• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, SC22 said:

The CGC 8.0  on ComicLink is now at 170 000$!! I wonder how much the CVA attribute affects the final price compared to a CGC 8.0 without one?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1178499&id=1178499

OMG! What about now, at 7:22 PM Eastern time?  :whatthe: (shrug)

The thing about the Ditko alternative cover is that it doesn't make Spiderman look spider-like.  There's just the tiniest thread of webbing.  The Kirby cover makes him look both powerful and spider-like.  With that said, I agree that Ditko was the right artist for the character and title - his rendition of action scenes was terrific.

1 hour ago, drbanner said:

OMG! What about now, at 7:22 PM Eastern time?  :whatthe: (shrug)

I never bother you guys about what you write so please don't bother me. Don't like simply move along like any normal adult would do.

Edited by SC22

44 minutes ago, NoMan said:

If CVA endorses the CGC grade, does anyone endorse the CVA endorsement of the endorsed CGC grade?

Yes a safety deposit box company...lol!!!

3 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Because it's not relentlessly annoying? :baiting:

I don't care how annoying it is it's what interest me. You guys keep talking about the book itself and I will continue to talk about current sales and auctions.

Edited by SC22

2 hours ago, SC22 said:

The CGC 8.0  on ComicLink is now at 170 000$!! I wonder how much the CVA attribute affects the final price compared to a CGC 8.0 without one?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1178499&id=1178499

Well so much for self restraint - a few pages back you promised no more updates until the end of auction doh!

9 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Well so much for self restraint - a few pages back you promised no more updates until the end of auction doh!

So much for restraint!! Out the window it went!!

16 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Love this version better. It depicts what is happening better and better suits an "introduction" comic. Better characterization and now we have a frontal "intro" shot of Spidey and the burglar. Ditko should have been rewarded the cover too. It should be all Ditko. (As much as I love Kirby, he had no business drawing the cover of AF15 although he did a fab job). We now see people...in windows, closer views of onlookers, and even a drive by curious vehicle.  And the Ditko Spidey...the face, webbing, shoes, the skinnier look...wow! Even the dude in the window looks like Peter Parker. :insane: We see more of the webbing Spidey is swinging from. Can't beat all this. So, where do we send our books to get the cover replaced?

So you drew this, aman? I guess I missed it in the other Boards. Simply amazing dude!

Thanx.  It was a lot of fun.  Just some photoshop collaging and a lot of cloning.  Oh no, not the Spidey Clone!!  Hardest part was avoiding all bright colors, and figuring out how to end the street that ditto started to describe... and what's in the background behind Spidey.  Ditko left it blank with nothing to work with.

4 hours ago, SC22 said:

Now at 180 000$!! It passes my estimate of 150 000$ to 175 000$.

Edited by SC22

26 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Now at 180 000$!!

I would hope Josh and Douglas at C-Link know the bidders. This has to be a pre-approved type auction.

Edited by peewee22

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Is the tiny crease that breaks color above the "z" in "Amazing" at top of book the beginnings of MC? (Speaking of 8.0 book currently being auctioned)

I don't think so. I think it is a color breaking crease, a thumbnail crease.  Without that flaw it may be an 8.5 .

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think so. I think it is a color breaking crease, a thumbnail crease.  Without that flaw it may be an 8.5 .

Thanks for the reply and opinion.