• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Front cover looks a little weird along the top edge too. Here's the back cover of the 9.4 AF 15, ouch.

af15_9_4_SCS.jpg

Like I posted, I believe you're seeing the shadow of the inner well, and not any bend in the top edge.  I have a number of examples of comics I've scanned that show this scanner artifact.

3 hours ago, namisgr said:
3 hours ago, drbanner said:

Front cover looks a little weird along the top edge too. Here's the back cover of the 9.4 AF 15, ouch.

af15_9_4_SCS.jpg

Like I posted, I believe you're seeing the shadow of the inner well, and not any bend in the top edge.  I have a number of examples of comics I've scanned that show this scanner artifact.

Agreed. It's VERY possible that it's NOT SCS.

3 hours ago, SC22 said:

Would not be surprised if it sells for 500k.

I would be surprised if it sold for $500K. Heck, I'd be surprised if it sold for $400K.

Where are you pulling your numbers from?

6 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I would be surprised if it sold for $500K. Heck, I'd be surprised if it sold for $400K.

Where are you pulling your numbers from?

Why don't you ask others here who have said the same. Personally I don't really care much for what it sells for....it's not mine and I will not be the buyer.

Edited by SC22

8 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

lol one guess where he’s pulling them from

I know it will not sell for 500k (unless someone is ''certain'' it can be ungraded) the estimate is more like 250k to maybe 350k. Unless 2 or 3 guys really have to own it then maybe it may hit the 400k mark. I was just having some fun with some other members here.

Geez can't you guys just laugh it off some times. The 9.4 did not even reach 500k neither did the 9.2 so why would a 9.0 reach that amount.

Edited by SC22

11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'm starting to think the HA 7.0 won't even hit 100.

Wait till the floor/phone/fax bidding starts. It may not reach the last 3 sales in the 130k range but I am pretty sure it will hit 100k.

Edited by SC22

3 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I know it will not sell for 500k (unless someone is ''certain'' it can be ungraded) the estimate is more like 250k to maybe 400k. I was just having some fun with some other members here.

Geez can't you guys just laugh it off some times.

You wrote above that you would not be surprised if it sells for 500K and now you say you KNOW it won’t sell for 500K (shrug)

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

You wrote above that you would not be surprised if it sells for 500K and now you say you KNOW it won’t sell for 500K (shrug)

Just playing around with the other member. It will not hit 500k I know it will not but it may hit 600k hahaha!!

Edited by SC22

2 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Just playing around with the other member. It will not hit 500k I know it will not but it may hit 600k hahaha!!

Maybe if they throw in a ''Baby'' Ruth rookie card in low grade lollll!!

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

That photo is actually the back cover of a previous 9.4 that sold, the corner on the 9.0 is actually up close and personal and impacted...it's not the same "scanner shadow" as on the 9.4 copy (which also looks to have been impacted by the inner well, albeit to a lesser extent).

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

There's a sort of vertical line in the gray to the left of "INTRODUCING" ... do you consider that a smudge or is that some kind of stain?

Regardless, it's a gorgeous copy.

Don't think it's a stain. Pertaining to grays, I want to show the difference in front grays and back cover discolorations on AF15s. The 9.0 is a gorgeous book! This is only for comparison. And sure, the photoshopping of the scans may be different. I can't control that.

3.jpg

AF15 Screensaver.jpg

4.jpg

af2.jpg