• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

Some thoughts and observations on the recent CC and C Link auctions for the AF 15:

The 3.0 on CC went for $9200. A very strong number for this grade, especially since 3.0's were selling for under $8k just a few months ago. 3.0's approaching $10k is just unbelievable.

That nice looking 6.0 going for over $30k was a very strong price and over $5k more than the last 6.0 went for in April (on GPA).

The result for the 7.5 graded by CBCS on CC shows that this new grading company is still not ready for prime time. The $48k realized is about what a CGC 7.0 goes for. I have seen quite a number of CBCS books under-performing compared to comparably graded CGC books.

The $85k realized for the 8.0 SS on CC was average. But I think it is common knowledge that that book has been repeatedly pressed and monkied with, and starting off at a 7.0.

The $25k+ realized on the comic link auction for the 6.0 with "white pages" on the label once again suggests that Marvel chipping is the biggest detractor on price for this book.

-J.

Some thoughts and observations on the recent CC and C Link auctions for the AF 15:

The 3.0 on CC went for $9200. A very strong number for this grade, especially since 3.0's were selling for under $8k just a few months ago. 3.0's approaching $10k is just unbelievable.

That nice looking 6.0 going for over $30k was a very strong price and over $5k more than the last 6.0 went for in April (on GPA).

The result for the 7.5 graded by CBCS on CC shows that this new grading company is still not ready for prime time. The $48k realized is about what a CGC 7.0 goes for. I have seen quite a number of CBCS books under-performing compared to comparably graded CGC books.

The $85k realized for the 8.0 SS on CC was average. But I think it is common knowledge that that book has been repeatedly pressed and monkied with, and starting off at a 7.0.

The $25k+ realized on the comic link auction for the 6.0 with "white pages" on the label once again suggests that Marvel chipping is the biggest detractor on price for this book.

-J.

the 7.5 cbcs under performed due to the MC...had it of been a clean edge, I would have bid much higher (as would have many)... had nothing to do with "which" company graded it, but rather the eye appeal (imo)...I realize the same retail for both companies as long as comparable pq and eye appeal

-J.

the 7.5 cbcs under performed due to the MC...had it of been a clean edge, I would have bid much higher (as would have many)... had nothing to do with "which" company graded it, but rather the eye appeal (imo)...I realize the same retail for both companies as long as comparable pq and eye appeal

hm That CBCS "7.5" had fairly light chipping to be taking a nearly $20k hit compared to a comparably graded CGC 7.5...

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=580763

-J.

-J.

hm That CBCS "7.5" had fairly light chipping to be taking a neatly $20k hit compared to a comparably graded CGC 7.5...

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=580763

-J.

I have noticed CBCS books going for less on many occasions. I don't believe that company should automatically get the same prices and credibility as CGC. I have also noticed dealers that at first sent books into CBCS and a lot of those books are still sitting on their sites unsold. The 9.6 CBCS DD #1 that was on pedigree with a huge blunted corner did not seem like it belonged in a 9.6 holder. (shrug)

Personally, I wouldn't take Pedigree sales as an indication of market. Pedigree's market is limited because some people refuse to deal with Doug's past.

Personally, after seeing many examples of their books I have no problem with CBCS's grading standards.

Personally, I wouldn't take Pedigree sales as an indication of market. Pedigree's market is limited because some people refuse to deal with Doug's past.

Personally, after seeing many examples of their books I have no problem with CBCS's grading standards.

I get it , that was just one example. I personally would not buy a book in their slab.

Buy the book, not the number. Any marvel chipping on a 7.5, slight or not, will dramatically (in most instances) affect price. We've all seen huge price swings for same graded comics/same company. Again, not Nec the company but the book itself ;)

Buy the book, not the number. Any marvel chipping on a 7.5, slight or not, will dramatically (in most instances) affect price. We've all seen huge price swings for same graded comics/same company. Again, not Nec the company but the book itself ;)

For people who know how to reasonably grade, whether the book is graded or not (or who it is graded by) doesn't matter much any more.

(thumbs u