• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

No I was not saying that at all.  Cutting one's commission devalues what that individual does, it happens in other industries and was just an example of how knowing all of information is important. 

What I was saying was that GPA should not be reporting sales that they are not 100% satisfied to know all of the information.  A simple post on the boards of Bob sold my book for me and I'm getting paid $50k is not knowing all of the information.

I don't think Glass said he's getting 50K, I think he said the book was sold for 50K, as in what the buyer paid. In that case, that is all GPA would need to know.  

Edited by Bomber-Bob

25 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think Glass said he's getting 50K, I think he said the book was sold for 50K, as in what the buyer paid. In that case, that is all GPA would need to know.  

Maybe gpa can start recording all of the board sales threads too... :idea::insane::ohnoez::screwy:

Then we can move onto craigslist and Facebook and Instagram :banana:

Edited by Iceman399

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

Maybe gpa can start recording all of the board sales threads too... :idea::insane::ohnoez::screwy:

It's crazy the amount of books being traded on Instagram now (even GA and SA). Just bought my first book on Insta a few weeks ago.. and yes even seen some AF 15's for sale on there...

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

Actually, I have heard of personal transactions being reported to GPA, some even from the Boards.  I'd feel more comfortable with Board transactions than some of the 'fake' E-Bay sales being reported. And by 'fake' I mean transactions between different accounts of the same seller. It's just too easy to pump up phony sales on E-Bay and I don't think E-Bay cares as long as they get a fee. 

What makes you think that all of the boardies are legit?  What "verification" should George use?  The "Because I say so" verification?  Not picking on you but how does it become a automated process?  If GPA were mine I would be working with data inputs,  manual is for the birds and too time consuming.  I'm not the only one that wants data fast and easy to use.  

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Glass, first off congrats on both the 'discovery' of this great book and the sale. Also, you did well choosing Bob Storms as your agent, no need to defend that decision. I think I'm just stirring the pot a little here, expounding on some of the financial comments being made. IMO, it's never wise to discuss the specific financials of a transaction, especially on a public forum. Whether it's GPA, the IRS, or the Russians you don't want them to know. I hope you consider this in the future.

I couldn't agree more. 

12 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, this one has been a LONG time coming. My holy grail from 1990 that for some reason I never got back in those days finally came to me.  

I was willing to put up with the Marvel chipping to get the gloss and positives of this copy. :x

IMG_7498.JPG

Very nice!! Do you mean this is the exact book you use to own and found it almost 25 years later? I am thinking this is not the case but would awesome!!

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, this one has been a LONG time coming. My holy grail from 1990 that for some reason I never got back in those days finally came to me.  

I was willing to put up with the Marvel chipping to get the gloss and positives of this copy. :x

IMG_7498.JPG

Congrats Rick! It’s a clean copy with great pq. I’ll miss her. 

2 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

well, just to drive a spike in the corpse, my accountant just indicated that the tax rate on Stamps, cars and collectibles is 28%.

So, no chicken coop for sure.  What house? 

...that's on your profit..... not the total sale. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

But I believe he found it many years ago discarded in the back of a bus so would total sale = profit?

Indeed.  I should probably go way back and look at how much  gas cost to drive to that bus... As I recall, .22 gal. 

5 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

Indeed.  I should probably go way back and look at how much  gas cost to drive to that bus... As I recall, .22 gal. 

Be sure to also factor in the cost to wharehouse it (heat, hydro, property tax, mortgage ) etc ?

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

23 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

...that's on your profit..... not the total sale. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

His is almost all profit. He paid peanuts for it. The commission & other selling fees are deductible.