• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

I didn't see them mention tape, but of course before the old feedback disappeared, they were well known as one of the more whackadoo sellers. After one incident with them, I avoided them. I think there was a thread years ago.

I would not be surprised if the buyer did not know there was tape. Not even a scan on a $15k+ book, and no picture of the label unless I missed it? The Negs they left were even worse.

f0c79b83-6d1e-44b4-9bf6-6ecc673e5ab0.png

When it comes to conflict resolution, he's amazingly civil with his words.

:signfunny:

I didn't see them mention tape, but of course before the old feedback disappeared, they were well known as one of the more whackadoo sellers. After one incident with them, I avoided them. I think there was a thread years ago.

I would not be surprised if the buyer did not know there was tape. Not even a scan on a $15k+ book, and no picture of the label unless I missed it? The Negs they left were even worse.

He's a

"she" I'm embarrassed to say. I spoke to "her" on the phone years ago when I got a book graded VG that had the entire cover torn in half. I was civil and she was ...barely controlled. I was warned never to bid again;) I didn't need much warning.

Originally the books were her father's. I think she did so well, she bought some on her own.

He's a

"she" I'm embarrassed to say. I spoke to "her" on the phone years ago when I got a book graded VG that had the entire cover torn in half. I was civil and she was ...barely controlled. I was warned never to bid again;) I didn't need much warning.

Originally the books were her father's. I think she did so well, she bought some on her own.

I didn't see the recent listing, but I recall her/seller two years back when there was a 9.2 ASM Annual 1 being offered on eBay.

She sent me a message responding to my best offer, to sell it off of eBay, to trade contact information. eBay blocked my communication with her when I tried to respond, when I first got the message, but eBay had seen it first.

She did the same thing again a few months later, for the same book. She also claimed that it was a consignment, so she was willing to pass along contact information. eBay blocked my messages again.

I even asked Tom here on that same listing to make an offer. He was kind enough to do so, and the goal was to make a deal at a good price. She did the same thing again with him, she offered to make a deal off of eBay, and of course eBay blocked Tom from sending her another message.

Some people really have no ethics, no decency, and their evil shines through when given the chance. I see the feedback now looks wonderful, and the new eBay policies delete any old listings details, making it nearly impossible to judge their character from listings over 90 days old.

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/load_bookDetails.php?id=572569&set=0

I can't figure out which is more humorous: their homemade title for this book (see "Comments")--or the ask price.

Wow, that is amusing.

That copy was bought at C2 this year, I remember seeing it on a sellers wall before Vince bought it. It that the result of moisture getting trapped in an old bag and board?

Edited by Diamonddave

I can't figure out which is more humorous: their homemade title for this book (see "Comments")--or the ask price.

Wow, that is amusing.

That copy was bought at C2 this year, I remember seeing it on a sellers wall before Vince bought it. It that the result of moisture getting trapped in an old bag and board?

:hail: Provenance!

As for your theory on its condition, maybe. :think: Or it might have been a kid who forgot to take his rolled up comic out of his back pocket--and somehow mom missed it--and down it went, straight through a washing machine. :insane:

Wow, that is amusing.

:hail: Provenance!

As for your theory on its condition, maybe. :think: Or it might have been a kid who forgot to take his rolled up comic out of his back pocket--and somehow mom missed it--and down it went, straight through a washing machine. :insane:

My theory?

Dad has a new baby boy, removes diaper, geyser ensues, grabs first thing in arms reach.

Older sons AF15. :insane:

Somebody may be about to get the deal of a lifetime on that 7.5 in the CC auction ending tonight....

-J.

I figure it's worth about $55K, it's only $8.5K short right now with 2 hours to go

True though there is a sale for $62K last year

Somebody may be about to get the deal of a lifetime on that 7.5 in the CC auction ending tonight....

-J.

I figure it's worth about $55K, it's only $8.5K short right now with 2 hours to go

The fat lady aint singing yet.

-J.

Writing on the cover too although buyers of this book don't seem to care.

58-61K predicted close

-J.

Writing on the cover too although buyers of this book don't seem to care.

58-61K predicted close

Rounded corners too.