• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The CVA sticker will definitely bump the price up.  A nice looking 9.0.

I have yet to receive a CVA book that wasn't especially nice...... the concept is a sound one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Don't miss out on this one.

Search "Amazing Fantacy" on ebay

That made me start my day with a good laugh.

5a45e5bd53479_ScreenShot2017-12-29at07_49_45.thumb.png.848f46bfaff70722f331930c8bbdf1d8.png

What an anticlimax. lol

By the way, are those bids real? I don't think that this book is worth its grading fees.

Edited by SECollector

8 hours ago, SECollector said:

That made me start my day with a good laugh.

5a45e5bd53479_ScreenShot2017-12-29at07_49_45.thumb.png.848f46bfaff70722f331930c8bbdf1d8.png

What an anticlimax. lol

By the way, are those bids real? I don't think that this book is worth its grading fees.

Yes, those are obviously all shill bids.  SO many things wrong with the listing, but my favorite is that he misspelled "Fantasy" in the title which means anyone looking for his AF15 wont even find it.

13 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
23 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I have yet to receive a CVA book that wasn't especially nice...... the concept is a sound one. GOD BLESS...

It can’t hurt to have the sticker is another way to look at it

.... in theory, the service should flag books that are very tightly graded and have the kind of exceptional eye appeal that a scan just doesn't capture..... extreme color, gloss, etc..... but they dropped the ball early on when they disregarded production defects in their assessment.... 99% of collectors see nothing "exceptional" about a production defect. It's not too late for them to get the ship back in the channel IMHO.......... GOD BLESS....

On 12/16/2017 at 11:38 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Someone in Gold made a post that several boardies own 9.4 copies of AF15. I only know of amazingspiderfan. If that knowledge is public, would love to hear who and when and most importantly how they got it. Nuts to what they're worth !

There are 2 9.6's as well. :0

On 12/23/2017 at 6:12 PM, Subby1938 said:

That's a wonderful copy WOW!!! I'd like to join the club please. I drove 140km in a bad snow storm to trade for my copy. It's a 2.0 I'm happy with it . It finishes my Spiderman collection . I have entire run ASM 1-792 plus this AF 15. Couldn't be happier folks;

IMG_7087.JPG

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

It's great to see this! Congrats. I have quite a bit left to complete 1-700. I admit that with all the variants, I had to call it quits at 700. Good on you for keeping it going. 

1 hour ago, Spider-Variant said:

Awesome posts everyone.  Glad to see the Club is still going strong; it will be ten years old in July of 2018.

Sad to say I am no longer a member, but my AF15 will always be the acme of my collecting career.  

If you love Spidey, you are a lifetime member. Owning the book is ancillary. (thumbsu

I am not sure are you familiar with my only post into this forum few months ago... then reminding that comic art original art collectors are eating printed material as breakfast... Just think: what is unique and museum quality ;-) will it be artist´s original artwork or some printed comic book, 3000+ graded copies and 10,000+ existing copies.... ;-)) OK, I have bought mine AF15, so I can say in loud that ;-)
Then  few months ago nobody commented my post and I took that as big compliment! ;-) It really gave the idea what´s up there ;-) Just like in the old days when Soviet Union existed, you needed to learn reading between the lines and recognize things which never stated in loud ;-)
Then in Oct 31st there was 2831 CGC-graded AF#15s.
Now there is 2867 pcs. It is not anymore taking 1 more AF#15 daily (like it was in Oct), but still a lot new ones getting CGC-gradings. So, no matter are you a comic book collector or investor... think this!

It's still a tiny number and honestly the only graded books people can even look at to buy because of huge cost 0.5-2.0 if they are lucky. Anything higher collects dust at asking prices imo because blue collar people just can't get these anymore. High end money collectors don't want 4-6.0 they go for big grades .

of those graded 2861 copies, how many are purple, green, yellow labels? Quite a few I bet

32 minutes ago, aFinnishcollector said:
I am not sure are you familiar with my only post into this forum few months ago... then reminding that comic art original art collectors are eating printed material as breakfast... Just think: what is unique and museum quality ;-) will it be artist´s original artwork or some printed comic book, 3000+ graded copies and 10,000+ existing copies.... ;-)) OK, I have bought mine AF15, so I can say in loud that ;-)
Then  few months ago nobody commented my post and I took that as big compliment! ;-) It really gave the idea what´s up there ;-) Just like in the old days when Soviet Union existed, you needed to learn reading between the lines and recognize things which never stated in loud ;-)
Then in Oct 31st there was 2831 CGC-graded AF#15s.
Now there is 2867 pcs. It is not anymore taking 1 more AF#15 daily (like it was in Oct), but still a lot new ones getting CGC-gradings. So, no matter are you a comic book collector or investor... think this!

I wanted to get a piece of Ditko Spiderman OA and had my wife on my side until our finical guy said, "no!" My wife said ok to a big key book for me and lots of 2k kind of books. I can't really complain but what's a married man to say?