• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

With the worldwide popularity of Marvel Movies, have foreign collectors/investors been tapping into rare high end comics like AF15?  If so, how much?  Are we competing with them in a lot of these auctions?  Are a lot of AF15s leaving the country.  Just curious.

There have been non-American collectors since the dawn of the hobby.

With globalization I'd expect there to be an increase in internet commerce but I don't think some person in a communist country is all of a sudden in need of a mega copy of AF #15.

If anything they don't care much about the character and are buying expensive collectibles as a store of wealth in the same way they buy North American real estate at a rabid pace. They're not buying real estate because they love North America. They're buying it because they love the fact that their respective governments can't access their money once they are spent over here.

16 hours ago, SC22 said:
16 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

So that definitely makes you an authority over those that have been for 40+ years.

Yes it does it's a long time especially when you follow certain hobbies almost every single day since that time period and have spoken to so many dealers over that time as well.

I'm always doubtful of anyone who proclaims themselves an expert on the internet. The proof is in the pudding and there's a lot of pudding in this thread.

lol

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

With the worldwide popularity of Marvel Movies, have foreign collectors/investors been tapping into rare high end comics like AF15?  If so, how much?  Are we competing with them in a lot of these auctions?  Are a lot of AF15s leaving the country.  Just curious.

A friend told me not terribly long ago a prominent US auction house was 'touring' Europe. Seeting up 'a la carte' meetings with interested parties. They would hardly do that if not there was some meet on that bone.?

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

There have been non-American collectors since the dawn of the hobby.

With globalization I'd expect there to be an increase in internet commerce but I don't think some person in a communist country is all of a sudden in need of a mega copy of AF #15.

If anything they don't care much about the character and are buying expensive collectibles as a store of wealth in the same way they buy North American real estate at a rabid pace. They're not buying real estate because they love North America. They're buying it because they love the fact that their respective governments can't access their money once they are spent over here.

So true. Just come to New York City and you'll see luxury properties that are being purchased by foreign entities at unbelievable prices. They're not buying for love of America.

Guys I'm looking to track down a certain copy of AF15 that I really would like to inquiry on to buy. It's a 1.0 copy that sold on heritage auctions back in 2010 or 2009 it's a blue label and the number is 0912114001

Here is a link to the pic:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fr-10-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/19042-12026.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

if anyone on this board owns it or knows who does please contact me! Thanks so much 

1 hour ago, LSN said:

Guys I'm looking to track down a certain copy of AF15 that I really would like to inquiry on to buy. It's a 1.0 copy that sold on heritage auctions back in 2010 or 2009 it's a blue label and the number is 0912114001

Here is a link to the pic:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-fr-10-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/19042-12026.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

if anyone on this board owns it or knows who does please contact me! Thanks so much 

It's a nice looking 1.0 from the front. There's a nice 1.0 on Heritage right now for the grade.

Good luck with your search!

Edited by Philreal

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I'm always doubtful of anyone who proclaims themselves an expert on the internet. The proof is in the pudding and there's a lot of pudding in this thread.

lol

Laugh all you want I knew (you get that feeling when you have been in a hobby for so long at least some of us do) AF15 was going to have a explosion in value and I also knew many of the final sale prices would be much higher than what some others here estimated certain AF15's where going to sell for.

But you as a dealer should you not have seen this coming I mean seriously!! But in the end you did not and you got caught off guard so much for been the eyes and ears of the hobby and supposedly knowing better than us collectors!! In the end dealers don't always know best!!

Now you as a ''internet expert'' you are here everyday saying no no this is ludicrous and keep saying this price surge is a huge bubble it can't because you did not foresee it!! But but it never happened before in the hobby so it's impossible....never say never in life....lesson learned.

Edited by SC22

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yeah Roy, you don't know sh%t! The Authority has spoken. Bow on your way out ....

He knows most likely a lot but saying to me I know nothing is insulting just as if he said that to you. 30 years of almost been in this hobby has brought me a great deal of knowledge. It's not because we are collectors and not dealers that we know less.

Edited by SC22

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Do you need a hug ? I know I do.

It's wise to have a Bank Safe Deposit Box for comics and other valuables. It's fun to learn about their history, too. 

I just want to make friends and share my Bank Safe Deposit Box knowledge with others. 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

It's wise to have a Bank Safe Deposit Box for comics and other valuables. It's fun to learn about their history, too. 

I just want to make friends and share my Bank Safe Deposit Box knowledge with others. 

Yup, quite a few past threads on the subject. Interesting too.

Edited by Gotham Kid

31 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Not for him no. I will no longer fight here on the forum I will always from now on report a member trying to cause trouble for me or insulting me. No more taking the abuse I am going straight to the moderators.

Some of you guys where warned not to long ago to leave me alone yet some of you continue to cause problems.

I don't understand your new attitude at all. You accuse us of bullying you, threatening to notify the mods to get people banned.  If you ask me, you are baiting, something the mods don't approve of either. You say the most ridiculous things and as soon as someone reacts you hit the mod button. That is baiting. You are the one that should be banned. Many of us have tried to be nice to you but to not avail.  Please leave.

Just now, SC22 said:

Reported.

You do know that this is in Porcupine48's sig line??? I merely meant it would be a cool DP. Please do not assume that every comment is directed at you. I for one, will not engage you anymore as I find it very stressful so please leave me alone and do not reply to my comments. I have not directed one comment at you today and you are trying to antagonize me. I want to steer clear of all of your drama.

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't understand your new attitude at all. You accuse us of bullying you, threatening to notify the mods to get people banned.  If you ask me, you are baiting, something the mods don't approve of either. You say the most ridiculous things and as soon as someone reacts you hit the mod button. That is baiting. You are the one that should be banned. Many of us have tried to be nice to you but to not avail.  Please leave.

I wish I could like this post multiple times.