It matters because we are trying to establish a timeline with sales as data points.

When you bought your AF #15 CGC 6.5 for $35K from Comiclink is one of the points that jaydogrule's debate hinges on.

So when did you buy your book from Clink?

I just linked when it sold and when SC22 announced it. It was in May, 2016.  Right as the first CC 6.5 looked like it was being run up.  I know this because I also have a 6.5 and follow those sales very closely.  So Kudos to SC22 to for being more astute than dealers in this instance 

Look it up.  (thumbsu

(And I purchased my copy raw in early 2014 I believe from a reputable boardie and slabbed it myself.)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It's like listening to a hit song over and over again until you get sick of it. AF 15, AF 15, AF 15, AF 15, AF 15AF 15 etc. etc. etc.

I've had an AF 15 in my collection for nearly 20 years and this is the first time in my more than 10 years on the board that I've ever seen anything like this pumping of a book by anyone. Ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

It's like listening to a hit song over and over again until you get sick of it. AF 15, AF 15, AF 15, AF 15, AF 15AF 15 etc. etc. etc.

I've had an AF 15 in my collection for nearly 20 years and this is the first time in my more than 10 years on the board that I've ever seen anything like this pumping of a book by anyone. Ridiculous.

I don't think the guy hears well either.

26 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I just linked when it sold and when SC22 announced it. It was in May, 2016.  Right as the first CC 6.5 looked like it was being run up.  I know this because I also have a 6.5 and follow those sales very closely.  So Kudos to SC22 to for being more astute than dealers in this instance 

Look it up.  (thumbsu

(And I purchased my copy raw in early 2014 I believe from a reputable boardie and slabbed it myself.)

-J.

OK, I was going to take your word for it but the detective in me decided to research it. Here's what I found.

Posted June 6, 2016

On 2016-06-06 at 9:34 PM, SupergirlDC1959 said:

The AF15 CGC 6.5 on ComicConnect just sold for 48 888$!! I am very glad I purchased mine about 6 months ago for 35 000$ (mine has a minor chip on the front and that is it....plus it has Off-White Pages the one that just sold has Cream to Off-White Pages)!!

Yes that would probably be the second time he mentioned his purchase.  The first was in May, 2016 shortly after he bought it, in the link I already posted earlier.  That's when he bought it. Right when the first  CC 6.5 copy was being run up (shortly after the 9.4 sale). 

We know this because this is when he first started taking about AF 15's so frequently. "I" know this because I was watching the book and PM'd him a "congrats" shortly after he announced he bought it and even counseled him then that he shouldn't run around advertising what he paid for his books all the time.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

No, you're pushing the books you own. Why don't you list books like Adventure 247? Showcase 17? Showcase 30? Journey 83? Showcase 6? Strange Tales 110? Green Lantern 1? Our Army at War 83? Do you own these copies? You're pumping your books under the altruistic guise of helping others. 

Don't insult the intelligence of those around here. 

I do with SC4, FF1, ASM1 and others and I don't own those. So no I am not pushing my books as you may think. I just want people to know what a certain book ended for that is it. AF15 does not need pushing it grows on it's own.

Edited by SC22

52 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

I don't think the guy hears well either.

I think you guys like to gang up on people so you guys can run the show here and make it into what suits you guys best....well this is a free site anyone and everyone has the right to be here and write what they like you are not the owners of the site but sure like to act like it.

Edited by SC22

8 hours ago, SC22 said:

Trying to find friends....with the same people who keep blasting you on a daily basis. Why don't you stand up on your own and be a you know what.....it's starts with a ''M''!!

Like Sand Through The Hourglass... So Are The Days Of Our Lives

It'll be interesting to see how much people "love owning this book" when prices inevitably correct and it starts costing people real money to hold on to it.  At that point, we'll see who's really in it for the love, and who's motivations are more financial than they may be willing to admit to themselves while prices are rising.

As to when it may correct and from what level, I will not hazard to speculate publicly, other than to say that Squeggs is right on - this is a textbook bubble where prices are rising from already lofty levels simply because prices are rising, with no fundamental justification whatsoever. NOTHING that has been said here to justify the price increases this year was unknown 6 months ago at lower price levels.  

Some people are buying for speculation, others are buying for fear of missing out, but, the one thing they all agree on is that AF 15 is bulletproof and one cannot get hurt over the long term by buying it at any price and hanging on.  

13 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

It'll be interesting to see how much people "love owning this book" when prices inevitably correct and it starts costing people real money to hold on to it.  At that point, we'll see who's really in it for the love, and who's motivations are more financial than they may be willing to admit to themselves while prices are rising.

As to when it may correct and from what level, I will not hazard to speculate publicly, other than to say that Squeggs is right on - this is a textbook bubble where prices are rising from already lofty levels simply because prices are rising, with no fundamental justification whatsoever. NOTHING that has been said here to justify the price increases this year was unknown 6 months ago at lower price levels.  

Some people are buying for speculation, others are buying for fear of missing out, but, the one thing they all agree on is that AF 15 is bulletproof and one cannot get hurt over the long term by buying it at any price and hanging on.  

So your're saying the bubble will burst, not "if" but "when"?

10 hours ago, Aman619 said:

No.  It's like an ongoing party.  All kinds of people show up. The ones who stay and make friends all learn to get along with each other, coexist in the same room by following the same rules we follow in the real world.  Be civil, avoid arguments . Listen to what others are saying , even about you.  And if lots of people are commenting on your poor behavior and people skills, it's not them, it's you.  If this were a real party where we look everyone in the eyes, and feel the shame of being saying things that are not received well, you'd have changed your tack , or left the party.  But it's the internet, so you're able to close your laptop, and come back and fire off more tone deaf posts and feel just fine about it.  While the rest have to ignore you or implore you to wake up, enjoy the party and the conversations, etc.

ive been here since 2003.  Seen many many oddballs blast onto the scene relishing in their posting style and bombastic online created persona, and the fuss they stir up and the resistance they seem to crave.  At some point they all leave because they realize -- why be "that guy" at the party?

and then the next joker shows up. Rinse and repeat.  It's tedious, but mostly the embarrassment one feels witnessing the same sorry spectacle over and over again.  This is what people here have been trying to get you to understand.  But hey, you're having fun right? That's all that counts on the internet.

Great post. Never heard of it like this. I vote this post be put in every thread where there is a disruptive party-goer who can't handle their booze and get the hint. (thumbsu

Edited by peewee22

12 hours ago, SC22 said:

I think you guys like to gang up on people so you guys can run the show here and make it into what suits you guys best....

This sentence is a classic example of how you react, immediately start typing, and hit enter before reading it. Read it yourself, it's a ridiculously structured sentence, sounding very immature. 'You guys' used 3 times in the same sentence ? I think it's time to take a step back, take a short sabbatical, change your name, and come back here with a better attitude.