• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

17K for an 8.0 ? :takeit:

(shrug) I offered mine for sale on the boards first for $18.5K with no takers.  White pages and a vintage 1975 Stan Lee pen signature.  Went fast on consignment.

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

(shrug) I offered mine for sale on the boards first for $18.5K with no takers.  White pages and a vintage 1975 Stan Lee pen signature.  Went fast on consignment.

Now THAT is something I would have loved to own!  Love me some of the splash and first page "in pen" autographs from the 70s and 80s.  :whee:Wish I had seen it for the opportunity.  That Double Quote 8.0 would have also been great.  

22 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Comiclink sold their other 7.0 with "white pages" on the label for  $130k,

From what I understood that book didn't sell.

And it's not on their site any longer.

On 8/15/2017 at 3:10 PM, Spiderturtle said:

current inventory, they're are mine, all paid for.   

:whee::luhv:

image_thumb_jpg_d4b03d4ab61f038249b75ede43dad885.jpg

Since you are not a dealer, just a question for you with regards to your inventory of AF 15's here.

Did you purchase all of these copies of AF 15's because that was your original intent from the start because you are a big Spidey fan or more as a financial hedge or investment?  Or a combination of both reasons?  hm

Just asking since I was talking to the owner of a LCS who told me that he had just picked up another 2 copies of AF 15 (1 low grade and another mid-grade+) during the past 3 weeks to add to a bunch which he already has.  None of them really for sale and also a large majority of them not yet graded.  I also know of other dealers that are sitting on quite a few copies of this same book and yet not actively trying to sell them.

With almost 3,000 copies graded just by CGC alone, including well almost 300 copies at 7.0 and above, plus thousands more ungraded, would collectors and dealers still continue to hold onto their copies if the price starts to plateau or even drop off a bit with future price increases not looking so rosy or guaranteed?  Just wondering if they would see this as a signal to sell or being true collectors, would they simply hold onto their copies knowing full well that the comic book market always moves in cycles and the extended long range outlook would be further increases in price for the book again eventually.  hm

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Since you are not a dealer, just a question for you with regards to your inventory of AF 15's here.

Did you purchase all of these copies of AF 15's because that was your original intent from the start because you are a big Spidey fan or more as a financial hedge or investment?  Or a combination of both reasons?  hm

Just asking since I was talking to the owner of a LCS who told me that he had just picked up another 2 copies of AF 15 (1 low grade and another mid-grade+) during the past 3 weeks to add to a bunch which he already has.  None of them really for sale and also a large majority of them not yet graded.  I also know of other dealers that are sitting on quite a few copies of this same book and yet not actively trying to sell them.

With almost 3,000 copies graded just by CGC alone, including well almost 300 copies at 7.0 and above, plus thousands more ungraded, would collectors and dealers still continue to hold onto their copies if the price starts to plateau or even drop off a bit with future price increases not looking so rosy or guaranteed?  Just wondering if they would see this as a signal to sell or being true collectors, would they simply hold onto their copies knowing full well that the comic book market always moves in cycles and the extended long range outlook would be further increases in price for the book again eventually.  hm

He had said in the past he had a larger collection but owning AF15 in multiples makes him happier. I believe he enjoys Spidey and also owning books that increase in value. He also has a few AS8 in his ''collection''. So I take from that he enjoys Wonder Women as well for the same reasons. Whatever makes him happy like anyone else on these boards is what matters.

Edited by SC22

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Financially i'm ready if the af15 market crashes.  I'm ready to hold onto it for the next 10 years if it crashes.  I see my 7.0, 7.0, and 7.5 as long term hold, but if i get a good deal from a buyer, i'm more than willing to sell it.  The lower grades are fluid but i like to diversify and have lower grades if i need to sell faster(bigger pool of buyers).  I've sold 50 copies 2009, allfor positive gain except for 2.  So 48 out of 50 is pretty good.  

1 minute ago, Spiderturtle said:

Financially i'm ready if the af15 market crashes.  I'm ready to hold onto it for the next 10 years if it crashes.  I see my 7.0, 7.0, and 7.5 as long term hold, but if i get a good deal from a buyer, i'm more than willing to sell it.  The lower grades are fluid but i like to diversify and have lower grades if i need to sell faster(bigger pool of buyers).  I've sold 50 copies 2009, allfor positive gain except for 2.  So 48 out of 50 is pretty good.  

But you enjoy Spidey as well not just the finances that is what I believe what you stated in the past?

10 minutes ago, SC22 said:

But you enjoy Spidey as well not just the finances that is what I believe what you stated in the past?

Yes i enjoy spidey, af15 is the only silver age book that gets me excited.  I tried other silver age books too but none of them got my blood flowing as af15, i tried but i always end up with my one and only love-af15.  I get excited about the lower grades too, just as long as its unrestored.   Dealt with all the major dealers at ond point or another.  Also dealt with many boardie collectors too.  All the money i made from af15 has been poured back into my current inventory.  I also like turtles 1 too therefore i named myself spiderturtle when i joined the boards in 2009.  Big fan of mr gator, been following his expertise since 2009

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Yes i enjoy spidey, af15 is the only silver age book that gets me excited.  I tried other silver age books too but none of them got my blood flowing as af15, i tried but i always end up with my one and only love-af15.  I get excited about the lower grades too, just as long as its unrestored.   Dealt with all the major dealers at ond point or another.  Also dealt with many boardie collectors too.  All the money i made from af15 has been poured back into my current inventory.  I also like turtles 1 too therefore i named myself spiderturtle when i joined the boards in 2009.  Big fan of mr gator, been following his expertise since 2009

And Wonder Women as well I imagine?

52 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

That's just excellent and you are most definitely right that 0.960 is a pretty good batting average to be having.  :golfclap:

I guess I should really be putting you in the camp of a quasi-dealer though if you've move 50 copies of AF 15's since 2009.  lol

I was basically just trying to get some idea of how strong the support for the AF 15 market is at these nosebleed prices since there has been so much talk lately about a bubble.  Hopefully, if all of the other collectors and dealers are willing to hold onto their AF 15's through not only good times, but also during bad times when the book is out of favor and the market on them is either stagnant for an extended period of time or dropping off a bit, then that is definitely a good sign of support for the book.  (thumbsu

If other collectors and dealers start to "cash out" their copies of AF 15's once they see a turnaround in the marketplace for this book, then that is definitely not a good sign of support for the book.  Especially when there are absolute thousands of copies of AF 15's sitting out there in both private collections and dealer inventories.  It's always easy to buy or hold a book in a rising market, but it seems to be a lot harder to get collectors and dealers to do the same thing when the cycle turns.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

32 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

That G.A.tor  might just have more copy's than you.:idea:

Edited by woowoo