• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, yanksarod22 said:

What I was guessing was 

5.0 65k 

5.5 75k

6.0 85k

6.5 100k 

7.0 150k 

am I low......high? Just wondering thanks guys 

Looks like you are assuming a continuing non-stop acceleration in the trajectory of the record prices that we have been seeing with a few of the highlight sales for AF 15's.

With all of the absolute hundreds of already graded copies plus hundreds more raw copies in this condition range, I imagine you will see these prices only if everybody, except for less than 1% of these owners, who already has a copy holds onto their copy. 

Too many copies on the market at the same time will put a damper on the prices to make any further movement upwards.  So, will you be part of the 1% that is trying to cash out at these nosebleed levels or part of the 99% that is trying to support the continuing increase in valuation for AF 15's?  hm

7 hours ago, yanksarod22 said:

What I was guessing was 

5.0 65k 

5.5 75k

6.0 85k

6.5 100k 

7.0 150k 

am I low......high? Just wondering thanks guys 

As you will learn here some believe the book will have a big pullback (30% or so) some think a 10% pullback (like myself) and some think there will be no pullback. There are no certainties so learn as much as you can and make a choice.

Are you low or high well follow the market and see (personally I think all your prices are high but closer in some cases). I am a firm believer that it will continue to increase over time at how much that remains to be determined by the market over the years and decades.

Edited by SC22

17 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

19 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Bob Storms has 7 copies listed on his web site atm. Buy 'em all I say.

Isn't that the 5.0 that went for 57k on CC back in March?

Looks so. Seems the book has appreciated 20K in value since then. Conservative. :eyeroll:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 8/21/2017 at 6:41 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 8/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, Spyderfan said:

On 8/21/2017 at 11:58 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Bob Storms has 7 copies listed on his web site atm. Buy 'em all I say.

Isn't that the 5.0 that went for 57k on CC back in March?

Looks so. Seems the book has appreciated 20K in value since then. Conservative. :eyeroll:

Doesn't anybody hold onto their books for longer than 1 auction cycle time period anymore?  ???

Or are they simply getting the auction house to ship it straight to the other auction house or dealer in order to save on postage charges.  lol

Especially with some of these AF 15's which are almost like a hot potato or a case of musical chairs where nobody wants to get caught without a chair.  hm

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Doesn't anybody hold onto their books for longer than 1 auction cycle time period anymore?  ???

Or are they simply getting the auction house to ship it straight to the other auction house or dealer in order to save on postage charges.  lol

Especially with some of these AF 15's which are almost like a hot potato or a case of musical chairs where nobody wants to get caught without a chair.  hm

Some are in it for the money, some are in it for the hobby love, and some are in it for both. :preach:

When these pieces of stapled paper started selling for 50-60k...it's hard for most not to take that bonus year of salary and sell up. These ain't books you can afford to buy after saving for a year at most. These are fully loaded brand new BMW's in paper form. I begrudge no man for cashing in when the prices go this high.

15 hours ago, yanksarod22 said:

I hope you'll forgive a naive question.  Does HA's 19.5% buyer's premium apply to any offers made on your book?  And if so, doesn't that make it really hard for you to realize the price you're looking for?

EDIT:  I think I may have answered my own question.  Looks like they take a 10% commission instead of charging a BP.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14