• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Your 8.0 might be a $250k book if this 8.0 is near the last $261k price 

The book should do well, but I'm not sure 2 big sales tell us the going market prices. Let's just enjoy the ride. :popcorn:

13 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

The book should do well, but I'm not sure 2 big sales tell us the going market prices. Let's just enjoy the ride. :popcorn:

For your 8.0 it should.  Not many around.    I'm in the market for a 7.5 and everyone is using 8.0 data to price their 7.5 :wink:

57 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I believe the CVA distinction will put it at or over the $250k mark.

18 hours ago, Philreal said:

I believe the CVA distinction will put it at or over the $250k mark.

Serious question.  Does the market really put value on "CVA distinction"?  I had never heard about this until recently, and I don't believe I've seen any dealer other than ComicLink play it up as something worth caring about.

54 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Serious question.  Does the market really put value on "CVA distinction"?  I had never heard about this until recently, and I don't believe I've seen any dealer other than ComicLink play it up as something worth caring about.

When collectors, investors are spending that much on a collectible the more authenticity and grading labels DOES make a difference. My book does not have the CVA seal but I still think it counts for points. And points = dollars. (thumbsu

Edited by peewee22

Just now, peewee22 said:

When collectors, investors are spending that much on a collectible the more authenticity and grading labels DOES make a difference. My book does not have the CVA seal but I still think it counts for points. (thumbsu

Well, as someone who just obtained a 5.0 that got some complements as potentially "exceptional" for its grade, I suppose I could pursue getting the CVA label on it.  But again, it's only on ComicLink that I've seen any attention paid to it, so I can't tell if there's real value there.  I don't understand how they decide whether to award their label, so I worry that it might be a bit arbitrary.

Trust me, I'm not trying to come on too strong with the skepticism ... I am genuinely interested in whether this would somehow enhance the value of my book.

8 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Well, as someone who just obtained a 5.0 that got some complements as potentially "exceptional" for its grade, I suppose I could pursue getting the CVA label on it.  But again, it's only on ComicLink that I've seen any attention paid to it, so I can't tell if there's real value there.  I don't understand how they decide whether to award their label, so I worry that it might be a bit arbitrary.

Trust me, I'm not trying to come on too strong with the skepticism ... I am genuinely interested in whether this would somehow enhance the value of my book.

Look into it and let us know the process. I have no idea who or where to send it. 

Just now, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Not likely to have much time to think about this any time soon.  But there does seem to be a thread all about this topic.

Thanks, I just assumed your were going to dive into it. Wasn't "delegating" it to you. My bad.

Trending downward.  :whee:

See what I did there?  Like so many before me, I took a tiny sample of short-term data and over-interpreted it to infer something that can't be inferred from the minimal data.

Edited by namisgr