• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bigsexy said:

I'm in Canada and can't find it when I search so I presume he has it listed as " doesn't ship internationally " so I need a direct link to view it

Sometimes Ebay will default to Ebay.ca if you are in Canada instead of Ebay.com so you won't see all of the listings if you are on Ebay.ca

21 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I think that if the 8.5 had not been to market twice in such a short period of time it would have been stronger as it was a $125K book 4-5 years ago when I was offered a copy.

Then you probably should have snapped it up the first time it was available on Heritage as a first to market book for only $77K in August of last year.  :gossip:

Looks like this turned out to be an amazingly fantastic price considering that it was $36K or at a whopping 32% discount to condition guide and also close to a $50K drop from what you was willing to pay for a similar graded copy 4 or 5 years ago.  (shrug)

It's simply amazing how fast the mindset of collectors/investors can change on a book because I can still clearly remember virtually all board members here laughing about what a silly and ridiculous price to be paid for that book and how the foolish buyer was going to lose not only his shirt on the book, but also his pants at the same time.  Not so much, I guess.  lol

But it's definitely interesting to compared this sentiment of the bandwagon jumpers from less than a year ago with the current prevailing one that this book simply will never ever crash and burn or possibly even come down in price.  :preach:

Any idea what that copy would go for in today's over-hyped and over-inflated marketplace.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

Hmm, ok took a look at it. Decent not special PQ, Lots of chipping, and pretty legit overall 3.5 wear.  It was an auction with 27 bids, top 3 bidders all appear to be legit with feedbacks from 300-2200+ all bidding over 18k.

So, considering ebay seems to be the place stuff goes for low market, thats probably the baseline for average chipped up 3.5 prices, which probably means 18.5-20k is probably the range for chipped up AF15 depending on source.

4.0 is the first major jump, looks like 30-35k depending on chips or not is the range now on that book

The 4.5-6.0 seems to be in flux.  Most of the CC auction and CL auction results not showing up in that grade range, so data is sorta old on GPA but i would assume this puts it as such.

1. 4.5 at 33-40k depending on chipping.

2. 5.0 at 45-52k depending on chipping.

3. 5.5 at 45-55k depending on chipping.

4. 6.0 at 55-65k depending on chipping.

This appear to be the new ranges to other folks?

43 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Hmm, ok took a look at it. Decent not special PQ, Lots of chipping, and pretty legit overall 3.5 wear.  It was an auction with 27 bids, top 3 bidders all appear to be legit with feedbacks from 300-2200+ all bidding over 18k.

You've got to close your eyes and picture that book without spine roll. It's a steal. 

you know, the more i look at it the more I think you are right it hasnt been pressed. The pages are still completely flush with the cover, its just hard to tell that because of the chipping. Maybe this does press to 4.0 actually.

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

you know, the more i look at it the more I think you are right it hasnt been pressed. The pages are still completely flush with the cover, its just hard to tell that because of the chipping. Maybe this does press to 4.0 actually.

I can tell the book hasn't been pressed...yet 

On 7/31/2017 at 8:58 AM, zhamlau said:

So, considering ebay seems to be the place stuff goes for low market, thats probably the baseline for average chipped up 3.5 prices, which probably means 18.5-20k is probably the range for chipped up AF15 depending on source.

4.0 is the first major jump, looks like 30-35k depending on chips or not is the range now on that book

The 4.5-6.0 seems to be in flux.  Most of the CC auction and CL auction results not showing up in that grade range, so data is sorta old on GPA but i would assume this puts it as such.

eBay is best place to sell certains books. Most of my sales come from eBay, and from CGC books 1975-now my auctions outperform GPA more often than not. 

19 hours ago, nWo_22 said:
On 7/31/2017 at 11:58 AM, zhamlau said:

eBay is best place to sell certains books. Most of my sales come from eBay, and from CGC books 1975-now my auctions outperform GPA more often than not. 

You are the 2nd person to tell me that. I have a pile of 8.0-9.4 70's marvel hero books and i was thinking of trading them em bulk to one dealer for a piece of art because I thought Ebay might not be worthwhile. But it sounds like mid-high grade marvel bronze sells ok there?

On 7/31/2017 at 8:50 PM, Dark Knight said:

Also a possibility the seller will back out of selling the book.. It sold for a steal of a price. Was thinking at least $25k for it.

this might sound dumb, but can a seller do that on ebay without repercussions once an auction has ended? i thought one could only back out before it ends. 

13 hours ago, Dork Buzz said:

Original, pressed, signed. 

That press just gained you about $4000 in value.  Nice!!!  Way to go!!!!! :golfclap:  Your page quality went up a notch too.

The sig..... hmmmm, personally I don't think a "Gold" sharpie was the right choice, but that's just me.  The CGC grading banner is cool.  Does that one cost more or does it come with the SS service?

Edited by gadzukes