• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, pins79 said:

Incredible-congrats Lou.  Don't know how Bob does it but he seems to score some awesome books.  I picked up my 5.0 from him exactly 1 year ago.   Couldn't be happier with my copy and with highgradecomics.  Top notch.  

IMG_0357.JPG

That's a beauty too -- well done!

Bob's fantastic to work with, a long-time friend that I trust.  Here's hoping he comes back from San Diego with a couple more books from my want list!

That 5.0 is lovely.  I'm certain Bob will sell it promptly.  I've consigned over a handful of books with him and have had great results.  The check arrives promptly and you don't have to sweat that it clears. 

Edited by scooter99

7 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Here you go ...

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0 Back.jpg

Beautiful copy! 

I'm wondering if there's a "Blazing Bob-ble Head Figure"?that can come whenever Bob finds someone a great copy like this? 

Both 5.0s look undergraded to me. And those are "book in hand" scans...in case Roy has comments about book in hand. :bigsmile:

I'll never figure out CGC's grading techniques. Never.

Just watched the latest American Pickers on the History Channel. They found their second AF15 "in the wild"...killer copy. Guy wanted $10k, they called their appraiser and he valued it at $40k-50k. He paid $1600 for it 30yrs ago...the look on his face was priceless.

Edited by Callaway29

7 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Would love to see some pics of af15 at sdcc

There are very few that I saw yesterday. Metro had a 5.0 with marvel chipping, someone had a low grade raw. Only 2 I recall seeing, but not everyone was set up when I walked through

Edited by G.A.tor

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

There are very few that I saw yesterday. Metro had a 5.0 with marvel chipping, someone had a low grade raw. Only 2 I recall seeing, but not everyone was set up when I walked through

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted. Can't wait for more photos from SDCC

Storms has a few. They're also on his website.

16 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Storms has a few. They're also on his website.

His booth was not up when I walked through so missed them

12 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Would love to see some pics of af15 at sdcc

Sounds as though most dealers are holding onto their copies for now since they must be expecting prices to continue moving upwards going forward.  hm