• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

The last CGC 9.0 sold publicly was a few years ago for 191K. The voldy 9.0 copy sold after that CGC copy for 237K and a few months ago again 240K.  I expect the Hope 9.0 copy to be in record territory price of any 9.0 graded copies today.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:07 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Here is my AF15.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.5 Front.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.5 Back.jpg

What are the chances that little piece of paper over the letter ''I'' in the word Amazing will come off inside the CGC holder (maybe my OCD is getting the best of me)? And if it does how would that affect the grade and value of my book (my guess it will not come off since it is in the same CGC holder since 2004 but I am curious to know your opinions)?

Here are the CGC grader's notes:

Full Right Front Cover Small Marvel Chipping
Right Top Front Cover Chip Out
Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

Do you guys think with these notes it could in fact still upgrade to a 7.0 or a 7.5?
Edited by SupergirlDC19591
Text

9 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

What are the chances that little piece of paper over the letter ''I'' in the word Amazing will come off inside the CGC holder (maybe my OCD is getting the best of me)? And if it does how would that affect the grade and value of my book (my guess it will not come off since it is in the same CGC holder since 2004 but I am curious to know your opinions)?

Do you guys think with these notes it could in fact still upgrade to a 7.0 or a 7.5?

It's a very clean copy. I see a possible 7.0 but I would be worry about a few pre-chips which may get weaken (possible chip off) when re-grade.

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

It's a very clean copy. I see a possible 7.0 but I would be worry about a few pre-chips which may get weaken (possible chip off) when re-grade.

Then I will just keep it the way it is.

Yes I rather take any risk just for a .5 bump. What about my other question about the little piece of paper under the letter 'I' in the word Amazing? Also can there be chip offs while it is in a CGC holder or will they stay the same over time?

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think as long as the slab stays put you needn't worry.

Thanks it is in my bank vault and I never take it out and have no plans to either (I have my images so that is more than enough for me to look at).

1 hour ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

How badly would it affect the value of my book if that tiny piece of paper happens to fall off inside the CGC holder (bellow the letter 'I' in the word Amazing)? How about the grade?

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

New record prices coming up!?!  Book is still hot hot hot!

Still....people now know it's the #3 book in the hobby it will remain hot just like AC1 and TEC27.

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Don't know can sustain such a jump so quickly.

Yes for nicer looking copies it will. And the less nice copies will continue to grow as well but slower.

Text

Nice eye appeal is one thing but a 5.0 is still a 5.0 at the end of the day and it is now at 57 000$......if it could have been upgraded the previous owner would have done so himself.