• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

It's on gpa for 41750 hm

This book never ceases to amaze me. Along with the sale of the 7.5 last week, we are continuing to see very strong prices for higher grade books that present very well. This book seems to be bullet proof.

This book seems to have shades of 52 mantle to me. It just so outpaces everything else because its been accepted as the most important piece in the hobby to own along with Tec 27 and Action 1. Isn't it true in grade the only books to outperform it are Tec 27 and Action 1?

Edited by zhamlau

4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

This book seems to have shades of 52 mantle to me. It just so outpaces everything else because its been accepted as the most important piece in the hobby to own along with Tec 27 and Action 1. Isn't it true in grade the only books to outperform it are Tec 27 and Action 1?

No there are several other Ga books that out preform it point for point. 

Bats 1, supes 1, aa16, asc 8, marvel 1, just to name a few. 

16 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

It's on gpa for 41750 hm

For me the only other superhero that has a better story line than Spidey is Batman. AF15 is simply the king!! AF15 has become the Iconic book like stated above just like the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card. It's a piece of artwork!!

Edited by SupergirlDC19591
Text

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

No there are several other Ga books that out preform it point for point. 

Bats 1, supes 1, aa16, asc 8, marvel 1, just to name a few. 

For now....some will continue to do so but in the future AF15 may pass some books you have mentioned.

I could be wrong but they sure look brand new. Does it no say in Overstreet you can replace staples as long as the book grades 6.0 and lower without affecting the grade (I can't remember if the staples must be of the time period.....and I don't know how CGC treats such books)?

Text

18 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I could be wrong but they sure look brand new. Does it no say in Overstreet you can replace staples as long as the book grades 6.0 and lower without affecting the grade (I can't remember if the staples must be of the time period.....and I don't know how CGC treats such books)?

That book would either be a green or purple label if the staples were replaced. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

OK then I am wrong they simply look brand new......then that is a very solid book.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Glad you corrected me I do not want to affect the final hammer price if the book is all good.

2 hours ago, ProcessedMeatMan said:

Well damn... I was gonna bid on this, but somebody must be pretty confident this had upgrade potential.

If there is potential for a bump this one is it.  Graded in 2002, probably hasn't been pressed, definitely hasn't been dry-cleaned.  A clean and press and I don't think a 5.0/5.5 is out of reach by any stretch.   

2 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

The CGC 5.0 in the same auction is also very nice.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=700363

Wow, you look at the front and first thought is thats a 7.0 easy...  Then you look at the back cover.  Somebody spilled a drink and that book soaked quite a bit of it up.

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

Wow, you look at the front and first thought is thats a 7.0 easy...  Then you look at the back cover.  Somebody spilled a drink and that book soaked quite a bit of it up.

I much prefer the back having a issue than the front (this type of issue aka ''drink spilled'' does not bother me at all). Yes yes this could be easily taken out of context.....but keep your heads on comic books...lol!!

Text

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

If you had to choose between the two, goes without saying.  

The worst for me is writing on the front cover that is a issue I just can't get over when buying a book....don't care what book it is could be a TEC 27.

10 hours ago, comicquant said:

The back of my 1.8 - thankfully it didn't seep through to the front, which looks much better than a 1.8

AF15 1.8B.jpg

Edited by Jordysnordy