• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Maybe just maybe this was long overdue for AF15!! It will slow down eventually but for the moment it's breaking new ground and I don't see anything wrong with that (if that is what people are willing to pay so be it)....if it was AC1 or TEC27 no one would be so shocked so why not AF15.

Most auction houses now call it the AC1 of the entire SA and they also use words like blue chip investment so if you think I have the slightest influence on the market your wrong....much bigger fish a calling it out so why would people not react to that. I just post results I don't write the auction descriptions.

Funniest post EVER in the history of chat boards LOL!!!

2 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Funniest post EVER in the history of chat boards LOL!!!

It's true who am I in the larger picture of things really....no one!! People can verify results on their own me posting them here is not a big influence at all. When I buy a book I don't pay more just because someone here writes something about a certain book I know better and so should other people.

Edited by SC22

4 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

You don't get the show

I don't see this place as a place that makes such huge changes in the market place no. To many people collect worldwide and don't even know about this website. I only found out about it a few years ago before that I never even know what people said here....but I still purchased books anyway based on what I knew personally.

Edited by SC22

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

One data point does not translate to the actual going price. You need more data to back up the facts.

People have been saying that for months now how much data do people need to see the book has exploded in value all across the board....will it take years for people to accept this or what?

Edited by SC22

Just now, SC22 said:

People have been saying that for months now how much data do people need to see the book has exploded in value all across the board....will it takes years for people to accept this or what?

But an 8.0 copy has never reached this level till now.. Unless anyone knows of any private sales that have sold for this much or more.

8 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

But an 8.0 copy has never reached this level till now.. Unless anyone knows of any private sales that have sold for this much or more.

Same can be said about the last sale of a 9.0 and 9.2. There will not be so many sales of these high graded books to make a call on what is the new norm so people will base themselves on the last sale.

In the past what did people use as a compass for higher graded AF15's? Couldn't have been many each year selling back then either.

On another note what is so spectacular seen a high graded blue label AF15 sell for such a price try finding a low graded restored TEC27 for less than 200 000$....now to me that is crazy but it is still my favorite book of all time. Bet you a TEC27 restored one day will hit a minimum of 500 000$ (maybe even more in a decade) so is that crazy or just normal? And AC1 restored is even more money.

Edited by SC22

7 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Same can be said about the last sale of a 9.0 and 9.2. There will not be so many sales of these high graded books to make a call on what is the new norm so people will base themselves on the last sale.

In the past what did people use as a compass for higher graded AF15's? Couldn't have been many each year selling back then either.

On another note what is so spectacular seen a high graded blue label AF15 sell for such a price try finding a restored TEC27 for less than 200 000$....now to me that is crazy but it is still my favorite book of all time. Bet you a TEC27 restored one day will hit a minimum of 500 000$ (maybe even more in a decade) so is that crazy or just normal? And AC1 restored is even more money.

Would you be saying the same thing if it was the opposite? Would you whole heartedly accept it to be the new price if a high graded AF 15 copy sold for 50% of what they have been selling for?

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Would you be saying the same thing if it was the opposite? Would you whole heartedly accept it to be the new price if a high graded AF 15 copy sold for 50% of what they have been selling for?

No I would find it completely nuts seen people paying 200 000$ for a restored AF15 in lower grade even in mid to high grade for that matter.

An appropriate scrubbing. You guys don't have to like SC22 or approve of his posting style. The ganging up and flat out mean attacks are beyond what I would think an adult with the same hobby interests would post. I am embarrassed by some of you.