• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

That’s a great 4.5!! Congrats. 

I wanted to share my newly acquired copy. I just completed a mega trade for this 1.5 SS Lee. For those that know me, I love SS, and was thrilled to get this. It has a nice, clean, smaller Stan sig. Much thanks to @Kalel38 on the trade and @CBass for facilitating it. (worship)

6C3B4B28-1FF3-42C5-92AB-3E2A54ABA531.jpeg

great sig book!

Many thanks fellas!! I do love sigs on low grade keys, and as Kalel had said to me, it’s an “older” sig. It’s crazy to think, but in 2010 Stan was a “young” 87! God bless him. He was the man. When I had originally put up my book for trade, I had no idea I was going to get the opportunity to get another AF. I thought I would get 1-3 books, keep one, and sell two to raise some dough. I’m now stuck with the “dilemma” of eventually selling another large chunk of my collection or keeping this AF. The sig just grabs me on this one,  and it’s that much more meaningful to me. I’ve never owned a signature series AF, and if I sell this one I will most likely never get another. I feel honored to own an AF, but for some reason it’s extra special to have an SS now. I know that sounds corny, but it’s true.  I love Spidey!

Wow, has everybody lost interest in the AF 15 marketplace in comparison to the past couple of years, or is the hype suddenly gone.  (shrug)

A total of 5 AF 15's just went in today's CL auction and not a single comment so far here about any of these sales.  hm

Looks like the range went from $17,250 for a CGC 3.0 all the way up to $210K for a CGC 8.0 graded copy.  Since I am not a real close follower of the AF 15 marketplace, any thoughts as to whether these are the new going rates or a bit under the recent going rates?  ???

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think the CGC 8.0 copy sold for more the first time it was made available. But like you I don't follow hammer prices all that closely.

Well, a CGC 5.0 graded copy going for $36,300 in today's CL auction definitely sounds quite a bit lower than the $57K that CC was able to get for their CGC 5.0 graded copy back in the Spring of 2017.  Of course, with these AF 15's, it's also how the book presents relative to its assigned grade and not the just the CGC label itself.  hm

Actually, a good sign since it's a case of buying the book as opposed to just buying the label.  (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think the CGC 8.0 copy sold for more the first time it was made available. But like you I don't follow hammer prices all that closely.

When/where is the “first time” it sold? I think I looked up the serial # and it was graded in 2017. Edit: Graded on 8/22/17

Edited by NoMan

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, has everybody lost interest in the AF 15 marketplace in comparison to the past couple of years, or is the hype suddenly gone.  (shrug)

A total of 5 AF 15's just went in today's CL auction and not a single comment so far here about any of these sales.  hm

Looks like the range went from $17,250 for a CGC 3.0 all the way up to $210K for a CGC 8.0 graded copy.  Since I am not a real close follower of the AF 15 marketplace, any thoughts as to whether these are the new going rates or a bit under the recent going rates?  ???

Speaking only for myself, as a buy-and-hold guy I tend to pay much more attention to the books I am still pursuing than the ones I have already added to my collection.  While I didn't pay $57K for my 5.0 (thank God), I did buy mine in July 2017 which in hindsight looks like it was a terrible time to buy, more or less the peak of where the market has been for this book.  Now here I am in need of an FF #1 and feeling very wary of having poor timing all over again.  :frown:

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Speaking only for myself, as a buy-and-hold guy I tend to pay much more attention to the books I am still pursuing than the ones I have already added to my collection.  While I didn't pay $57K for my 5.0 (thank God), I did buy mine in July 2017 which in hindsight looks like it was a terrible time to buy, more or less the peak of where the market has been for this book.  Now here I am in need of an FF #1 and feeling very wary of having poor timing all over again.  :frown:

5 hours ago, NoMan said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

When/where is the “first time” it sold? I think I looked up the serial # and it was graded in 2017. Edit: Graded on 8/22/17

Also ComicLink

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, a CGC 5.0 graded copy going for $36,300 in today's CL auction definitely sounds quite a bit lower than the $57K that CC was able to get for their CGC 5.0 graded copy back in the Spring of 2017.  Of course, with these AF 15's, it's also how the book presents relative to its assigned grade and not the just the CGC label itself.  hm

Actually, a good sign since it's a case of buying the book as opposed to just buying the label.  (thumbsu

i was shocked at the low price for this 5.0. it presents great, no chipping really at all. it has cream to off white pages which is less appealing for many than OW/WP, but looks very nice. i certainly expected it to end in the 40s. many other SA keys are playing catch up the last year and having very strong gains, so perhaps AF15 just has to wait it's turn. 

On 2/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, G.A.tor said:

Well, the first copy that sold was 261 by clink (not 271)

then next copy went 250 or so (maybe to 261 under bidder)

then next sale was in the 220s

and now in the 2-teens

however that doesn’t account for a myriad of variables so who is really to say

from a strictly analytical perspective a Cgc 8.0 has sold down almost 20% from High , with 3 consecutive down sales 

next copy might sell 300. No one knows :)

sold for $210,000 11/27/18 on CL

4 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

...so perhaps AF15 just has to wait it's turn. 

I think AF 15 already had it's turn.  :shy:

Edited by drbanner

Just now, Spiderturtle said:

that's a pretty good price for the seller considering the right side has "pre-marvel chipping"

and the image is gone from CL. Yeah, MC is terrifying. Gotham Kid was kind enough to link back to 2/18 in this thread where the "pre-MC" was discussed. 

Edited by NoMan