• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Bigsexy said:

IMG_0146.PNG.d3f22b038b4b1c9b5dfef2b3b5bI was looking into cva myself , here is their submission price list

Ok, so grading a book like this with a CVA sticker would be $6000. ... Any serious buyer doesn't need a cva sticker to tell them the book looks good for the assigned grade.  How long is it going to be before CGC comes up with something like this on their own?  

29 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Ok, so grading a book like this with a CVA sticker would be $6000. ... Any serious buyer doesn't need a cva sticker to tell them the book looks good for the assigned grade.  How long is it going to be before CGC comes up with something like this on their own?  

Max is $3,000

8 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Max is $3,000

Honestly, I don't need a sticker to tell me that my book is exceptional. When the auction lady brought my potential book to me to view at HA-Dallas in Aug 2011 (pre auction), I knew it was exceptional.

Edited by peewee22

7 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Honestly, I don't need a sticker to tell me that my book is exceptional. When the auction lady brought my potential book to me to view at HA-Dallas in Aug 2011 (pre auction), I knew it was exceptional.

Your 8.0 is at $250k give or take like i said before the end of auction

26 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

lol

Strong price, with two 8.0's auctions only a few months a part. lol I had a conversation with Doug and I say that it will end around 235K and max 250K.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Wonder if now that 2 folks that want 8.0s are "out" if a third came to auction this week, where would it end hm

Edited by G.A.tor

31 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Wonder if now that 2 folks that want 8.0s are "out" if a third came to auction this week, where would it end hm

A 3rd 8.0 if it came to auction in august will still be  $250k book give or take :wink:.   Theres a few underbidders not just 1 leftover

Edited by Spiderturtle

33 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

A 3rd 8.0 if it came to auction in august will still be  $250k book give or take :wink:.   Theres a few underbidders not just 1 leftover

I'd say 220

9 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I'd say 220

I'd say 210-220 (thumbsu were a third 8.0 to be auctioned in the upcoming months ( before year's end )

Edited by Gotham Kid

45 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Just like GAtor I'd say "take". Where were they on the second run ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'd say 210-220 (thumbsu were a third 8.0 to be auctioned in the upcoming months ( before year's end )

This copier was nicer , imo, than the 260k copy and it went for 10% less. Underbidder was 225. So that's approx value if another came up now...imo

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This copier was nicer , imo, than the 260k copy and it went for 10% less. Underbidder was 225. So that's approx value if another came up now...imo

I'm also considering the fact that if yet another 8.0 were to quickly make the scene, the psychological effect of "scarcity in 8.0" also would come into play.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, peewee22 said:
8 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Well, as someone who just obtained a 5.0 that got some complements as potentially "exceptional" for its grade, I suppose I could pursue getting the CVA label on it.  But again, it's only on ComicLink that I've seen any attention paid to it, so I can't tell if there's real value there.  I don't understand how they decide whether to award their label, so I worry that it might be a bit arbitrary.

Trust me, I'm not trying to come on too strong with the skepticism ... I am genuinely interested in whether this would somehow enhance the value of my book.

Look into it and let us know the process. I have no idea who or where to send it. 

I thought CVA was a separate company (Comic Verification Authority??) that the majority of the board members here laughed off as nothing more than a silly concept.  I thought this lack of acceptance by the general marketplace was one of the reasons why they did not last and ended up closing their doors.  (shrug)

Are you guys now saying they are still alive and kicking and still affixing their stickers on superior looking copies of books relative to their assigned grades?  ???