• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

And I promise this is the last thread I'll post this in today!

Finally sent mine in last week, got it back today. Very happy, as it was kind of a coin toss whether it would end up 1.0 or 1.5

rr11f9.jpg

Looks like somebody just pulled the trigger on an "incomplete" 0.5 copy that is an easy new GPA high by a lot, and only $50 less than the GPA high for a complete 0.5 copy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-C-OW-Pages1st-Spider-Man-Marvel-Mega-Key-Presents-Well-/291318428090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d3ee71ba

-J.

Looks like somebody just pulled the trigger on an "incomplete" 0.5 copy that is an easy new GPA high by a lot, and only $50 less than the GPA high for a complete 0.5 copy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-C-OW-Pages1st-Spider-Man-Marvel-Mega-Key-Presents-Well-/291318428090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d3ee71ba

-J.

It's not a bad looking .5, but at that price..... man that's a lot to spend.

it was the best looking one in that price range on the Bay I think someone must have just been itching to get one now and pulled the trigger Definitely a new record for .5

There are fewer and fewer auctions -- and, conversely, more and more BINs -- for key Silver books as the market has now become a seller's market. There are still many collectors out there hungry for a chance to own an "entry level" AF15, and the window on affordable, unrestored copies of AF15 underneath $7,500 is closing. So, yes, it's a lot for a .5, but the alternative is buying a 3.0 blue for twice as much, which is unaffordable to many. So entry level buyers are thinking, "buy the .5 [or 1.0/1.5/2.0] or get left behind at the station."

it was the best looking one in that price range on the Bay I think someone must have just been itching to get one now and pulled the trigger Definitely a new record for .5

There are fewer and fewer auctions -- and, conversely, more and more BINs -- for key Silver books as the market has now become a seller's market. There are still many collectors out there hungry for a chance to own an "entry level" AF15, and the window on affordable, unrestored copies of AF15 underneath $7,500 is closing. So, yes, it's a lot for a .5, but the alternative is buying a 3.0 blue for twice as much, which is unaffordable to many. So entry level buyers are thinking, "buy the .5 [or 1.0/1.5/2.0] or get left behind at the station."

That's my story. Used the same logic when I bought my 2.5 last September for $7,500. Did the research, saw the dramatic climb upward and decided that now was the time to buy before it became (at least for me) illogical to spend so much. Funny, I already want to upgrade. :cool:

That's my story. Used the same logic when I bought my 2.5 last September for $7,500. Did the research, saw the dramatic climb upward and decided that now was the time to buy before it became (at least for me) illogical to spend so much. Funny, I already want to upgrade. :cool:

Too true. I've never been a huge Spiderman fan, but as a key 1st appearance fan I've always wanted to own a copy...then the book skyrocketed (AGAIN) and quickly escaped what I was willing to part with for a decent copy. So, I jumped on this NG for $1,000 before it left the stratosphere. I'm pretty sure I can double that $1K now...or more, even if this one is a coverless copy. The market for copies like this is pretty large relative to the market for a 1.0, which would fetch $5K+ now. There aren't many funny book collectors that can spend that kind of cash on a single book.

12737142165_a65c199624_c.jpg

I will be looking to get my copy reviewed for a higher grade and reholdered at the next onsite grading, so probably WW Philly or WW Chicago.

af15_zpsb739c17e.jpg

That's a really nice looking book. If it's a keeper, why not just leave it alone? It looks so good in the old label. Nice Page quality also, I would be concerned of about retaining it. An AF15 still in the old label is truly rare. I wouldn't give it up. I believe there is a premium on this book just the way it sits.

Honestly, think this through.