• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Not exactly a funny book, but I thought it would be a good one to share with this crowd. This is my 3rd painting commission from Ryan Heshka, a fellow boardie. I had him tweak this one a little bit from the original...As usual, he hit it out of the park again…

:golfclap:

Pics of the other two?

Here they are…

5673797005_2075732310_b.jpg

6218798549_7c2a060344_b.jpg

Wow, very cool! Those colors are outstanding!

Any interest in sharing the boardie's name (i.e. his call-sign or whatever since you gave his real name)? Maybe via PM?

Would love something to commission one or two things myself.

Absolutely! His name is Ryan Heshka, goes by RyanH on the boards.

Check out this thread.

Got Heshka? thread

And you can check out a lot of his funny book pieces here…

PM sent. Thanks!

(thumbs u

Not exactly a funny book, but I thought it would be a good one to share with this crowd. This is my 3rd painting commission from Ryan Heshka, a fellow boardie. I had him tweak this one a little bit from the original...As usual, he hit it out of the park again…

photo1_zps3b987e35.jpg

I love the rogues gallery on the building top. What a great idea.

I love the rogues gallery on the building top. What a great idea.

(thumbs u

Personally, I wouldn't get an AF 15 signed by anyone. In my eyes, it devalues the book and eye appeal. If you really want a signature done on a key book, I'd have him/her sign the first page at the bottom margin.

+1. Please don't.

-J.

I say to each their own...but I am hoping to get Stan to sign and personalize my silver KEYS. All are 1.8 except my ST110, which I have a 6.0 and a 2.0 (low grade to be signed). I wouldn't personally get any mid-higher grade books SS, but that's just me.

The SS set I plan on never selling though, and want to purchase mid grade copies of each as well.

(Still need Avengers 4/TTA 27/Sgt Fury 1 in 1.8 if anyone is selling. Can't believe I missed that Fury 1.8 here last week)

Cheers,

Cole

Personally, I wouldn't get an AF 15 signed by anyone. In my eyes, it devalues the book and eye appeal. If you really want a signature done on a key book, I'd have him/her sign the first page at the bottom margin.

+1. Please don't.

-J.

+2. CGC SS and cover driven slabs have pushed sigs to an all time high. I had Stan sign my FF1 last summer --on the interior :)

+1. Please don't.

-J.

+2. CGC SS and cover driven slabs have pushed sigs to an all time high. I had Stan sign my FF1 last summer --on the interior :)

For me it is all about the grade.

Below 2.0, go nuts. 2.5 and up, I too recommend interior signatures if you just "have" to have it. Don't forget there are many other things you can have them sign (prints and lower cost OA are great) if it is just about making a memory (which I totally get).

+1. Please don't.

-J.

I say to each their own...

This...

Good luck on getting your Stan sig! (thumbs u

Thanks. I agree i dont typically like having books signed but my af15 s low grade and it is just for me to keep. My copy has a beautiful cover and interior but it is missing the other pages that did notinclude spiderman.....so in this case preserving it and having stan sign it is i think the next step for this particular copy. I would love to just buy other pages and marry the book and restore but i have little money.

Edited by jason4

Thanks. I agree i dont typically like having books signed but my af15 s low grade and it is just for me to keep. My copy has a beautiful cover and interior but it is missing the other pages that did notinclude spiderman.....so in this case preserving it and having stan sign it is i think the next step for this particular copy. I would love to just buy other pages and marry the book and restore but i have little money.

Especially in this case, get it signed and display it!. Stan's not going to be here forever, and will be a treasured piece in your collection... my 2c

Gambit is right. We're not the arbiters of what someone should do with their book. While I personally don't like big mega keys in high (or even mid) grade signed on the cover, you should do whatever you want with your book. I would just never suggest someone get a book signed for the sole purpose of trying to raise the price for a sale. Have fun at the con! (thumbs u

-J.

Holy moly, it beat out the CBCS one and this one has tape on it :o I would think this would sell for lower because of that.

I didn't see them mention tape, but of course before the old feedback disappeared, they were well known as one of the more whackadoo sellers. After one incident with them, I avoided them. I think there was a thread years ago.

I would not be surprised if the buyer did not know there was tape. Not even a scan on a $15k+ book, and no picture of the label unless I missed it? The Negs they left were even worse.

f0c79b83-6d1e-44b4-9bf6-6ecc673e5ab0.png

Edited by skypinkblu

I didn't see them mention tape, but of course before the old feedback disappeared, they were well known as one of the more whackadoo sellers. After one incident with them, I avoided them. I think there was a thread years ago.

I would not be surprised if the buyer did not know there was tape. Not even a scan on a $15k+ book, and no picture of the label unless I missed it? The Negs they left were even worse.

Seller looks legit and they did mention the tape in the body of their ad. (shrug)

-J.

When it comes to conflict resolution, he's amazingly civil with his words.

When it comes to conflict resolution, he's amazingly civil with his words.

Buying on ebay..... :cloud9:

-J.