• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
12 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

(thumbsu Also, I bet a well presenting 3.0 with no M/C might be approaching 18K+ and a 1.5 is a approaching 10K...which was an entry level for a 5.0 six years ago.

Sold a well presenting 3.0 with no mc for 17k at heroes con last week

What's the current going rate on an AF 15 on a Price per Point basis since they seem to be bouncing all over the place?  Either that or the range is very wide?  ???

I guess it really depends on how they present relative to their assigned grade, especially when it comes to copies with or without Marvel chipping.  hm

7 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Looks like most are dumping their chipped copies so they can possibly use the funds to buy non chipped copies. 

Either that or to pay for all of the books they may have picked up from the Jon Berk Collection in the recent CC auction.  :D

17 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Sold a well presenting 3.0 with no mc for 17k at heroes con last week

I don't think in time some marvel chipping is gonna be a make or break deal when it comes to a AF 15. They were more abundant the books at market a few yrs ago especially in 2012. But today it seams the market is slimming down on decent looking copies. 

On 6/17/2017 at 10:01 PM, delekkerste said:

To quote and then paraphrase the billionaire Howard Marks:

"It has been demonstrated time and time again that no asset is so good that it can’t become a bad investment if bought at too high a price. And there are few assets so bad that they can’t be a good investment when bought cheap enough."

When people say flatly, “you can't lose with AF #15s” or “AF #15 is a superior investment," that sounds a lot like “we’d buy AF #15 at any price . . . and we’d buy it before alternatives B, C or D at any price.” That just has to be a mistake. No asset class or investment has the birthright of a high return. It’s only attractive if it’s priced right.

Hallelujah, brother!

A company may have invented a low-cost way to turn water into gasoline or developed a $5 pill to cure cancer, but there is a price at which that company's stock is a bad investment. This observation is why most stock analysis that focuses on the wonders of the company being touted ain't worth the electrons it's written with.

And the fact that half the two-year olds in America are wearing Spider-Man underpants, and the new Spider-Man film is going to break box office records and sweep the Academy Awards, and the average person on the street in Moscow and Paris and Timbuktu knows the story of Spider-Man better than he knows his own life story tells you exactly nothing about whether AF 15s are a good buy at current prices.

People didn't suddenly wake up to the fact that AF 15 was undervalued; they got swept up in the idea that it always has and always will increase in value by leaps and bounds.  That's what people always think when they're buying into a bubble, which is what this is. 

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

Just recapped my heroes con sales while watching my Gators win the baseball national championship!!

Sold a 1.8 also, then customers wife rejected the husbands purchase (I refunded deposit at their request) but had 2 more buyers in line for it, so it sold 2x 

gave another 3.0 to a fellow dealer to offer to some overseas customers. 

Demand is real. Still not sure if I'm priced right but folks seem to be buying 

Edited by G.A.tor

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Hallelujah, brother!

A company may have invented a low-cost way to turn water into gasoline or developed a $5 pill to cure cancer, but there is a price at which that company's stock is a bad investment. This observation is why most stock analysis that focuses on the wonders of the company being touted ain't worth the electrons it's written with.

And the fact that half the two-year olds in America are wearing Spider-Man underpants, and the new Spider-Man film is going to break box office records and sweep the Academy Awards, and the average person on the street in Moscow and Paris and Timbuktu knows the story of Spider-Man better than he knows his own life story tells you exactly nothing about whether AF 15s are a good buy at current prices.

People didn't suddenly wake up to the fact that AF 15 was undervalued; they got swept up in the idea that it always has and always will increase in value by leaps and bounds.  That's what people always think when they're buying into a bubble, which is what this is. 

Lets revisit this 1 year from now, see if prices are too high currently