• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:
3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

The fact that before and after eBay prices 'blew up' and that sellers changed listings to note the CC sale is the evidence.

Have any of these Ebay copies sold?

Now, that is definitely a key question to ask?  (thumbsu

Although sellers can always ask for more money, it doesn't mean that the books are going to necessarily sell at that higher price point. 

22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now, that is definitely a key question to ask?  (thumbsu

Although sellers can always ask for more money, it doesn't mean that the books are going to necessarily sell at that higher price point. 

I think someone here mentioned that a 1.0 or 1.5 or some lower graded copy sold for a crazy price on eBay recently.  That's a start.

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Personally, I feel that Josh and CL are doing a real disservice to the collecting community by not having their auction results included as part of the GPA database.  Especially considering that they are one of the Big 3 comic book auction houses out there.

And certainly a discredit to his company for wanting to select only certain auction results to be included in the GPA database as this can easily present a false and incorrect impression of the real marketplace.  (tsk)

Certainly wish he would reconsider his decision to include CL's auction results as part of the GPA database, but wouldn't hold my breath waiting after all these years. 

I agree as well in that CL should report all sales to GPA, and not just the record price. I know back then they didn't, not sure about now. You never know because they just recently post back cover scans on the more valuable books. That's a good start!

A lot of ebay copies start on ebay but ultimately don't sell on ebay.  All you have to do is look at completed listings and see "this item is not longer available" or something along those lines.  Whether it's deals being done without ebay cuts or another discussion but several copies have disappeared.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/amazing-fantasy-15-Cgc-1-0-/332186477991?hash=item4d57db65a7:g:UqoAAOSwE0JY9S3I

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-1962-15-CGC-2-5-0996066002-/361940021695?hash=item54454e71bf:g:ixUAAOSwB-1Y3IPA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-0-5-1st-Spider-Man-Blue-label-/322483898692?hash=item4b1589c944:g:FBMAAOSwZeVY8WFY

oh and thats just the first 3 I tried lol

There were a few that sold.

I think someone hit a BIN for $24K on a 4.5 a few weeks ago.

Easy to check if you just filter SOLD listings in Advanced Search.

23 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

What kind of provenance comes with the staple?  AF15 is king, Spidey is clearly on the rise.

It's on the internet. Provenance enough

What do you guys think of the grade on this Voldy book? It's a 4.0 OW/W. I'm thinking this is more in the 3.5 range than 4.0.

Notes:
soiling & foxing to back cover
very small piece off top right corern
2/3" bottom spine split with 1.5" tear bottom back cover
many creases to cover breaks color
Spiderman & guy outlined in pencil on front cover & title on 1st page
3/4" stain left top back cover edge
small tape pulls middle bottom front cover
spine stress breaks color
small tears bottom & right front cover

af15%20cbcs_zpsd4itdlrn.jpg

It's up for sale in my area, so pic isn't mine. No back pics unfortunately. The tape pulls on the guy's legs are a travesty :(