• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

1.8 is a generous grade for that comic I think.  The staples are super rusted with bad rust migration to all of the pages.  The cgc label doesn't even mention that the cover is detached.  Stains on every page.  Does that sig look real?

Edited by gadzukes

On 8/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, alexander gross said:

this might sound dumb, but can a seller do that on ebay without repercussions once an auction has ended? i thought one could only back out before it ends. 

I'm sure there will be repercussions for not going through with a sale. For one, the buyer can leave a negative feedback and a strike against him as a seller.

3 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I'll never have an autographed Stan Lee anything. When was the last time new price records were broken with Stan Lee's autograph on it?? 

Wonder when he Will stop defacing  Books with his scriplings? He has not created anything since Kirby left Marvel. Go figure ...

3 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I'll never have an autographed Stan Lee anything. When was the last time new price records were broken with Stan Lee's autograph on it?? 

5 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Wonder when he Will stop defacing  Books with his scriplings? He has not created anything since Kirby left Marvel. Go figure ...

Sorry guys, SS does sell for more for most books/keys (including AF15), see Lauren's market report in this year's Overstreet...

Just facts.

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Sorry guys, SS does sell for more for most books/keys (including AF15), see Lauren's market report in this year's Overstreet...

Just facts.

I personally wouldn't want a Stan Lee signature on one of my big SA keys. BUT I do plan to acquire one SS book with his sig, as an addition to my collection, on a less valuable book. For some reason I think Silver Surfer #1 will look nice with a nicely placed, "clean" signature.

1 hour ago, SECollector said:

I personally wouldn't want a Stan Lee signature on one of my big SA keys. BUT I do plan to acquire one SS book with his sig, as an addition to my collection, on a less valuable book. For some reason I think Silver Surfer #1 will look nice with a nicely placed, "clean" signature.

I have his signature on my CA 100 currently. Although the cover is somewhat busy with all the characters, the placement is not intrusive. 

I would NEVER have any sigs on the cover of any SA key.  What I DO find cool are those books signed back in the 70s and 80s where CGC denotes "Stan Lee 1986 singed on inside splash Panel".  Or from the great Jack "King" Kirby.  Those I find to be truly coveted, since the signatures are authentic and from that time before SS started splashing Sharpie all over the covers of those beautiful books.  Just my 2c

2 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I would NEVER have any sigs on the cover of any SA key.  What I DO find cool are those books signed back in the 70s and 80s where CGC denotes "Stan Lee 1986 singed on inside splash Panel".  Or from the great Jack "King" Kirby.  Those I find to be truly coveted, since the signatures are authentic and from that time before SS started splashing Sharpie all over the covers of those beautiful books.  Just my 2c

You mean like this one?:cloud9:(I know wrong book for the forum, but it's still cool right!)

image.png.ea546f885391ab44d0d15d99ea9c98fd.png

6 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Looks like a 5.5 from the front.  Is there a big flaw on the back cover?

I'd value that on the high side of FMV

i can't find a scan of the back, and the book is in my bank box, but i'm pretty sure the back looks fine. the grade is because of the vertical marks on the top of the pages and some of the creases, i've been told. also been told that those vertical marks won't press out, unfortunately. but i'm glad there's no chipping at least. i think it presents really well. 

41 minutes ago, alexander gross said:

i can't find a scan of the back, and the book is in my bank box, but i'm pretty sure the back looks fine. the grade is because of the vertical marks on the top of the pages and some of the creases, i've been told. also been told that those vertical marks won't press out, unfortunately. but i'm glad there's no chipping at least. i think it presents really well. 

Well, there is the one long diagonal crease, but it looks fairly light.  You've got a great 4.0 there with gorgeous color and no MC.