• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2018 at 7:09 AM, Ltpink2002 said:

The buyer got the 7.5 for a very good price. 

No real surprise here as the marketplace is seasonal and winter time auctions are notoriously known for producing lower results.

In addition, I would think the absolutely pathetic performance of the stock market over the past couple of months has everybody feeling a lot poorer than they were feeling earlier in the year.  Buyers tend to have a lot more confidence in buying and bidding more aggressively  when their asset portfolios are up by say 20% for the year, as opposed to being down by 30% or more over the past couple of months.  hm

Was this sale for real?

Looks like about a 2.5 raw.  But there's no description.

$7200 and then I looked at the shipping charges $3800:whatthe: 

Still, if it was legit $11,000 would have been a great price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-September-1962-see-Notes-Marvel/264095260085?epid=85393914&hash=item3d7d4dddb5:g:bwkAAOSwgbdcGp0G

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No real surprise here as the marketplace is seasonal and winter time auctions are notoriously known for producing lower results.

In addition, I would think the absolutely pathetic performance of the stock market over the past couple of months has everybody feeling a lot poorer than they were feeling earlier in the year.  Buyers tend to have a lot more confidence in buying and bidding more aggressively  when their asset portfolios are up by say 20% for the year, as opposed to being down by 30% or more over the past couple of months.  hm

Everyone panic! (:

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Was this sale for real?

Looks like about a 2.5 raw.  But there's no description.

$7200 and then I looked at the shipping charges $3800:whatthe: 

Still, if it was legit $11,000 would have been a great price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-September-1962-see-Notes-Marvel/264095260085?epid=85393914&hash=item3d7d4dddb5:g:bwkAAOSwgbdcGp0G

I dunno why seller would have a $3800 shipping charge. 10% of it will be knocked off anyways and risking a 1 star for shipping rates being too excessive. 

On 12/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, lou_fine said:

Enter: Delekkerste 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:49 AM, lou_fine said:

I would think the absolutely pathetic performance of the stock market over the past couple of months has everybody feeling a lot poorer than they were feeling earlier in the year.  Buyers tend to have a lot more confidence in buying and bidding more aggressively  when their asset portfolios are up by say 20% for the year, as opposed to being down by 30% or more over the past couple of months.  hm

Your comment is very relevant. The stock market is falling fast, the likes of which we have not seen since 2008. Soon, it will permeate into many aspects of our lives. Whether you own stock or not, it will affect you. It will affect the comic book marketplace, especially the high end market. While I don't suspect a major decline in valuation, I believe the days of speculation and rapid increases in valuation will soon be over. 

9 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Your comment is very relevant. The stock market is falling fast, the likes of which we have not seen since 2008. Soon, it will permeate into many aspects of our lives. Whether you own stock or not, it will affect you. It will affect the comic book marketplace, especially the high end market. While I don't suspect a major decline in valuation, I believe the days of speculation and rapid increases in valuation will soon be over. 

It's all cyclic. Down, then up again. One big playground seesaw with a bull on one side and a bear...

Edited by peewee22

1 minute ago, peewee22 said:

It's all cyclic. Down, then up again. One big playground seesaw.

Agreed, but right now it's down big time. The old saying, 'don't try and catch a falling knife' holds true here. Not a time to buy, hang on to your cash. If people start losing jobs, they will stop buying big ticket comic books. I haven't bought a significant comic in two months. I woud think there are others out there like me that are thinking twice before spending any real money.  (shrug)

On 12/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, Dark Knight said:

I dunno why seller would have a $3800 shipping charge. 10% of it will be knocked off anyways and risking a 1 star for shipping rates being too excessive. 

Does eBay take 10% of the shipping also? I didn’t think they did and imagined that was the reason for the $3800.00 shipping fee.

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Agreed, but right now it's down big time. The old saying, 'don't try and catch a falling knife' holds true here. Not a time to buy, hang on to your cash. If people start losing jobs, they will stop buying big ticket comic books. I haven't bought a significant comic in two months. I woud think there are others out there like me that are thinking twice before spending any real money.  (shrug)

I hear you. I haven't bought a significant comic since Aug 2011.

3 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Does eBay take 10% of the shipping also? I didn’t think they did and imagined that was the reason for the $3800.00 shipping fee.

yep and 10% of your balls.

Edited by peewee22

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Mr bla bla said:

Pretty nice grail here ... !

Need advice, 

I purchased an AF=15 3.0SA 3 years ago from HA

I resent the book in December 2018 to re=auction. The staff at HA thought removing the color touch might be worth doing and

come back a 2.5 or a 2.0 blue label. I just received notice that the book PQ is 3,5 but the guys at cgc say the book was trimmed

and it was missed the 1st time it was graded. Is this really possible? Now I have a 3.5 purple label with trimmed listed. 

Where do I go from here. I will list Photo's

53AB152D-096F-425E-82A8-349687985C01.jpeg.f3747e4c57e70d89a20a9e488437c634.jpg

back.jpg